chapter 3

*ring*

The loud sound of the bell was heard through the school's entire classroom. students cheered since it was already the end of the last period. but 6 students were heading their way towards the school's rooftop.

Miro was already at the rooftop since their classes ended 10 mins before the time. he glanced at his wristwatch and turn his gaze upwards to watch the sun set beautifully. he heard a faint noise at the rooftops rusty stairs and immediately turned to look at who it was.

"Miro? what brings you here?" Elyan questioned Miro. she was with Vauna.

"I'm meeting someone here. how bout you guys?" Miro said as he took off the school uniform's blazer.

"same. but I can feel something's not right here." Elyan said while going towards Miro's direction with puzzled face. Vauna followed her and sat at the old wooden chair near the stairs.

moments later they heard laughs and it seems like they're heading upstairs too. they turned towards the stairs direction and saw two students from section B.

"wow this is the lamest party I've ever been to." Julian said while pulling Aubrey with her. they saw three people sitting at the edge with confused faces. she waved awkwardly and scratched her nape.

"you guys are from section A right? top students?" Aubrey said while walking towards their direction with Julian tailing her.

"ah yes! I'm Vauna this is Elyan and that dude over there is Miro." Vauna said while pointing at Miro.

"so where's the other people? I'm thirsty already." Julian said, scanning the whole place. she can't believe she just discovered the rooftop now.

"so you were the one who wrote the notes?" Elyan said while getting the piece of paper. Julian stopped in her tracks. she furrowed her eyebrows and turned to Elyan to snatch her paper. she scanned it carefully and it was the same shit as hers and Aubrey's.

"wait. you guys have that note too?" Miro quickly inserted his hand on his right pocket and got the piece of paper.

ok what the hell is going on...

Aubrey quickly snatched the pink sticky notes and ran to the damaged wooden table at their side. they gathered around the table and looked at the notes with completely confused faces. they stared at the notes until Vauna's face lit up. seems like she had something in her mind. she then arranged the papers while the other just looked at her confusingly.

"guys look. do you think this makes sense?" Vauna said while pointing at the small letters.

"f i n d m"

"find m?" they all said in unison. they looked at each other completely thrilled by what's happening until Aubrey laughed.

"I'm sorry but who will we be looking for? Mermaid man?" she laughed out loud alone. Julian elbowed her that caused her to zip her mouth. Elyan groaned due to frustration. everyone was confused and was trying to figure out what's happening until a scenario popped up at Julian's head.

"n, d, and e?"

"find m...e?" Julian quickly jolted up and snapped her fingers. she needs to find the girl that she bumped into earlier.

"guys! i gotta go! I think I know what that means. just... let's just meet here again t-tomorrow!" that was her last sentence before she sprinted out of the school's rooftop.

everyone was wierded out by Julian's actions but shrugged it off later on. even Aubrey was confused by the latter's actions.

"don't worry about her. she just wants to take a weewee i guess?" Aubrey laughed awkwardly and the group burst into light laughter. the sky was getting pretty dark so they decided to call it quits and meet again at this place tomorrow as to what Julian said.

Julian was still sprinting in the school's hallways. for some reasons her guts tell her that the one she was looking for was in the parking lot.

she has to be in the fucking parking lot!

she reached the school's parking lot and scanned the whole area. she checked the cars one by one, panting. she reached the edge of the parking lot that had motorcycles and bikes. finally, the person she was looking for was there, putting her helmet on. she smiled at how the girl struggled to put on her helmet. thank god she trusted her guts.

"hey!" Julian said while still panting heavily. she took off her blazer while walking close to the latter who was now looking at her while still holding her helmet's lock.

"hey me?" Lyssa said while looking side to side to check if there are still other people around them. to her dismay, there was no one.

"yeah, hey you." Julian said while laughing at the girl's confused face.

Lyssa raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. she recognized the girl's face.

this girl was the one who bumped into me earlier!

"what do you need? you already said your apologies." Lyssa said to Julian who was getting closer and closer to her.

Julian got closer and reached for the helmet's lock that was below Lyssa's chin.

"meet me at the rooftop tomorrow after classes." Julian locked eyes with Lyssa and clicked the helmet's lock closed. she quickly left after patting the girl's helmet roughly.

Lyssa was left there, irritated.

she's getting on my nerves already. ugh!