27 - Rescue Mission

Peter's P.O.V

No one noticed a web shooting up from the ground to the window right behind the 3 hostages and me, in my regular clothes, swing up and land in a crouch behind them. I held a finger to my lips as all 3 of them swivelled around to glance at me, and then began untying their bonds.
Aunt May went first, gripping onto me tightly as I slowly lowered us down to the ground. When we landed, she pulled me into a fierce hug "Oh, Peter! I thought that - It was you - I thought you'd gotten stabbed!"
I jerked away suddenly "Stabbed? But in my suit was..." Zephyr. "May, stay here. I'll be back soon." I swung back up, coming down next with Ned, and then Happy.
Once all 3 of them were safe, I whispered "Follow me." And began crouch-running along the car park. They all looked so shocked by the events of today that they could hardly speak, but managed to put one foot in front of the other and follow me to where Estelle was parked in the 'Delphi Strawberry Service' van that Z had...procured for Lucas what seemed like a lifetime ago.
After May, Ned, and Happy were all safely in the van, I said to Estelle "Okay, take them somewhere safe. Go to my apartment or something." and then, despite their vocal protests, I closed the door and ran back to the ajar window leading into the room that was once J. Jonah Jameson's office, but now held the unconscious Zephyr disguised as me, a Minotaur beast of some kind, a supervillain hell-bent on destroying me, my new and strange friends, and a possibly dead but hopefully just unconscious MJ lying in the wreckage of a plane. (There's a sentence I never thought I'd say!)

Tidal Wave had taken a short break from berrating Lauren to stare in shock at Zephyr's face "What - how - " then she whirled on my friends "Where is he?" She demanded.
But none of them answered. Either they truly didn't know, and MJ had kept it to herself, or they were risking their lives for mine.
Tidal Wave growled in frustration, but was interrupted by Beast, who had grabbed MJ's body out of the wreckage and threw it carelessly at her feet.
Tidal Wave knelt down beside her, examining her face "That was quite a stunt you pulled back there, Michelle Jones. Or should I say Michelle Fury?"
MJ's eyes flittered open - just for a second, but enough to know she was still alive.
"Oh, not dead then." She said, sounding slightly perturbed.
Beast had been pointing at the empty space where Aunt May, Ned, and Happy had once been for a minute or so now, and Lauren finally mustered up enough courage to point it out to Tidal Wave "Um - Myra...?"
"Don't call me that." She snapped, her head whipping around "My name's Tidal Wave."
"Uh, Tidal Wave?"
"Yes, what?"
"The - they've escaped." Lauren pointed but Tidal Wave didn't seem to care about their disappearance.
"We don't need them anymore." Her head turned back to look at MJ, a cruel grin infecting her face "We have something way, way better."