Çhapter 036

♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣

It was early the next morning when the three decided to visit their friend in the hospital wing. "I wish you were here 'mione. We need you. Now more than ever." Harry said as he stroked his thumb over her hand. "What's that?" Ron asked as harry pulled a crumbled up piece of paper out of her hand. "Ron. Max. This is the reason that hermione was in the library the day that she got attacked. Come on!" He exclaimed as they rushed out of the hospital wing.  
"There are many fierce beasts that roam our land. But none are more dangerous than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits many, who meat this giant serpents eye. Spiders flee before it. Guys, this is it. The monster in the chamber of secrets, it's a basilisk. That's why me and max can he's it sleep. It's a snake!" Harry exclaimed "but if it kills. By looking people in the eye. Then, why is it that no-ones dead?" Ron asked. "Because, no-one did look it in the eye. Not directly at least." Max explained as they looked at their reflections from a glass window. "Colin, saw it from his camera lens." Harry said as the three of them walked through the hallway "justin, he must have saw it through nearly headless nick. Nick got full blast of it, but he's a ghost. He couldn't die again." Max explained. "And hermione, she had the mirror. I bet you anything, that she was using I to look around corners in case it came along." Harry said "and what about Ms norris? I don't think she had a camera or a mirror guys." Ron asked as he stared at his friends. "The water." They said in usion "there was water on the floor that night. She only saw the basilisk's reflection." Harry said as he stared at the note in his hand and walked to where he stood against the wall next to a torch. "The spiders flee before it. It all fits!" Harry exclaimed "but, how has a basilisk been getting around? It's a huge snake, I think someone would have seen it" ron said as he stared at him. "Hermione's answered that too." Harry said as he showed them the page "pipes?" Max asked as she scrunched her nose in confusion "he's using the plumbing?" Asked ron as he looked up at the ceiling "remember what aragog said. About that girl, that died in a bathroom fifty years ago? What if, she never left?" Harry asked as he hinted to them about what he was trying to say. "Moaning myrtle?" Max asked breathlessly. "All students are to return to their house dormatries at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately!" Mcgonnigal said over the intercom.  
__________ |•°•| __________

"As you can see, the heir of slytherin, has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student, has been taken by the monster into the chamber itself." Mcgonagall explained to the teachers as ron, harry, And max hid behind the corner of the wall listening in. "Students must be sent home. I'm afraid that this is the end of hogwarts." Mcgonagall said sadly as lockhart joined the group. "So sorry, I must have dozed off. What have I missed?" Lockhart asked as he smiled cheerfully at them. "A girl has been snatched by the monster lockhart. I guess your moment has come at last." Snape said as he stared daggers at the man "m-my moment?" Lockhart asked as he stumbled apon his words "weren't you saying just last night, that you have known all along where the entrance to the chamber of secrets is?" Snape asked as the other professors turned their attention onto the man as well. "Then it's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster gilderoit. Your skills after all, are legend" mcgonnigal said as she laced her words with a hint of sarcasm. "Very well then. I'll just be in my office getting my- getting ready" lockhart said as he stalked off twords his office. "Who is it that the monster has taken Minerva?" Madame pomfrey asked "ginny weasley." Mcgonagall said as she looked down at her boots. "Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever..." Ron read the words off the wall when the professors walked away. "We'll get her back ron. Dont worry." Max assured him.
__________ |•°•| __________

"Lockhart may be useless! But, he's going to try and get into the chamber, the least we can do is tell him what we know!" Harry exclaimed as they sprinted through his classroom and up the small set of stairs. "Professor! We have some information for you!" Harry exclaimed as the busted through the door to his office. "Are you going somewhere?" Max asked when she noticed he had a trunk packed "I-I well, yes. U. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go." lockhart told them "what about my sister!?" Ron exclaimed as his arms flailed around in the air. "Well um. That is most unfortunate. No-one regrets it more than I." Lockhart said as he scrambled around to pack up his things "your the defense against the dark arts teacher! You can't go now!" Ron exclaimed as his face burnt red from anger "well, I must say. When I got the job there was nothing in the job description about-" he started but got cut off when harry got in front of him. "Your running away!?" Harry exclaimed "after all that stuff you did in your books!?" Max exclaimed as her and ron joined harry and stood in front of him. "Books can be misleading!" The professor exclaimed nervously "you wrote them!?" Harry yelled "my dear boy! Do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well, if people didn't gink that I done all of those things!" Lockhart exclaimed. "Your a fraud! You have just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!" Max and harry exclaimed in usion "is there anything that you can do!?" Ron exclaimed as he narrowed his eyes in disgust at the professor. "Yes. Now that you have mentioned it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise you see, all those other wizards would have gone blabbing and I never would have sold another book." Lockhart said as they glared at him. "In fact. I'm going to have to do the thing to you" he said as he turned around and grabbed his wand. However, when he faced the children, they all three had their wands pointing at him. "Don't even think about it" the three said in usion.
__________ |•°•| __________

"Who's there?" Moaning myrtle said as max, harry, ron, and lockhart entered the bathroom. "oh, hello harry." Myrtle said as she tucked a hair behind her ear. "What do you guys want?" She asked as she stared down at them "to ask you, how you died." Harry said as the ghost drifted twords him. "Oh, it was dreadful. It happened right here, in this very cubical." She said as she floated above the very first stall. "I was hidden because oliver hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in." She told them as her bottom lip stick out in a pout. "Who was it myrtle?" Harry asked "I don't know. I was distraught. But hey said something funny, like a kind of made up language, then I realized it was a boy speaking, so I had locked the door and told him to go away. And then... I died" she explained as her eyes held unushered tears. "And you died just like that" harry said as his eyes narrowed in confusion "how?" He asked "I just remember seeing a great big, pair of yellow eyes. Over there. By that sink." She said as she pointed to one of the sinks and floated away. Max walked over to the sink, and inspected it. The water didn't work, but there was a serpent symbol on the handle. "This is it guys. I think that his is the entrance to the chamber of secrets." Max said as she backed away and stood next to them. "Say something. Guys, say something in parseltounge" ron said (these are the words in parseltounge) "open up!" The two commanded in usion. Suddenly, the sink opened up, and spread apart and an entrance, sort of like a well, was formed. "Excellent you two. Good work. Well, I guess there is no need for me to stay" lockhart said as he tried bolting out the door, only for them to catch him and push him forwards slightly. "You first." Max commanded as they pointed their wands at him. "Now guys, what difference would it make?" Lockhart asked "better you than us" ron said. As the professor was about to back out Ron pushed him forwards and he fell down the hole. Which, in all honesty was pretty funny. "It's really quite filthy down here" lockhart said. Max shrugged and threw herself down the hole. When max landed she realized the floor was full of... Bones? "Fancy meeting you down here." She said as she brushed herself off while the professor grumbled. "Hey guys, it was nice of you to join us" max said as the two boys tumbled out of the whole and held their wands up at lockhart. "Now remember, if you see any sign of movement. Close your eyes." Harry told them "go on" ron said as lockhart scurried through the hole. "What's this?" Ron asked as they came across a wrinkly fabric type thing. "It looks like a snake" lockhart said as harry ran his hand across it "it's a snakes skin." Harry informed as he and max followed it a little bit. "Bloody hell. Whatever shedded this thing must be at least 60 ft long!" Ron exclaimed. "Or more" ron said and lockhart fell to the ground. He's definitely going to feel that in the morning. "It's hard to rely on this one" tone said as lockhart jumped up and took the wand from his hand. "The adventure ends here childern. But don't fret. The world will know our story. How it was too late to save the girl, how you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mingled body. So, you first Mr potter. Ay goodbye to your memories" Lockhart said as he pointed his wand at harry. "Obliviate!" Lockhart yelled, but the spell backfired and hit him instead. When he fell, so did a bunch of rocks. Making a divisor between the twins, and lockhart and ron. Great. Just bloody great.