15 - The Bat Cave

Peter's P.O.V

"This is where Cade lives?!"
"Why, what were you expecting?"
"I don't know; Rock walls, weapons everywhere, a waterfall for a door - I guess I was just picturing the bat cave."
Pippa laughed "Sorry to disappoint you. He just lives in some average run down apartment in Manhattan."
"So do we just..." I trailed off.
"Kick down the door? Yep."
"But - but that's... Illegal."
Pippa shrugged so casually, but I really shouldn't have been shocked by this point "So what? It's not like we haven't done it before."
"You - you have? When?"
"I mean, we don't make a habit of it, but most recently was the Dare mansion in Brooklyn - man, that was a fun day."
"Wait wait wait, the trashing of the Dare mansion, the one that Spider-Man's being blamed for, that was you?"
"Yeah, why?"
I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around what this meant, but before I could try to, the front door swung open and in the doorway stood a mean looking teenage girl.
"Aurora." Pippa snarled, clenching her fists.
"Why, hello, Pip." She smiled sarcastically "How nice to see you again. Cade's been expecting you. Anya, nice bruise. I gotta say, you put up a good fight."
"You did this to her!?" Pippa tried to charge forwards but Lucas held her back.
"I - Is she here?" I stammered.
Aurora smiled smugly "Oh, she's here all right. But Cade has a few...demands, before he just hands her over."
"A-anything, I'll do anything."
"Aww, how sweet." Aurora mocked "It makes me sick. "Come on in." She grabbed me by my shirt and dragged me into the apartment, the other 3 having no choice but to follow behind me.