4 - The Second Video

M.J's P.O.V

"He's just...gone?" Ned asked.
"Yes. And I'm going to get him back."
"We're going to get him back." I corrected Happy
"I wanna help." Ned said immediately.
"No." Happy insisted. "No way."
"But M.J gets to go? Peter's my best friend. And I've known he's Spider-Man longer than her."
"Yeah, but she's -"
"We need you here to clear Peter's name." I interjected "He's not going to come back unless he thinks it's safe for us."
"That might be easier said than done." Ned gulped "I guess you haven't seen the news recently."
"Oh no, what happened?"
Ned pulled out his laptop and showed us the most resent video from the Daily Bugle, featuring none other than J. Jonah Jameson himself.

"One week ago, the mansion of a rich land developer, Wesley Dare, was broken into and trashed, many precious items stolen. The culprit has not been found... Until now."
The screen cut to a clip of a surveillance camera outside a humongous gleaming white mansion. Nothing happened for a few seconds, then, running away from the mansion as high speed was a red figure. The camera zoomed in and froze on the indisputable face of Spider-Man.
"That's right!" It cut back to Jameson "Spider-Man, or should I say Peter Parker, has turned from evil villainy to straight up petty crime. What will be next? And who will stop this crimanal's misuse of power?"

"Oh, this is bad. We have to find him before this gets even more out of hand."
"I'm coming too!" Ned insisted.
"No, you stay here. Figure out where these videos are coming from and put a stop to them." Happy had already begun rushing to the door when he turned around and tossed an earpiece to Ned "Use this to keep in contact. Tell us if you find anything or if you need help with anything. Oh, and, tell May about Peter, will you?"
As Happy and I walked out of the door, he muttered to me "Why didn't you tell Ned the real reason you're coming and he's not."
"I think he's had enough life-changing news for now. And I want Peter to be the first to know."
"Okay, but you gotta tell them who your dad is soon. It's getting harder to keep the secret."

(A/N: Finally!!! I've finished the set up and can finally get into the actually story!!!!!!)