12 - Taken

MJ's P.O.V

Happy pulled over to the side of the road and stepped out of the car "Sorry I'm late, I was talking to Ned - apparently he has a plan to clear Peter's name and he needs my help. I have to go back."
"What - no, we can't stop now!"
"I'm sorry MJ, but proving him innocent is more important than finding him right now."
I sighed in defeat "I know, but... Why don't I stay here to look for him? You can go help Ned and May."
Happy looked reluctant, but I added "There's no point in both of us leaving. And there has to be some chance that we'll be able to track him down eventually."
"Track him..." Happy mused to himself "Track him!" He rushed to the boot of his car and pulled out a thick, metal, handheld device that looked like it came straight out of the 90s "I can't believe that I didn't think of this until now!" He tossed it over to me.
With my amazing reflexes, I fumbled in the air with it for a second and then dropped it "What is this?"
"Peter's suit has a tracking device in it - Tony left it to me when... After he... Well, after he died."
"And you didn't think to use it until now?"
"I had completely forgotten about it honestly - I'd never had to use it."
"So I just follow this and - "
"It will lead you right to him."
I nodded and started to head off again.
"Good luck!" He called after me.
"You too!" I nodded back to him.

I followed the tracker halfway across London until it led me to another dark and shady alley. (I think the number of dark and shady alleys I've been to has tripled in the past 2 days.)
Peter wasn't there. Instead, there were 3 scary looking 20-something boys, and an even scarier looking teenage girl. And one of the boys... Was the same guy wed met earlier that day, the one who'd had Peter's backpack.
"Uhh... Hey, I'm looking for Peter, do you... Know where he is?" I was already backing out of the alley.
"Oh, you're a friend of his, are you?" The lead boy smirked, slightly unhinged.
"Y-yeah..."
"Well, me and Peter - Tony, as he's calling himself - have some unfinished business." He nodded to the other 3 "Grab her."
Before I had the chance to scream, they had shoved a bag over my head. One of them smashed my head against the alley wall and the world fell black.