chapter 17

The audible murmurs and laughter from the people was loud and clear in the cafeteria. Vauna and Monique were sitting at one of the vacant tables. Vauna decided to meet up with her to ask her questions, considering she was the only close friend to Yuree.

"Yuree used to work in a restaurant near the school right?" Vauna questioned, tapping her feet anxiously on the ground. it's a habit. Monique puts down her arm at the table and nodded. "yes, she mentioned that she needed money for her mother's meds." Vauna nodded slowly while her mouth were slightly parted. "do you know someone who works with her that's still in the resto?" Vauna questioned once again, leaning back at her chair. Monique pondered for awhile and thought for an answer. her face lit up and she jumped a bit from her seat. "ah I remember someone!" Monique said cheerfully. Vauna gestured her to continue so she did. "lexi, I'm sure she still works there, she and Yuree were friends back then, when Yuree was still there..." Monique said with a hint of sadness evident on her voice. I'm sure she misses her presence.

before Vauna could even ask more questions, Monique's phone buzzed signalling her someone sent a message. she looked at the screen and her eyes widened. "shoot! I'm late for art class!" Monique quickly stood up and looked at Vauna who was chuckling at her. Vauna nodded understandingly and gestured her to go, Monique immediately rushed outside of the cafeteria. Vauna sighed and looked at her wristwatch, she still had 30mins before their class. she wondered where the others were so she grabbed her phone from her pocket and sent a message to the groupchat.

Vauna: where are you guys?

Julian: practicing. can someone bring me water?:(

Lyssa: drink from the faucet:)

Elyan: I'm at the classroom already

Miro: correction Elyan, WE are in the classroom.

Elyan: whatever Miro. So, how did the talk with Monique go?

Vauna replied to Elyan: I'm omw to the classroom, let's talk when I arrive there.

she turned off her phone and stood up. her head was down, dusting the invincible dust off her skirt. before she could even leave the spot, her head bumped into a soft chest. she looked at the person and was ready to apologize, but when she met someone's gaze her face automatically twitched. "get out of my way Louis." Vauna said while taking a step to the side, which Louis did too with a smirk on his godly face. "why should I?" Louis questioned daringly while inching his face closer to Vauna. Vauna was fazed by his beautiful features up close, but she shrugged it off quickly and pushed him. "for the nth time Louis, I'm not going to accept the deal!" Vauna said while rolling her eyes, she was about to walk away again when the latter grabbed her wrist softly and looked at her with pleading eyes. "please, I promise. I promise I won't bother you anymore if she comes back to me. please..." Louis said and was about to kneel infront of Vauna. Vauna noticed how sincere his voice sounded and how he looked so vulnerable, so she quickly stopped him from kneeling. "ugh fine! I'll be with you! but only for a month. nothing more nothing less!" Vauna said and noticed how Louis face lit up brightly. "thankyou! thankyou so much!" Louis said with excitement laced on his voice, he quickly wrapped his arms around the girl tightly while swinging her side to side due to happiness. Vauna was startled at the bold move and remained stiff, she didn't knew what to do for god's sake.

Louis noticed his actions and quickly let go of her while smiling awkwardly and scratched his nape. "s-sorry about -t-that, I'm just really happy." Vauna cleared her throat and nodded understandingly. she didn't respond to Louis and quickly made her way out of the cafeteria with a flushed face. her heart was beating so fast that she thought it was going to burst soon. heck, she didn't know why she was acting this way.

c'mon Vauna! get a grip!

They gathered up at the school's garden that has a small chilling spot as soon as the bell rang. they had something to talk about. again.

"wha?! why me?" Julian questioned irritatingly while massaging her neck, her body was aching from the previous practice they had. "why are you acting like you're going to die any time? are you on your period?" Elyan said while rolling her eyes and crossed her arms. "besides, Lyssa's going with you." she continued, Lyssa quickly stopped drinking. "what? why me? why us?" Lyssa questioned while glaring at Elyan. "because, you two were the one who brought up this idea in the first place." Elyan said calmly not minding the complaints. "can't you just do it yourself? I swear my body is not cooperating with me." Julian pleaded, Lyssa pondered for awhile and sighed. "no. you were the one who suggested this, so you come with me." she stated. Julian groaned and slumped on her chair, both of her palm on her face. "fine! let's go to that damn restaurant!"

Fatima laughed and went closer to Julian who was beside her. "here, that'll lessen the pain." she said and handed a pack of Salonpas to the latter. Julian hesitatingly took it and thanked her. "aren't you gonna use this? I saw you practicing earlier too." she asked worriedly. "nah, I have an extra, don't worry." Fatima lied. she didn't have an extra pack and her legs were aching so bad. Jannah noticed it and cleared her throat. "my arms are aching too. ouch huhu." she said while fake crying, she quickly earned a slap on her arms. "I hope that will heal your arms." Miro said and laughed. the group laughed along with him too, enjoying what was happening at the moment. "anyways, you already know the name you're going to look for right?" Elyan questioned Julian who was busy putting the strips on her body. "yeah, don't worry." Elyan nodded and turned her gaze to Lyssa. "don't worry, you know who this someone is." Elyan said with a smirk on her face. Lyssa was confused, she raised her eyebrow and looked at her questionably. why would she know this person? before she could even ask, Julian stood up aggressively with her shoulder bag. "we'll get going now." Julian said while smiling slightly and walked away, Lyssa quickly stood up and quickly catched up with the latter.

they walked towards the restaurant side by side, Lyssa remembered her conversation with Elyan earlier and didn't waste any time. "who are we going to look for?" Lyssa questioned while putting her right hand on her skirt's pocket. "lexa? oh wait no, I think it was lexi?" as soon as she heard that certain name her heart beat started to go abnormal. she stopped walking and Julian looked at her wierdly. "why? do you know her?" Julian questioned with furrowed eyebrows, she looked at Lyssa who was tensed. Lyssa waved her hands while shaking her head side to side. "n-no. I m-mean yes b-but, ugh I don't know how to explain." Lyssa said frustratingly and continued walking. Julian catched up with a confused face. "is she a bad person?" Julian questioned and Lyssa quickly shakes her head side by side. "no she's my... she's my text mate." Lyssa said shyly, almost whispering the last part. Julian nodded understandingly, trying her best not to tease the latter. "ohhhhhhh okayyyyy." Julian said while pressing her lips together to avoid laughing. It was her first time to witness Lyssa being shy so she savored the moment. they were finally infront of the restaurant, they went inside and was immediately greeted by the familiar smell of different kinds of foods. they didn't waste any time and immediately went to the counter to look for Lexi. they hope Lexi can answer their questions.

they hoped they were getting closer and closer to the end, to find justice. they hope this book will close with a beautiful chapter, a happy ending to be exact.