chapter 6

*sound of keyboard typing...*

Sunday, Fatima was busy researching about Yuree's background and stuffs but still, she had no proper evidences. she went through Yuree's abandoned instagram account and scanned the pictures, looking at it briefly one by one. until one picture caught her attention. it was a picture of a perfectly shot view of the ocean. it was posted the day before she went to the principal's house. the picture had a caption of.

when will this suffering end?

she quickly took a screenshot and sent it to their groupchat. thankfully, everyone was online and saw the pic.

Julian: suffering????

Lyssa: what if, she was scolded by the principal because of her issues?

Elyan: but... why in his house??

Vauna replied to Elyan: makes sense.

Miro: but what if, they are relatives? ugh! I don't know anymore. my head is aching because of this.

Fatima: let's figure things out tomorrow at school. for now, let's take a rest.

Lyssa: alright I'll go take a nap now, byeee.

Julian replied to Lyssa: wanna go take a nap with me?;)

Elyan is typing....

Lyssa replied to Julian: I'd rather die.

Vauna: gtg bye<3

Elyan: see you guys tmrw.

Fatima chuckled while turning her phone off. she stretched and yawned. she closed her laptop after making sure she saved every file that was needed. she wanted to help them.

but most importantly, she wanted to help her.

Monday, weekends went by pretty fast and here they are now. the section A students were studying silently in their room because the teacher had something to do at the library.

"why do you need help for your research, is it really that important?" Jannah asked Fatima, whispering. Fatima nodded while her eyes were still scanning her notebook. Jannah shrugged it off thinking it was just a research about their subject.

on the other side of the room, Miro was gripping his pen tightly. he can't focus on studying. perhaps, something was bothering him. Wayne elbowed Jay and pointed at Miro who was still staring at space.

"dude, you've been spacing out for like an hour now. are you alright?" Wayne questioned worriedly. Miro nodded robotically and sighed. Jay looked at Wayne and mouthed not to bother Miro and give him space. Miro quickly grabbed his phone and excused his self. he went out of the classroom and texted someone.

-rooftop. now.

Lyssa noticed and decided to follow the latter. she saw Miro going to the direction on the way to the school's rooftop. she followed him silently until Miro noticed. he turned around and gestured Lyssa to follow him. when they reached the rooftop she saw Julian sitting at the wooden table sipping her juice.

"I-i need to tell you guys s-something." Miro said while avoiding Julian and Lyssa's gaze. the two girls looked at each other and then back at Miro. Lyssa then gestured Miro to continue.

"I talked to one of Yuree's closest friends earlier... she said that Yuree didn't want to drop out but... she had to. and then she said... she has no rights to tell me the reason. it's very private according to her. but, she gave me this key..." Miro then showed them the single silver key. Lyssa and Julian stayed silent.

"the key looks familiar..." Julian whispered to herself.

"the problem is... she didn't told me what door this belongs to." Miro said then sighed loudly. Lyssa groaned and face palmed.

"this is stressing me out. what if, what if we can't help her?" Lyssa said clearly worried about the situation. Miro patted her back and rubbed it soothingly.

"don't be pressured about it. we have plenty of time." Miro comfortingly said to Lyssa. Julian stayed silent and fiddled with her fingers while looking down.

"I don't want to get involved in this anymore..." Julian confessed, slowly turning her gaze back up at them. they stared at each other for awhile and then Lyssa scoffed.

"funny how eager you were in solving this case at first. you even involved me in this shit, and now you're being a coward?" Lyssa said furiously that made Miro hold her wrist because she was about to go towards Julian's direction. Lyssa yanked her wrist out of Miro's hold and turned around to go towards the stairs.

"you know what? quit if you want to." Lyssa said before disappearing from their sight. Julian sighed and laid down at the wooden table purposely slamming the back of her head. Miro went closer to her and tapped her shoulder.

"I know you're struggling on figuring things out. I mean... we all are. but let's not forget that someone needs our help. you'll be fine... we'll be fine." Miro said while patting Julian's head. he went down the stairs leaving Julian who was still laying down at the old wooden table with her eyes closed. she was afraid to put herself in danger.

damn it

"you didn't have to snap on her." Elyan said after Lyssa ranted about what happened in the rooftop. Vauna nodded along with Fatima and Jannah.

"Elyan's right. maybe she was just afraid of what will happen in the future. like us..." Vauna spoke up. Lyssa sighed and suddenly felt guilt creeping up in her body. Fatima patted her back and said comforting words.

"let's not talk about this anymore. I'm positive Julian will be with us in this journey." Fatima smiled sincerely then went back to writing her notes. they went back to their perspective seats and continued doing their work. but deep inside, they knew they were risking their selves to what situation they were involved in at the moment. but they had to.

you know what people always say right?

take the risk or lose the chance.

and they were given the chance to help someone. that's why they took the risk.