Chapter 19

Yasmine Wood~

I made my way through the downstairs areas. Stress made my heart pound and by now my forehead was sticky and every other place of my body that sweats was too. What if we got caught? What if it was just somebody who thought that I was burglar and not nobody out to get me? I was technically in someone else's property.

I made my way through the dark halls quietly. A formal dining room, a regular one. A book room or whatever it's called. A game room. A kitchen. A front room. A washing room tucked off to the corner. Nothing. I pulled out my phone in the washing room and dialed down it's brightness and still hid it's faint shine with a cupped hand.

I had quickly made a group chat while Niora and I had waited for Chastine to get us in. "Nothing downstairs, I'll check one more time. Turn down your brightness and turn off your sound," I text. I put my phone back into my pocket, made sure the flashlight hadn't mysteriously turned on as it liked to do, and snuck back around through the downstairs. What the hell could the other floors of the house possibly hold? These people looked like they lived in a mansion.

Even in the dark, the floors shone with expensive taste and the artwork looked like something that Picasso dude would have made. I guess.

I came back to the cracked open patio door and wondered what I should do from here. Despite the easy composure that I had kept up all night, I really didn't want to stand all alone outside by myself.

I text the group chat but no answer. I saw the looks Niora was giving Chastine. Had something...happened?

It's not like I had tried to fuck Chastine. She was only a friend. Guilt settled over me. The girl Chastine tried to put me on with. Stevy. Shoot, Chastine herself even relatively. And then me betraying Niora. I didn't even deserve to have her helping me but as soon as this was over with I was gonna ask her what she was gonna tell me "later" on the phone.

"We found it," Niora mouthed from the top of the stairs and it took everything in me not to race up the stairs. The room was tucked away near the attic...or was the basement upstairs? Chastine was already busy working her magic and I softly closed the door behind us. Chastine worked by her phone's flashlight on High and she typed as lightly as she could. She got access to the cameras and we waited for the footage to redownload and show up.

I held my breath.

What if something worse happened?

What if this was all a dream?

What if it was someone I knew?

The video begin to play and it was on loud. Niora and Chastine hissed at the same time and Chastine scrambled to find the button to lower the volume. I noticed I heard a walking sound, and I warned Chastine and Niora. I was panicked. My future. My life. Ruined.

"Hide under there," I whispered.

Niora and I were short but Chastine wasn't. "Hide in the closet," Niora told her, which I suspected she actually wanted her to do, "and when they come in, hit them with that big thing in the corner."

"I don't even know if I can pick that up," Chastine whispered back loudly.

The steps were getting closer, Niora and i shoed her away. Chastine worriedly went over to a closet holding randomly things and closed the door, taking the big thing that I still couldn't figure out what it was and taking it inside with her. I closed my eyes and hid under the shadow of the bench.

We were going to be immediately seen but there was nowhere else to hide.

The door knob turned and a tall girl (or at least taller than me) came in with a fully loaded long ass gun with multiple gears on it that I would never remember the names of even if I would have learned it all my life. A red beam came from it and she looked around the room quickly and her eyes finally landed on us. Niora's hands were covering her face and she was shaking in fear. Chastine was slowly opening up the closet and I began to hold up my hands. The video still played, on loud.

The girl shouldn't be able to hear how loud Chastine's closet might be creaking.

Chastine grunted as she tried to swing on the girl. The girl knocked Chastine over with the gun and a kick to the stomach and kicked the black thing out of anyone's way. The light was on in the room and I saw it was a Dell printer.

The girl still hadn't spoken yet.

Niora moved her hands from her face and slowly looked up until she found the girl's eyes. Both of their's widened momentarily.

"I meet you...and you rob me. They're always after the money, my mother tells me," the girl said bitterly. Her eyes fell on me, but I was still puzzling how they knew one another. "I don't know you." The girl looked down at Chastine holding her stomach, and she had shitted herself. She didn't bother saying anything to her. She turned back to me and began walking. My hands were still up and frozen.

"Please don't kill me, turn me into the cops, anything- I begin to babble.

"Shh," she said slowly. She dropped her gun down on Chastine's stomach, not even considering if Chastine might have the strength to overtake her. Or to even shoot her from right there.

"Ever since I saved you...I was dreaming about seeing you again, from the way I first saw you."

Screams came from the video and we all sharply turned our heads towards it. It was me, getting my face smashed in by a random figure and then another figure running on camera from an area off camera that began taking down the initial figure.

"I don't remember you," I said.

"You were knocked out cold," the girl turned to me and turned off the video.

"Well I hope you got a good look of my face-

"I did, and more," the girl said in almost a purr, approaching me again.

"What do you mean and more?" I demanded.

"They had your legs wide open. I got to see a pretty kitty." I lunged towards her but Niora held me back. I looked down at Niora confused. Was this a setup? Why didn't Niora help me overtake this girl? My mind flashed through all types of scenarios and that must have shown on my face because Niora looked crushed. "Don't try it, Yassy," Niora said in what seemed to be the most softest tone she possessed.

"I'd advise you listen," the girl said coldly.

Chastine coughed from deep in her chest.

"The hell you did to me?" I asked the girl.

"I think we should start with formalities..yes?" she grinned. Now it didn't seem like we had broke into her house. It felt like she had broke into mine.

"I'm Ashelynne Cole," she said with a sick smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote❤️
Comment🥰
Wassup💴