Çhapter 018

"Harry, max!" Hermione called as the others had finally found them. Gee thanks, it took you long enough. "Hello there, I see you've met our young potter. You two alright there?" He asked the two who nodded in response. However max couldn't help but not take her eyes off of ron. "Harry, max. This is where I leave you. Your safe now. Good luck the creature said before it disappeared into the thick trees.
__________ |•°•| __________

"You mean you-know-who is out there in the forest right now?" Hermione asked as max layed across the couch with her feet across tons legs. "But he's weak. He's living off of unicorns. Don't you see. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself. He wants it so that he can give it to voldemort. With the elixer of life, voldemort will be strong again. He'll come back." Harry said as max shivered at the thought. "But if he does come back you don't think he will try to kill you and max do you?" Ron asked fearful of the answered he might receive. "If he had the chance I think he might have tried to kill us tonight." Harry butted in "ugh! Can't we just fake our deaths and move countries" max complained "no!" Hermione scolded. "And to think I've been worried about my potions final" ron said as he looked down "hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who is the one wizard that voldemort is afraid of? Dumbledore! As long as dumbledore is around harry, and max are safe. As long as dumbledore is around the two of you can not be touched." Hermione said hoping to calm her friends fears.
__________ |•°•| __________

"I have always heard that hogwarts, endo of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable" hermione said as the four of them walked around outside as they had just finished an end of the year exam. "Speak for yourself. You guys alright?" Ron said noticing their unusual quietness "my scar. It's burning" they said in usion. "It has happened before" hermione told them "not like this" max explained while wincing. "Maybe you guys should go and see the nurse" ron suggested "no. I think it's a warning, it means danger is coming" harry said as he winced. "Oh! Of course!" Max suddenly exclaimed as they stood about 10 feet in front of hagrids hut. "What is it?" Hermione asked "don't you think that it's a bit odd that what hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon? Then, a stranger turns up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wonder around with dragon eggs in their pockets? How could we not see it before?" Harry said as the four of them practically sprinted over to hagrid. "Hagrid! Who gave you the dragon egg?" Max asked as the four of them stood in front of the man who was sitting on the steps of his hut. "What did he look like?" Harry added "well.. I don't know. I never saw his face, he kept his hood up." Hagrid told the boy "this stranger though, you and him must have talked" max said as she studied the man "well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said after fluffy, a dragon is going to be no problem." Hagrid said as the harry's eyes widened. "Did he seem interested in fluffy?" Harry asked "of course he was interested in fluffy. How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if your in the trade! But I told him, I said, I said the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take fluffy for example, just play him a little bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." Hagrid told them as the four of them gasped and looked at each other before running off "hey! Where are  you going!?" Hagrid yelled after the four children.
___________________________

The four of them dashed into professor mcgonagalls classroom in record time. "We have to see professor dumbledore!" Harry exclaimed as the professor looked up at them. "Immediately!" Ron added "I'm afraid that professor dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the ministry of magic, and left immediately to London" professor mcgonagall told them as she looked at them with a hint of suspicion on her face. "He's gone!? Now! But, this is important! This is about the sorcerer's stone!" Max exclaimed as she slightly paced back and forth. "How do you know-" mcgonagall started but got cut off by harry "someone is trying to steal it!" Harry exclaimed as the older woman looked at the four of them with mixed emotions. "I don't know how you three found out about the stone, but I assure you that it is perfectly well protected. Now, how about you four go back to your dormatries, quietly" she told them. Great just bloody great. She doesn't believe us. The four of them walked out of the classroom And giggles around one another in the hall "that was no stranger hagrid met in the village. It was snape. Which means he knows how to get past fluffy" harry explained as max mentally rolled her eyes. Way to state the obvious harry. "And with dumbledore gone-" hermione started but was cut off by a familiar voice. "Good afternoon." Snape said as he eyed the four of them suspiciously "now what would four young gryffindors, such as yourselves be doing inside, on a day like this." Snape said in his ear wrenching montone voice. "I- well we-" hermione started but got cut off by max "we were just on our way to the library. Lots of studying to do!" Max said as she let out a painfully nervous laugh. "Be careful.. people might think that your up to something" snape said before walking away. "Really max. Studying. Is that the best that you could come up with!?" Ron complained "I didn't see you saying anything ronald!" She scolded as her nose scrunched up. "Now what do we do!?" Hermione whisper shouted "we go down the trap door. Tonight." harry said confidently.