Chapter 18

Niora Johnson~

Yasmine called up a friend and it only took ten minutes for her to meet up with us.

"Alright," a light skin girl said, coming up to my car window. I looked at her with a raised brow. She had the fashion sense I had assumed on the first day I had seen her. And she was a stud. Nahh, not around my baby girl. I mean...my friend.

"That was quick," I murmured to Yasmine.

"She lives in these apartments too," she said with no emotion.

I placed my hand on Yasmine's thigh, sharing a long look at her before turning to look at the light skinned girl who had looked away awkwardly during the silence. "I'm Niora, Yasmine's friend," I emphasized in an almost sarcastic way. "I'm her friend too," the girl said in a neutral tone, she held out her hand through the window and I contemplated closing it up.

Yasmine moved her hand up to the window button on her side, giving me a side look. "Alright, alright," I said under my breath, shaking the girl's hand. Goodness knows where it's been, too. "I'm Chastine," she introduced herself. "Niora," I repeated. She looked a bit young. Ew.

"So you're good at computer science right? Like your class?" Yasmine asked Chastine. "Yeah, but I'm also good with technology in general."

"Alright, what is she here for?" I grumbled.

"She's gonna hack into the cameras, and we're gonna find out who tried to beat me up," Yasmine said.

I rose an eyebrow.

"Park the car at Yasmine's house and let's just sneak in the way Yasmine did," Chastine suggested. I parked the car obediently, hid my valuable items under the seats, and we got out. The old chair Yasmine used apparently was on the balcony it belonged to and she didn't want to risk going up to the second floor to get it.

"Okay, we're gonna help each other over," Yasmine declared.

I was still a tad bit mad at her so I was willing to argue. "But what about the third person? Who's gonna push them over, Casper? Or no...Jasper from Twilight with his incredible strength?" I asked sarcastically.

Chastine and Yasmine looked back at me oddly and Chastine started helping Yasmine over. "What is she...on her period...cranky?" I heard Chastine whispering.

She was so lucky she was helping us.

"I'll be the third person, I know how to climb fences," Chastine declared.

I eyed her. What type of person was Chastine? I don't know if I want her hanging around Yasmine like that. "Don't worry I'm not no burglar," Chastine laughed, "some neighborhood friends and I just used to do that when we were younger," she assured me.

"You sure you wanna go over first, Yasmine?" I asked. What if the person was waiting there again. Then again, they could be dead for all we know. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll give a scream if I'm not," she said in an easygoing tone.

She landed over with a huff and I quickly let Chastine help me over. If I had to fight we would fight. Once Chastine was over, which took an extra five minutes than me and Yasmine's four, I looked at Chastine. "You do realize this is burglarizing now, huh?" I asked in a tougher-than-nails voice.

"Yes," Chastine said tightly, seeming to now be more focused. "Lemme go ahead and peep if this house has an alarm system. You guys stay back, we'll peep this house's cameras and if we don't find anything useful we move onto the next, okay?"

Yasmine and myself stayed back in the shadow of a tree near the fence looking around. I observed Yassy carefully. She didn't seem to be nervous here, just more aware.

"I feel so dumb now, but something was just calling me over here, ya know?" she said quietly.

"Yeah," I said emptily.

"I'm sorry for being a dick," she told me, turning towards me, "I'm just a fucked up ass person, huh?"

"No cap," I darkly chuckled.

She nudged me with her elbow, "Hey, you weren't sposed to laugh."

"But I did," I smirked.

After falling back into silence for a few more minutes and me going back to look over the fence to make sure my car was there, Chastine returned. "Had to disable it. I only resetted it and kept the password they last had and the previous settings on this gun wrapper so unless they check their reset history which I can still delete if y'all want, I'll- we'll be fine."

"Reset," I corrected and this time Yasmine nudged me more painfully.

"And yes, please delete the history," Yasmine said pleasantly.

"C'mon," Chastine said and we headed towards the house. The "dition as some kids at school called it wasn't really a low step from the mansions I lived around. It was just false materials mostly made to look luxurious but for really rich middle class people. Huh.

Chastine calmly and slowly opened up the glass patio door and I observed her more carefully. This girl's demeanor spoke with experience.

I didn't like it.

She pointed her finger upstairs at herself, downstairs for Yasmine, and down some random hall for me. Yassy and I nodded and headed off in our separate directions. None of us had to be told. We were looking for their camera room. And seeing how rich they were...we were all hoping that they had one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote❤️
Comment🥰
Hey y'all👋🏽