chapter 11

Miro was sweating bullets early in the morning. he chased the ball and kicked it like his life depended on it. he then laid down on the grassy soccerfield with his eyes closed. he heard footsteps shuffling going near him. Wayne looked at him wierdly while panting. Wayne tapped Jay's chest and pointed at the latter who was laying down the ground.

"does he think he's a Vogue model or something?" Jay said and the both of them decided to shrug it off. Miro finally opened his eyes and was immediately greeted by the rays of sunlight making him squint his eyes. he sat up and saw Monique sitting at one of the benches at the side of the soccerfield, listening to some music on her earphones. his heart suddenly started beating rapidly that he clutched his chest. he ignored it and decided to approach the latter. he went closer to her and sat down beside her, sweat running down his forehead.

"goodmorning. you're sweating." Monique said and scrunched her nose clearly teasing the boy beside him. Miro laughed and turned his gaze towards the soccerfield in front of them. he froze when he felt a hand dabbing a handkerchief lightly at his forehead. he turned his gaze to Monique who was still wiping the sweat on his forehead gently. he smiled like an idiot while looking at Monique who was raising her eyebrows and had a bright smile on her face. little did they know, someone was watching them.

Elyan was watching them near at the soccerfield's entrance, she looked at them with disgust printed all over her face. she rolled her eyes and gagged when she saw the big smile on Miro's lips. for god's sake she didn't wanted to witness that. it's not like she was completely disgusted, she was just simply bitter.

"that's disgustingly cute." she said to herself and was startled when someone came beside her and spoke. she turned to her right side and saw the least person she wanted to see today.

"well, do you want to recreate that?" Wayne said with a smirk on his face. Elyan pushed his face and rolled her eyes at him. she looked at him glaring, and went pass by him making sure to bump his shoulder. Wayne touched his shoulder with a derpy smile on his face while looking at the girl who was slowly disappearing from his sight. when he couldn't see the latter anymore, he then jogged back at the soccerfield with a smile plastered on his face.

Lyssa was on her way to the cafeteria, she was suddenly craving for chocolate milk. she said her order to the lady at the counter and slipped her hand inside her skirt's pocket. that's when she realized, she left her fucking wallet. she panicked when she saw the counter lady bringing a bottle of chocolate milk already. at that moment, she just wanted the ground to swallow her whole body. the counter lady gave her the bottle of milk and said the price, she was about to decline it until...

"I'll pay for it, here you go miss." a small girl that seemed to be around her grade offered the counter lady her money with a smile on her face. she took the chocolate milk and handed it to Lyssa. Lyssa was dumbfounded, staring at the girl who smiled at her along with her cute dimple.

"t-thank y-you so much." Lyssa said and took the chocolate milk from the girl's hands. the girl went pass by her and she immediately turned around.

"w-wait!" Lyssa gathered up all her strength and walked to the girl who was now facing her once again. she went closer to her and offered her phone. the girl looked at her with a confused face.

"can i have your number? d-don't worry I'm not h-hitting on you, it's just that... I- i would love to pay you back for saving me from embarrassment." Lyssa said while smiling awkwardly. the girl looked at her briefly and laughed. she took Lyssa's phone typing in her number, she shoved it back to Lyssa and walked away. Lyssa stared at the latter's back and looked at her phone. she smiled at the new contact number placed on her phone.

-Lexi loure:)

The sun was setting beautifully along with the clouds moving dreamily in the sky. it was already the end of classes and they were once again reunited at the school's rooftop. they gathered around the table with their backpacks sitting on the ground.

"so, any plans on how are we going to report him?" Julian questioned after taking off her blazer. everyone looked at her and pondered for any possible answer inside their head. Vauna whispered something to Jannah that made her face lit up.

"wait Lyssa, your dad is a lawyer right?" Jannah questioned her excitedly. Lyssa looked at the group and nodded.

"but I don't want him to know what mess we're up to." Lyssa hesitatingly said and everyone nodded, agreeing with her statement.

"we can't report him to the police yet, we don't have enough evidences to make that pig rot in jail." Fatima said and looked at the folder that was placed on the middle of the table. they sighed when they realized what Fatima said.

"how about... we follow him just for one night?" Miro said, voice full of hesitation. Aubrey looked at him and thought of something for awhile. she then shared her thought to the group.

"that could work, maybe he does something that's against the community orrrr, maybe Yuree's not the only one he... you know. or maybe we'll find some small evidences! you know like how small evidences can make a big change." Aubrey said that made the group sighed. they were on another mission again but this time, they weren't sure about how could they possibly make this shit happen. right at that moment, everyone wanted to be selfish.

for once, they thought about their safety. for once, they wanted a peaceful highschool life.

why are we the chosen ones?