Chapter 20

(🥳Yayy chapter twenty, comment how many more chapters you think this book will end up going to?)

Niora Johnson~

I avoided Ashe's eyes. But when she said what she said to Yassy, my eyebrows furrowed. She talked like she knew what Yasmine's pussy tasted like. Did Ashe and Yassy know each other before Ashe's Great Heroic Act, or was this a one time, imma-save-your-life thing?

I should have known from the time she made sure she got to class on time not both of us on my first day there that she wasn't a good person. Okay, so maybe that's childish as hell. And what makes her a bad person for defending her home too?

"We were just tryna see the cameras. We didn't ask because-

"I'm not talking to you," Ashe whispered in a funny way to me then started laughing. So we had struck the lottery and won a crazy bitch. The delight. I grasped Yassy's hand. Ashe didn't acknowledge that.

Sorry, Ashelynne. Lemme correct myself.

"I believe you," Ashe said quickly then cocked her head at me. I sighed out a breath of relief. "Did you shit yourself?"

I shook my head slowly, "It...It was me," Chastine rasped, holding her stomach. Had Ashelynne literally punched the shit out of Chastine? I suddenly felt bad for the girl.

"What happened to me," Yasmine asked, her expression unreadable.

"I didn't do anything. And the dude only beat you up. Care to watch the cameras?" Ashelynne claimed.

Yasmine stiffly stood up, glanced back at Ashelynne, then pressed play.

We all watched the video in silence. I realized once it was over that Ashelynne had been observing me the whole time. "You love her. You're here for her. Not my money."

I can afford three of your houses.

I looked down and kept silent, then finally said, "I do care for her."

Yasmine looked back at me, still standing in front of the computers projecting the camera's content. "We didn't mean you or any of your property harm," Yasmine said, "we just didn't know who could have been the person who beat me up so I didn't want to go around asking and the word spread you know."

Yasmine looked at Ashelynne quickly then rushed over to me. I held her tightly and Chastine was still helplessly on the floor, lying in her own shit.

"I'll get you a change of clothes and you can take a shower here," Ashe told Chastine. She helped her up, looking like she'd rather not touch her and Chastine embarrassingly looked away from the smudge of mess she left on the floor.

"Are you going to call the cops?" I asked.

Ashe didn't even look me in the eyes.

"No," she simply said.

She led Chastine to a bathroom and Yasmine convinced me to stay because Chastine had helped us get in. "I'm never doing this again," I told Yasmine. "Yeah well, now we know that Asheley saved me."

"Ashelynne," said Ashe as she crept up on us. "Niora...a word?"

I left Yasmine at the end of the staircase.

Ashe grabbed me by the neck and pushed me down a hallway into a guest bedroom. She shut the door loudly behind us and pushed me on the bed. She stared at me. "Do something...fight back..."

"Why?" I asked blankly and started to sit up.

I had been sure we were going to fuck, and my mind completely deleted Yasmine. I came back to my senses. "This isn't blackmail right? I give you coochie so you won't tell the police, right?" I asked. "No," Ashe said weightlessly.

"I like studs. I want you," she told me boldly.

She crawled on top of me, gently pushing my head back. "We won't do nothing today...but another time...we will."

"I assumed you wanted Yasmine....and you even said that you saw I loved her...I don't get it..."

"I can want things I can't have," she whispered in my ear, and got up. She went to the door and opened it and I got up off of the bed. Yasmine stood outside of the door and her eyes met me getting out of the bed. She started to walk away and I grew frustrated. "You're a fucking cheater and you get mad at me because of something you see that didn't even happen."

"I'm not a cheater, we aren't together Miss Johnson," she said coldly.

"Then what am I here for?" I responded back just as coldly. Yasmine folded her arms over her chest and turned away. "Your jealousy is overclouding your judgment. You should be asking for me to forgive you for doing the things you've done this week and the last," I said in a tightened tone.

"The person I ask for forgiveness from is God, Niora," Yasmine said lowly.

"Then he will be your only companion along with Stevy, and Chastine. And the girl behind the school." I didn't look at Ashe, or Yasmine as I left out of the house. I wanted to slam the door but I didn't. Whatever Ashelynne chose, she could have it. I climbed back over the fence and went into my car. I made sure neither Chastine nor Yasmine had left anything in the car and pulled off.

My phone buzzed and it was my dad complaining about how he had to take an Uber home. He wasn't a strict parent but he did warn me that driving the car privileges will be taken away if I can't even remember to run simple errands or to pick him up.

I cursed and sped all the way back home.

My dad was watching a rerun of a football game when I got home, eating him some lasagna. "I'm sorry for being late Dad, for real. Me and Yasmine argued bad," I sighed. I sat next to him on the couch and he paused the game with our remote, leaning my head against his shoulder. "It's alright sweetheart."

"I'm going to Arizona for sure. Maybe it'd help if I stayed for the rest of the year."

He chuckled in the way that adults do when they know they won't allow something. "I don't know about that, my max is three months. See how you like it with her and your brother once you're there for about a week."

"How was work?" I changed the subject.

"How your school day was," he said.

"Well...then work was a mixture of sucking and confusion then huh?"

"Sumin like that...sumin like that.." he murmured. He clicked off the television.

"I'm tired, go to bed," he patted my head.

He truly did look tired. I sulked back up to my room and closed the door, cuddling into my bed without taking off my clothes and falling into an emotionless, thick sleep.

"Goodnight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote❤️
Comment🥰
If you have a bad night do you still say good night?😴