6 - Z

Peter's P.O.V

I limped along the streets of New York closely behind Pippa. We were in Manhattan now, heading towards the Empire State Building, trying to avoid being noticed.
"Where are we going?"
"I have a friend. He'll know where we can find help."
I winced in pain.
"Sorry but, if you want to stay off the radar and not go to the hospital, this is the option where you're least likely to die."
We neared the street where the Empire State Building was and Pippa stopped and turned to face me "Okay, look, when meeting my friend, don't ask about his parents, his life, or anything personal at all."
"Why - "
"Just trust me. He's a good guy, but he won't share anything about his life and if you ask he will not help."
"Okay, no worries, I'll just silently bleed over here."
Pippa smiled slightly, then walked off to the entrance of the Empire State Building. Standing there was a boy younger than Pippa with tousled sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He had elfish features, upturned eyebrows, a sarcastic smile, and a mischievous gleam in his eyes.
"Hey Z, I'm looking for Luke and Anya, d'you know where they are?" Pippa asked him.
"Pippa," He glanced behind her to see me "what lost puppy have you picked up this time?"
"I stopped Cade from killing him, but he got beat up pretty bad."
Z walked up to me and studied where I'd been stabbed in the side. After a second, he grabbed the knife and pulled it out.
"OW!" I screamed in pain. Sure, I'd been hurt badly before, but I still had a knife in my side.
He examined the knife for a second and then placed it in his pocket "Don't worry, I'll put it somewhere it can't hurt anyone." Then he turned back to Pippa "Last I heard, Luke's somewhere near the Lincoln tunnel and Anya's at Em's."
"Em's?! No way this guy'll last this long."
"I have - "
Their voices slowly faded away to nonsensical background noise and my vision began to blur. And then I passed out.