chapter 10

Elyan was the one who took the folder home. the swivel chair inside her room squeaked when she sat on it. she carefully opened the folder and immediately saw a picture, Yuree's picture. it was a 6x6 picture printed out on an oslo paper along with her informations. seems like she was a good student and she had no medical records at Berriens too. she flipped onto the other page and it showed the day she dropped out of school.

january 14 2013.

Elyan wondered why out of all student's record this one was the only one that was hidden until, she flipped at the other page, the last page. it was empty but it had a letter inside the paper inside the envelope was pink. the same color to the sticky notes that they recieved. she carefully opened the piece of paper that was folded neatly and was shocked at what she read.

sir, I'm writing this letter to tell you I've had enough of how you treat me. I thought you made love with me because you truly love me. but turns out, you're happily living with your wife and two kids. I realized that you don't deserve me nor my body. I defended your name when they knew about the issue but you? you ignored me like you didn't used my body for a month. you ruined me, you really did.

Elyan covered her mouth with her left hand while she was reading the paper. shock was evident on her face. it all made sense now, why she asked for justice. why she said that she didn't wanted to drop out but she had to. but there was one question creeping up her head every second.

who gave them the note?

she immediately messaged the gc to meet her at the nearest starbucks. she quickly changed into her jeans and oversized grey vintage tshirt along with some white sneakers. she tied her hair up in a bun hurriedly causing it to look messy.

-nearest starbucks now. I'll be rooting for you guys. please, this is very important.

Julian: what? it's 1 am already! I was almost at dreamland!

Vauna: your kidding right?

Miro replied to Elyan: okay, I'll go change now.

Jannah: 👍🏻

Fatima replied to Elyan: sure.

Lyssa: omw.

Aubrey: yeyyyyyyy

Julian: fine.

Vauna: fine. (2)

she closed her phone, grabbed her bag along with the folder and her car keys. she sneakily went out of her room and went downstairs towards their garage, she went inside her car and tossed the bag and folder in the front seat. she didn't hesitate and drove to the location of the place that they were going to meet.

Lyssa arrived at the cafe first, wearing casual clothes. she sat at the corner near the glass wall so that they can immediately spot her. she was scrolling through her phone while waiting for the others. she heard the door's wind chime alerting everyone in the cafe that a new costumer went in.

she saw Julian who was wearing an oversized white hoodie and grey sweatpants. her hands were inserted inside the hoodie's pocket. she waved and stifled a yawn as she spotted Lyssa. she went to her and comfortably took a seat beside her. Julian was obviously still so sleepy. Lyssa chuckled at the latter who keeps on closing and then opening back her eyes forcely, obviously fighting with her sleepiness. Lyssa went back to scrolling on her phone when suddenly, Julian grabbed her arm and placed her head on the latter's shoulder.

"wake me up when all of them are here already." Julian said before drifting into dreamland on the girl's shoulder. Lyssa whispered okay and let the girl be, she didn't have a choice anyway. Elyan went inside the cafe and immediately spotted the two girls. she took a seat infront of Lyssa and chuckled when she saw Julian who was sleeping soundly. she put the folder down gently on the table and waited for the others to arrive.

Fatima, Jannah, Vauna, Aubrey and Miro were at the cafe already. before they will discuss things, they decided to order drinks to keep them awake. Miro volunteered to order and Jannah went with him to hell him out. Vauna giggled at Julian who was sleeping soundly at Lyssa's shoulder. she took her phone and secretly took a picture.

"you guys look good together." Vauna said teasingly that made Lyssa rolled her eyes. the group that was left on the table stifled a laugh.

"hell no." Lyssa said and peeped at the latter who was still sleeping peacefully at her shoulder. she decided to wake Julian up, she slapped her cheeks and Julian immediately woke up and caressed her cheeks. she looked at Vauna and Fatima who were laughing at her and she immediately sat down properly, yawning.

they were all settled down at their spot and they were ready to what important news Elyan was going to spill. they were sipping their drink when Elyan grabbed the letter that was inside the folder. she placed it at the middle of the table and looked at everyone.

"Read it." Elyan said while sipping on her iced coffee. Fatima immediately grabbed and opened the letter. after what seemed like seconds, shock were plastered on their faces when they finished reading what the paper contained. Fatima folded the paper neatly and slipped it back to the envelope.

"I knew it! I knew she had an intimate relationship with the principal. I should've trusted my guts." Miro said a little bit louder than his usual tone that made everyone turned to him. Aubrey glared at him telling him to keep his tone down a bit and he immediately covered his mouth.

"what are we going to do now? report him?" Jannah questioned the group who was still looking at the envelope at the table. they still couldn't believe how nasty their principal was and the fact that he used a minor's body just disgusted them.

"you know it's not that easy. he has a great reputation and a huge amount of money. for sure, he can turn down the case easily." Elyan stated while sighing. everyone sat back comfortably at their chairs while deel in thoughts. they were confused on what to do about the situation. they thought that the mission was done but they realized that they were still far from the finish line.

it was just the beginning.