Çhapter 040

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"He seems to be. Why?" Hermione asked as she eyed harry, and max suspiciously, why did they want to know if the man was asleep? Hermione thought to herself as she was genuinely confused by their strange behavior. "Because we've got something to tell you." Max said as harry stood up and gently closed the glass door, to avoid anyone hearing what they were about to tell them.

_________________

"Let me get this straight. Sirius black has escaped from azkaban- to come after the both of you?" Ron asked as his left hand clung to the back of max's shirt. "Yeah" max said as she removed his hand from her shirt and held it in her own, making ron blush a deep red. "but they'll catch him won't they? I mean, everyone is looking for him." Hermione asked cautiously, as if one wrong word would set them off. "Sure. Except, no-ones ever broken out of azkaban before, and he's a murderous raving lunatic." Ron said "thanks ron!" Harry exclaimed sarcasticly. Suddenly the train jerked to a harsh stop "why are we stopping? We can't be there already!" Hermione said as harry opened the door and looked outside to see what was going on. Suddenly, the train jerked back and forth, harry fell into his seat as the glass door slammed shut. "What's going on!?" Ron exclaimed once the train stilled again. "I don't know." Harry said breathlessly "maybe we just broke down" max suggested, although she sounded unsure  "ouch ron! That was my foot!" Max exclaimed as ron pressed himself up against the window "there's something moving out there!" He exclaimed "I think someone's coming aboard!" Ron whispered as the window glassed over with frost. "Bloody hell! What's happening!" Ron yelled as a hooded figure in a cloak approached the door. The door to the compartment slid open, and max felt as if she could no longer breath, as if some invisible force was suffocating her. Max, and harry fell to the floor, Max's lungs were stinging as she gasped desperately for air. Everything around her was blurry, and a sharp painfully scream priced her ears. Who was screaming? And why did it make her angry? The scream max heard was a woman's. The scream was engulfed in fear, enough to make even the strongest person have nightmares. One that would haunt max for the rest of her life. Little did she know that her brother heard it too. The man sitting in the compartment jumped up and pointed his wand at the cloaked...thing. a bright light shot out if his wand. And that was the last thing they seen before everything faded into nothing.

_______________

"Guys! Guys! Are you alright!?" Hermione exclaimed "is there a fire?" Max groaned "no, max there's not a fire." Hermione said confused "then bloody shut up and let me sleep!" Max exclaimed. Hermione sighed loudly and slapped the lazy girl on the arm. Max shot up and rubbed her arm "bloody hell woman!" She shouted, and that's when she noticed the professor. "Here eat this. It will help." He said as he gave them each a square of chocolate. "Wha-what was that thing?" Harry asked as he put on his glasses. "It's a Dementor. One of the guards at azkaban sent them to search the train for sirius black. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to have a word with the driver." He said as he stood outside of the compartment "eat. It will help you feel better" he said before he walked off. "What happened to us?" Harry asked as he and max are the chocolate "well, the two of you sort of went rigid. We thought that maybe you two were having a fit or something." Ron said as held tightly onto Max's hand. "And did... Either of you two, ya know. Pass out?" Max asked "no. I felt weird thought. Like I would never be cheerful again." Ron said as he looked at the floor. Max rubbed her thumb across his hand for reassurance, and that made him smile cheekily at her.  "But someone was screaming." Harry started "a woman" max said as they made eye contact. "No-one was screaming guys." Hermione said

____________________

The rain was beating down harshly on the roof of the carriage that the four were riding in. It's a shame the first years have to travel in a boat, expecally in weather like this. When everyone got inside, the choir sung a song for everyone, it was surprising good. "Welcome! Welcome! To another year of hogwarts! Now, I would like to say a few words before we dig in to our excellent feast. First, I am pleased to welcome, professor R.J lupin, who was kindly selected for the defense against the dark arts teacher." Dumbledore announced as people stood up and clapped hastily for the man. "Of course, that's how he knew to give you two the chocolate." Hermione said. "Potter's! Potter's! Is it true you fainted? Like you actually fainted?" Draco asked amused. "Shove off malfoy." Ron said as he made the two turn around. "How did he find out?" Max asked "just forget about it." Hermione whispered. Max zoned out for the rest of the speech, her mind wondering about the shrill screams she heard earlier. And why they sounded familiar. Max knew she had heard them somewhere, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "What happened?" Max asked when everyone started clapping "hagrid, is the new professor for the care of magical creatures." Harry whispered as she started clapping. "Finally, on a more depriving note, as an order from the magic of ministry, hogwarts will be playing house to the Dementors of azkaban. Untill such a time when sirius black is captured. Dementors will be stationed at every entrance of the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured their presence will not disrupt our day to day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they hunt, and the one that gets in their way, therefore I must warn each and every one of you, give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementore to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if One only remembers to turn on the light." dumbledore said as he relit one of the candles with his hand. Wow, that made me feel much much better about the fact that a bloody Dementore just tried to murder me and my brother on a train!! If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Imagine dying on a train!? A bloody train!? If I would have died, I swear, I would have come back and haunted them.