chapter 8

*clock ticking*

6:25 pm

Every second the clock moves, they were getting more anxious. everyone gathered up at the gym's changing room when their classes ended. their heartbeats were faster than how the cheetah runs. they were still hesitating about the plan but it's now or never. Elyan grabbed something from her bag and threw the black masks to Julian and Miro, she also gave them black gloves.

6:55 pm. five more minutes...

Fatima and Jannah were now wearing their gloves for safety, the reason? they dont want to get caught just because of their fingerprints. Aubrey was now practicing her lines and everyone was looking at her wierdly. she turned around and stopped to look at everyone who was judging her silently.

"what?" Aubrey said to everyone who was laughing at her and immediately avoided her gaze. Julian chuckled while wearing her mask on. Vauna was shaking uncontrollably and Elyan noticed it. she pats Vauna's back and nodded at her with sincere eyes.

7:00pm!

the lights suddenly went out and that was their cue. everyone was inhaling and exhaling, calming their selves down. they circled up and put their hands in the middle of their circle.

"we can do this! c'mon guys, think positive!" Lyssa whisper yelled to everyone who was in the circle. each one of them nodded with sweats building up their foreheads. they cheered and threw their hands in the air together as if they were joining an audition.

"we'll go to the cctv area now, I checked the area awhile ago and no one was monitoring so Jannah and I are definitely safe. goodluck guys and please, stay safe. I'll send a message on the gc when the systems are off." Fatima said before grabbing Jannah with her and exited the changing room confidently. the ones that were left there were anxiously waiting for the message in the changing room with a flashlight as their only source of light, tapping their feet to the ground and steadying their breathing.

Fatima and Jannah sneaked inside the monitoring office and made sure to lock the door and close the windows. they hurriedly sat down infront of the big computer and looked for all the possible cameras in the private floor. Jannah shut down the system while Fatima disabled all the cameras. when they were sure that they did their mission successfuly, they looked at each other and went for a fist bump.

they waited for about 30 minutes before their phones beeped alarming them that Fatima already sent a message on their gc. they opened their phone on sync.

- private floor's cctv and all access are now shut down. goodluck guys!

realization finally hits them when they read the message. they're not just sneaking inside someone's office but they were risking their lives too. they went out of the changing room together, walking towards the elevator cautiously. Aubrey breathed heavily and stepped inside the elevator.

"wish me luck." Aubrey whispered to them before the elevator door shuts going up to the private floor. Miro and Julian were getting ready, they were carrying a heavy block of brick. the silver key was on Lyssa's pocket.

the elevator's door opened and Aubrey stepped out. she was immediately greeted by a tall muscular man in his uniform. Aubrey purposely walked at the other direction that caught the guard's attention.

"hey kid!" the guard yelled with his manly voice making Aubrey flinch. she closed her eyes and clenched her fist reminding herself to keep calm.

alright, acting mode on.

Aubrey turned around with her fake worried face. she went closer to the guard and fiddled with her fingers purposely. the guard suspiciously raised his eyebrows at the latter who was looking down.

"I'm a new student here, can you please lead me to the exit? this school is gigantic and i-i got lost." Aubrey said with a pleading voice. deep inside her, she was cringing because of her acting but whatever. the guards facial expression softened but it remained poker. he cleared his throat and looked at both of his sides to see if anyone was there. after he made sure the private floor was empty he pats Aubrey's head.

"follow me kid, the exit is actually at the ground floor. I don't know how you got in here." The guard chuckled. he was actually nice, so he was easy to fool. Aubrey hid her smirk and quickly sent a message to the gc when she was tailing behind the guard towards the stairs.

-feel free to use the elevator. we took the stairs;)

The group quickly went inside the elevator and pressed the number that the private floor was located in. they waited for seconds until the elevator dinged. Miro and Julian were the ones who went out first while Lyssa, Vauna, and Elyan were tailing behind them looking alertly side to side.

"alright we'll go now, you guys stay here until I send a message to the gc okay?" Julian said and the three quickly nodded. she pulled Miro with her and they hid behind the wall peeking at the two gaurds who were having a conversation. they were about to sneak in when Miro's phone fell down causing a loud thud. The guards quickly snapped their heads to the latters direction and quickly approached their direction to check.

"you stupid fuck!" Julian whispered yelled and quickly dragged Miro with her into the Janitor's closet that was close to them. she was holding Miro's mouth making sure the guards won't hear them. the guards footsteps were getting closer and closer making Julian and Miro freeze. Julian shut her eyes tightly when the guards knocked on the janitor's door.

"anyone in there?" a loud manly voice said that made them widened their eyes and looked at each other. Julian accidentally made a small squeaky noise. Miro quickly smacked her head while gesturing her not to make sounds until they were sure no one was outside. sweats were evident on their foreheads.

the knocking stopped after a minute and Miro breathed out heavily, heart still beating fast because of nervousness. perhaps, they thought that it was all clear and they were safe.

until, the door suddenly swung open making them both flinch....