Chapter 27

Yasmine Wood~

I woke up to someone throwing rocks at my window. I immediately hopped up, only in a shirt that was too short to cover up my lady bits and opened up my window quickly, not bothering to be silent about it. Did they know these weren't damn hurricane windows and that the rock could break through? Baby this not the hood, we don't keep shit in our windows.

A rock hit me on the titty and I screeched like a bat. "Son of a b-

"Sorry mamas. Just wanted to make sure you were on time for school," said a voice below my window. My chest beat faster, somehow wondering if it was Niora although my brain had already pieced together that it wasn't her voice. It was Chastine. "I heard about what happened yesterday and I feel bad about not talking to you lately. I was just so scared cause of everything that happened, you know."

"I'm not dressed yet," I bent down to say.

My ass and coochie was cold as I bent over. If my mom walked in right now she would see some things she hadn't seen since I was a baby. If she had even changed my diapers. "That's okay, I can warm you up," Chastine smirked. It was getting chilly nowadays, it's October. Chastine had her arms in her shirt and no more rocks, and I could kind of see her breaths. Unless she was smoking.

"I'll be down in a few," I told her, ignoring her comment.

As I closed the window I cursed. I hadn't thought of a plan last night, I had fell asleep. Ashelynne was lucky I was going to school today. But tonight I would definitely have a plan. I was angry all over again, and I showered quickly, dressed cute but also ready to fight, and left the house without my biscuit or a goodbye. Everybody was still asleep. I met Chastine by her bicycle and gave her an obviously fake smile. "So how ima get to school? You gon ride extra slow while I walk?" I asked.

Chastine looked at her bike then at me. It didn't seem like she had thought things out. "You can ride it and I walk," she offered. "I can't ride no bicycle. How bout we both walk," I suggested. "Or," Chastine said, "you could ride on the back." That was the part I was hoping to avoid. Chastine lifted me up onto her bicycle. "Wait, why you putting me on first?" I asked. "Or," I was really getting tired of her "or's", "I can let you steer and I just pedal."

All I could think of is what if Niora saw me.

"Chastine, I might run us into traffic," I whined. "Fine, once we get to school we can try it. We're early anyways." I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. Damn, she was right. I was still falling asleep at this time. It's 6:05. "Fine," I sighed. Chastine helped me off and I made sure I had gotten on correctly before holding on tightly to her. "Don't be hopping no curbs or nunin, I'm scared of heights," I said with my face in her shoulder.

Chastine laughed and I could feel the vibration go through her body. It was peaceful as we rode away from my apartments, past the Taco Bell, down the few blocks to my high school. "Alright, once we get to the parking lot, ima get off, put you at the front, get on da back and we gon come all the way back up to Taco Bell and back. Then go inside cause ian use the restroom this morning," Chastine told me.

"You might wanna go do that first cause I guarantee you I can't drive and we will be fighting traffic, quite literally," I told her with a dry laugh. Chastine rolled her eyes, "I've already shitted myself before, I'm not doing that again or nothing else close to it. C'mon, you got this."

"You don't gotta be nice to me cause I got my ass beat," I said as we rolled into the school parking lot. Chastine took one hand off the bar and pulled my leg up closer against her, then put her hand back on the bar. Then jumped the curb. "Chastine!" I shouted, rolling my eyes. We both snickered realizing how loud I had been. Everybody was looking at us now. Probably gossiping about how everyone thought I was with Niora and now that she's gone for a second I'm with Chastine.