chapter 18

The two sat down at one of the wooden chairs inside the restaurants, patiently waiting for Lexi to join them. they can see people chattering and enjoying the calm atmosphere inside the restaurant. Lyssa somehow couldn't stay still, she keeps checking herself every minute in her phone's reflection.

Julian looked at her and raised her eyebrow while smirking, she knew why the latter was acting this way. "come closer for awhile, you have something on your face." Julian said while putting her elbows at the table infront of them, gesturing Lyssa to come close. Lyssa was confused at first but later on, she inched her face closer to the latter that was sitting across the table. when Lyssa was close enough to Julian, Julian held her face and...... flicked her forehead. "ouch! what is wrong with you?!" Lyssa hissed, she rubbed her poor forehead and glared at Julian who was laughing while shaking her head side to side. "stop checking yourself every second you look like a fool." Julian said while rolling her eyes, she sat back down comfortably at the chair not minding the sharp glare across her.

moments later, Lexi joined them at the table. she was quite shocked when she saw Lyssa but she shrugged it off and sat down beside her, leaving Julian sitting alone across them. Julian didn't mind, she was always a third wheel. they settled down with an awkward atmosphere. Julian noticed it and cleared her throat. "Lexi right? I'm Julian. seems like you and Lyssa know each other already." Julian said while raising her right hand, offering a handshake which Lexi gladly took. "ah yes, we're uhm textmates." she replied shyly to which Julian chuckled. "anyways, I'll be frank with you, we're here to talk about Yuree." Julian said calmly and Lexi's ears perked up at the mention of the name, it's been awhile since she had heard that name. the mood suddenly became serious, the talk began and they were ready to know things that they had no idea of.

Meanwhile at the school, Elyan and Fatima were on the library, reviewing for the upcoming test. the rest decided to go home already and just study at their perspective homes, but the two girls at the library finds studying at home quite... boring. Elyan was busy memorizing formulas when her phone suddenly buzzed. she groaned and slammed her book at the table, enough for Fatima to flinch in her seat. she huffed and checked the message.

from: Jevo

look at your left side;)

she immediately turned to her left side with furrowed brows and a slight frown. she saw Jevo waving at her while bringing two medium iced coffee in his hands. her face turned into a confused expression.

for the love of god, what is he doing here.

Jevo is one of Elyan's admirers, he's been courting her since they were freshmen. Elyan has feelings for him too but, she isn't ready for commitment. she tries her best to push him away but he always find a reason to come back.

Jevo approached their table and sat down across the two girls. he took a sip at the iced coffee that was half way finished and slid the other one to Elyan. Elyan looked at the ice cold drink and then back to Jevo. "I noticed you look kinda stressed out so I bought you iced coffee." he said while smiling and then gestured her to drink. "what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be leading the dancetroupe?" Elyan said while taking a sip at her iced coffee. she felt the cold drink run in her throat and her whole body immediately relaxed. "you know what they say, priorities first." Jevo said while looking around the library not noticing the blushing mess infront of him. Fatima then cleared her throat to which Jevo immediately stood up from his seat. "well then, I will not stay any longer, I have things to do. enjoy your coffee señora." he winked at Elyan and jogged his way to the library's entrance, leaving Elyan dumbfounded.

Fatima smirked and clapped her hands slowly at the scene that happened earlier. she looked at the girl beside her that was grinning ear to ear. "oh to have a Jevo Tanners." Fatima said dreamily, teasing the girl beside her. Elyan slapped her shoulder and rolled her eyes, her smile not dissapearing from her face. "shut up." was all that she can say. she's too fed up at the moment. Fatima scoffed and went back to reading her notes. "when are you going to officially go out with him? he's been like that for years already, don't you think he deserves a... chance?" Elyan put down the iced coffee and sighed, she pondered for awhile. "i dont know... I- I'm not ready y-yet." Fatima sighed and flipped one page on her notebook. she expected Elyan's answer already, so she shrugged it off and decided not to pry further. she knew her limits. they went silent and decided to busy their selves again. for sure, Elyan will talk about this again when she's ready.

Vauna was in her room, sitting infront of her table. she was focused, typing on her laptop for her essay and checking it from time to time. her phone suddenly buzzed causing her to stop on her tracks and turned her gaze at the phone, deciding whether to check the message or not. after awhile of thingking she decided that she should take a break so she did. she stretched her arms and groaned, she picked up the phone and checked the message, it was from their groupchat. she quickly tapped the notification and it immediately led her to the groupchat.

Julian: we learned alot of new information about Yuree.

Jannah: can it somehow be connected to the principal?

Lyssa: yes.

Miro: really????

Julian: yeah, let's talk about this tomorrow, at school since it's alot of tea to spill.

Elyan: thank godddd

another notification popped up, she quickly exited the groupchat and checked the message, it was from none other than Louis. she rolled her eyes and groaned at the sight of his name. she tapped on his message and read it.

Louis: you busy?:>

You: yes, why?

Louis: just checking, don't forget to rest and drink lots of water my girl;)

seen...

Vauna smiled at the message, she put her phone down, deciding not to reply at the message. she caught a glimpse of herself at her tiny mirror and her smile immediately dropped. she touched her lips and closed her eyes, squinting them tightly.

why am I smiling?

she slapped herself and grabbed a handful of her hair. "no. no. no. what is happening to me?" she closed her eyes again and shrieked loudly, she looks like an insane person at the moment. she knew that she can't be feeling this way. no. never. did she even make the right choice? that was what's circling on her mind.