Çhapter 010

The young first year slytherins and gryffindors stood in lines outside on a field harry stood at the end with max beside him, and ron beside her. "Good afternoon class" the professor said as she walked down the space between the two lines. "Good afternoon Madam pooch" the children said together. "Welcome to your first flying lesson" the grey haired woman said as she reached the end of the lines, her bright green and yellow eyes glancing over each individual student. "Well what are you waiting for. Everyone step up to the left side of your broomsticks. Come on now. Hurry up" she said as the children stepped forwards "now put your right hand up to the broom and say up" she commanded them as many people said up to their brooms only to be disappointed when they didn't listen. "Up!" The twins yelled in usion as their broomsticks flew into their hands on their command. "Up! Up! Up! Up!" Ron commanded to the broom repeatedly, only for it to come up and smack him in the face. The two twins burst with laughter as ron rubbed his face where the broom hit. "Shut up guys" ron groaned as the broom fell back to the ground as if it was mocking him. "Now. I want you to grab your brooms. And I want you to mount them" the lady said as she walked through the isle that the two groups had created by lining up across from one another. "Grip it right. You don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off the ground. Hard. Keep your brooms steady. Lean forwards slightly. And plant your feet firmly on the ground." She explained to the anxious first years. "On my whistle. 3,2,1" she said. As she blew the whistle neville's feet instantly lifted off of the ground "mr longbottom- mr- mr longbottom-" their professor started as his broom took off "help!" He yelled as his broom lifted upwards "mr longbottom, get down this instant!" She commanded as his broom swerved from side to side as if it was trying to throw him off of it. He hit the side of the castles wall and flew downwards almost hitting the group of kids as he flew back up. As he was about to go over a part of the castle his robe got caught on a statue. He was suspended in air as his broom fell down and landed on the ground. Max gasped as his robe teared and he fell to the ground. A sickening snap filled the air "everyone out of the way" their professor yelled as she rushed twords the injured boy who lay on the ground moaning in pain. "Oh dear it's a broken wrist" she told the injured boy who was trying his hardest to keep from bursting out in tears. "Everyone is to keep their feet planted firmly on the ground while I escort me longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand. If I see a single broomstick in the air. The person riding it will be out of here faster than they can say quittache" their professor explained as draco picked up neville's remember all from the ground. "Did you see his face. Maybe if he would have remembered to give this a squeeze, he would have fallen on his fat ass" draco said as some people chuckled. As if they were both thinking the same thing the twins stepped forward "give it here malfoy" they told him as he sneered in their direction. "No, I think I'll leave it somewhere for him to find it." Draco said as he got onto his broomstick and flew into the air "what's the matter pottahs" draco said as he floated high in the air. The twins mounted their broomsticks before hermione stopped them. "Guys you heard what she said. Besides, you dont even know how to fly" hermione told the two of them. They shared a look before flying off in the air, surprisingly they didn't crash. "Give it here malfoy!" Harry started "or I'll knock you off of your broom!" Max threatened the blonde boy. "Is that so?" He said tossing the glass ball up in the air and catching it. As max went to knock him off draco moved out of the way "have it your way then." He said and threw the ball. Max raced after it and caught it, draco chased after her trying to make her fall "harry!" She shouted "catch!" She yelled and threw the ball as hard as she could. The ball almost hit the window before harry had caught it. The two being caught in the moment didn't see mcgonagalls surprised face on the other side of the glass window, but instead they flew their brooms back down to the ground and got off of them as soon as their feet touched the ground cheers erupted from the young students that surrounded them. Well, everyone but the slytherins, who stood there quietly scowling at all the gryffindors, expecally max and harry. Max let go of the hug she was currently held captive in, which was fortunately for her ron's, she had to admit he gave good hugs. Suddenly professor mcgonagall came outside to the field "harry. Max. Come with me please" she said. I let go of ron and went with my brother. The professor came to a stop outside of a classroom "you wait here" she told us as she went inside. "Excuse me professor quirll, can I borrow wood for a minute please" she asked. The tall stuttering man shook his head yes, and a boy that looked about two or three years older than them came outside with mcgonagall. "Potter's this is oliver wood" she said as the three sent each other awkward smiles. "I have found you a seeker and a chaser" she told the boy.
___________________________

It seemed as news traveled fast around the castle. Almost everyone knew about the twins joining the team. And malfoy, well he wasn't very happy. "Seeker!" Ron said and looked at harry "chaser!" He turned to me "but first years never make it on the house team. You two must me the youngest people to ever make gryffindors quidditch team in centuries!" He exclaimed. "According to mcgonagall" max told him as  two red headed twins came up to them one on Max's side and one on harry's. "Hey congratulations guys, woods just told us" the one on harry's side said. "Fred and george are on the team too. Beaters" ron told the two. "Our job is to make sure you two don't get bloodied up to bad. Can't make any promises though. Rough game quidditch" the twin on Max's side said. "Brutal" the other agreed. "No-ones died in years. But they will vanish occasionally"  "but they'll turn up in a month or two!" They told them as they parted ways. "Oh come on guys quidditch is great, and you'll be great too!" Ron assured them as hermione came bounding up to them. Max sent her a warm smile to which hermione returned. "But we've never even played quidditch!" Harry told them. "What if we make a fool of ourselves?" Max asked as ron's hand rested on her shoulder as a sign of comfort. "You won't make a fool of yourselves. It's in your blood" the girl finally spoke up.
___________________________

The four of them were now in a room light by ceiling candles, and torches. They stopped in front of a plaque that held many names on small individual golden shields. One read 'james potter. Seeker' "that's your mum's" hermione said as she pointed to a small shield in the corner 'lily evans. Chaser' is what it read. A small grin broke out on the children's face as they traced the small sheilds that made them feel somewhat connected to their parents. "You never told me your guy's parents played quidditch too!" Ron exclaimed "we- we didn't know" harry said.