Chapter 29

Yasmine Wood~

Here they go callin Kaylley again. Like Kaylley ain't got work in like three hours. She was gone all night, prolly can't even walk. Limp not a pimp ass. Gettin her back cracked ass. I was pissed. They actin like they don't see Ashelynne causing trouble around here. They took Chastine to another room and I waited for the principal to come back after talking to my mom.

He told me that my cousin was supposed to come pick me up. That was our code word for find one of yo friends to come pick you up and say that's your cousin. I scrolled through my phone trying to remember a friend that had a car that lived around here. The thing is....I haven't really been working on that whole friendship thing since Niora and I fell apart.

The only person who I could really contact was Dominik. Her cell rung three times before she answered with a smirk in her voice. "You want me?" she said in a sleepy voice. She always sounded sleepy cause she was always gone off somebody drug or just waking up in random places. My mom and her oddly didn't get along and I saw that as a sign that maybe Dominik was worse than Kaylley. Ugh, there I go, claiming Kaylley my mom again.

You see, Dominik is my ex from my old school, Orange Burrows School. She's 16 now, 5'2, and the worst influence that's ever been in my life ever. But now I need her to pick me up because my mom doesn't feel like crawling out of bed and Spiderman-ing it to the car.

"Can you come pick me up?" I asked.

"Huh?" she sounded dazed.

"Come pick me up Dominik, I'll send the address. Don't ask no questions," I whispered, hearing the principal coming, and I hung up. I sent her the address of my school hoping I wouldn't ever have to do this again or that she wouldn't randomly pop up here again since she now knows where I go to school at.

"Did your cousin answer?" the principal asked.

"No, not yet. I think she's asleep. I'm really sorry," I apologized gently. Being around Niora had made me slip out of my shy ways. I needed to go back to staying low and being unnoticed. It was never hard for me before to do it naturally.

"Alright," the principal left the room and I rung up Dominik again. I bet this girl had went back to being passed out.

"Huh?"

"Dominik, come pick me up please," I hissed.

"Where you at?" I heard a bed move and a girl starting to snore loudly. Another snore joined in and I rolled my eyes. I see she wasn't down on any company. "Li- Taco Be-" Damn lemme just tell her where I am cause she gon have to sign me out. "Lilack Spring High School," I told her.

"What that gotta do witta taco?" she asked stupidly, and slowly.

"Just come pick me up, Dominik," I sighed.

"Ight, I'm coming," she yawned and hung up.

I waited nervously. The principal came in and I told them that my cousin was coming. I was led to the sitting area and Chastine went in after me. She already had dried tears on her face and she gave me a thumbs up as she went in.

"Niora," a random clerk called out about twenty minutes later or more.

"Yes?" I stood up.

I was led to where Dominik stood, awkwardly between the front office and the attendance office. Her hands were shaking as she kept reaching into her pocket then balling her fist up. That was the only sign that something was up though. The rest of her remained calm and she looked chill. She must be missing some addiction fix.

"Dominik," I said as I came out of the principal's office. She looked over to me and her hands calmed down. "Yasmine?"

"It is she," I twirled around. "Why you needed me to pick you up?" she asked curiously as we left out. "I got into a fight," I told her. "Didn't even know you went here," she looked around. "How many black peoples up in dis b word," she laughed. "Not enough, and at the same time, too many. I'm having problems with this girl who like me."

Here Dominik and I were again, flowing back into comfort with each other. I almost could forget about the reason why I'm glad to be gone from Orange Burrows.

"What's her name?" she asked, pulling out a blunt and lighting it.

I looked over at her. Some niggas smoke cigarettes and pull it out they pockets. But no, this is what Dominik does. Somehow that irritated me. "Dominik, you still smokin weed," I asked exasperated. "I need my coke, so this is the best thing until I get some more. Name?"

"Ashelynne," I sighed.

"Hmm, never heard of her. Reputation can't be that big and bad. She win or you lost?"

"I won," I scoffed.

"Hmm..okay," she murmured, "Hard exterior, soft heart then." We made it to her Charger with a taped up back light. "Most likely," she added. I sat in the passenger seat and she rested her blunt on the dashboard. She pulled out her phone and exhaled, texting some girl who was literally sending her text messages every second. "Another crazy bitch?" I asked, putting on my seat belt.

"You still put on seatbelts," she looked over at me, probably not even hearing me talk.

"When yo ass finally knocked out dying, how else am I not gon fly through the window shield Dominik?" I asked.

"You can really get out my car," she rolled her eyes, putting up her phone. "That's fine, you already signed me out, soo.."

I started to open the door and she rested her hand on my thigh. "Come back to Orange Burrows. I miss you," she whispered. I hated the smell of her breath and the way she looked me up and down like every other girl.

"I can't. My mama wanted us to move here, and it's closer to da club," I said, repeating what my mom argued about to my dad every now and then.

"I know some people, get ya mom a good job sellin some stuff then you can come back," Dominik suggested genuinely. "I'm not a fem no more, Dominik. And you can't accept me as who I am."

"Yasmine, you a whole fem at heart bro...I honestly don't see why you're choosing this life," Dominik sighed. "I'm choosing to be me, Dominik. You're the one who doesn't want that for me." She started the car, rubbing her face, "Give me another chance and-

I opened my car door, "I'm honestly tired of people judging me and not seeing that I'm tryna become the real me."

I screamed as a car came swerving into the parking space and Dominik's paint job made me slide to the ground. The bumper knocked me out and Dominik yelped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Vote❤️Comment🥰This is the last chapter for Yasmine, ima go ahead and end the story here for her and just start on the sequel whenever y'all get me to my 200 votes or views on next chapter 🙃

Vote❤️
Comment🥰
This is the last chapter for Yasmine, ima go ahead and end the story here for her and just start on the sequel whenever y'all get me to my 200 votes or views on next chapter 🙃