Epilogue

Peter's P.O.V

3 days later

The pizza restaurant was bright and empty apart from the table in the middle where my friends were congregated. Pippa and Lucas were arguing about something or other, with Anya chipping in now and then - it seemed to be about whether pineapple should be on pizza, because of course it was. Pippa was steadfastly against it, whereas Lucas loves it. Anya sadly interjected 'Zara liked Hawaiian pizza. That was her favourite.' and Pippa couldn't really argue against it after that - Zephyr was stuffing pizza in his face while batting away Estelle's hand as she tried to steal a piece, Ned was watching Pippa and Lucas' argument bemused, and MJ was reading a book. As I got closer, I saw the title of the book she was reading; 'A Good Girl's Guide To Murder' "Should I be worried?" I laughed, sitting down beside her.
"It's just in case." She grinned, not looking up from her book "Like if you steal my pizza, for example." She glared pointedly at my hand that had already reached to grab a slice of her pizza. I smiled sheepishly, and she smacked my hand playfully with a pizza slice.

Our pizza 'yay we didn't die' party was interrupted when a man walked in, calling "Z, Estelle, I've been looking all over for you!" He looked maybe 26, with ruffled raven black hair, sea green eyes, and an orange t-shirt even though it was mid September.
"Sorry, sir." Zephyr looked down at the ground. It was the first time I'd ever seen him embarrassed. (Granted, I haven't known him that long, but still.)
"Estelle, can you go wait in the car?"
"But - "
"Estelle, I really do try my hardest to keep you out of danger. I just - I'm just trying to protect you."
"I know." Estelle now wore the same expression of shame that Zephyr was - whoever this man was, neither of them wanted to let him down "Bye guys." She gave a small wave, then turned to Zephyr "You were really brave, you know." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on his cheek, then skipped towards the car parked outside.
The man didn't seem to know how to respond to that "You... And my sister..."
Zephyr blushed a deep red "We - we're just friends."
The man chuckled "Y'know, Z, I used to say that about a girl I knew."
"What happened?"
He smiled a blissful grin "We're getting married next month."
Lucas interrupted "Z, who's this?"
Zephyr seemed to have forgotten we were here "Oh, um, this is... My mentor?" He didn't seem to know quite what to call him "He works at the camp I go to."
Lucas smiled politely at the man "Hi, I'm Luke."
He seemed startled by this "Luke?"
"Well, Lucas, but..." He saw the man's expression "Something wrong?"
He shook away whatever bad though had crossed his mind "It's - it's nothing. You just... Remind me of someone I used to know."
"I - I'm sorry I disobeyed you - sir." Zephyr said timidly "But they - my friends needed help, and I'm always gonna help my friends, and - "
"Oh, it's fine Z. You shouldn't really have done it, but..." He sighed "You remind me of me when I was your age. You do what you have to do to protect your friends, no matter what the rules say."
"A - Am I in trouble?"
The man sighed "Just head back to Camp." the man said "But if you ever include my sister in your schemes again, I will tell - " he paused, glancing at me, and the others "the Camp Director, ok?"
Zephyr nodded and scurried off.
The man turned to me "Sorry about that. I'm meant to be keeping him out of trouble, but I'm not doing a very good job of it. Anyway, I don't think we've been properly introduced. Hi, I'm Percy Jackson."