chapter 14

*please proceed to ward 14*

The busy shuffling of nurses and doctors on the hospital were the only noises along with the announcer. the group who were slightly injured was sitting on the cold metal bench outside of the ICU. their wounds were already medicated and they immediately decided to wait outside the ICU. their shirts still had blood stains, bandages were plastered on their body. everyone was silent and staring into spaces. they still couldn't process what happened. the scene kept replaying in their minds and it was torturous. after waiting for a solid 2 hours, a doctor suddenly went outside the ICU, taking off his mask. he immediately checked his file and turned his gaze to the group. everyone stood up with hopeful faces.

"I'm assuming you young people are here for mr. Lyron and ms. Bruweilur?" the doctor said while smiling sincerely at the group who immediately nodded their heads. whatever the news is, they hope it wouldn't be worser than worse.

"the two of them are resting now. Mr. Lyron has a serious head injury, it might cause him to forget a few things and details about you guys so you better make sure to introduce yourselves again just incase. while, Ms. Bruweilur, broken left arm and suffered a bit from blood loss but don't worry, she's fine now. I assume one of you already donated their blood." the doctor laughed causing the atmosphere to lighten. the group sighed in relief and thanked the doctor sincerely.

he then bid his goodbyes and walked away after bowing at the group. they weren't allowed to visit the two for now, so they decided to go home and make sure to come back tomorrow since it was going to be a Saturday. everyone went home with worried hearts.

Julian was walking at the exit with Lyssa. the others were fetched already by their butlers but Julian decided she needed some fresh air after what had happened. the both of them were walking at the side of one of the empty but beautifully lit up streets silently, invaded by the thousands of thoughts inside their head. no one dared to break the silence but it had to be broken.

"are you alright?" Julian asked Lyssa who was staring at the ground with her hands on her jacket's pocket. Lyssa sighed and thought of her answer. was she really alright?

"yeah, well no but yeah." Lyssa rambled clearly struggling to express her thoughts. Julian laughed at the latter and decided not to interfere with her busy mind so she stayed silent again until they reached Lyssa's bus stop. Julian gestured her to go in already and Lyssa immediately went inside the bus and sat down at one of the seats close to the bus's window. she looked at Julian who was looking at her in the bus stop's waiting station while putting her earphones in. Julian waved at her and nodded before turning around and going to the opposite direction. she sighed and rested her back at the seat while closing her eyes tightly.

what a night.

The next day, everyone was outside of the hospital already, ready to visit the two who were stranded in there. they planned on who they're going to visit first and after a few bickering and fighting they decided to visit Miro first. they clicked the elevator floor Miro was located in and immediately looked for his private room once they got out of the elevator. they turned right and saw Miro's room, they knocked on it and it was surprisingly silent. seems like Miro's parents left for work already. they went inside and Elyan immediately put the basket of fruits in the table beside his bed. Miro was awake now looking healthy, but when he saw the group his face twitched and his head tilted.

"may I know who you guys are?" Miro innocently asked and everyone stopped in their tracks. they were shocked and remembered what the doctor told them.

he might forget a few details about you guys...

but then every thought in their heads suddenly disappeared like a bubble when Miro laughed while looking at the group who was completely confused now. he wiped the tears in his eyes and clutched his stomach.

"I'm just kidding! ofcourse I know you guys! you should have seen your faces." Miro said after laughing like a fool. Fatima immediately rushed to him and pinched his ears because of what he did.

"hey! do you think it's funny to joke in such a serious situation?!" Elyan irritatingly said while smacking Miro's left arm. the group bursted into laughter and stopped soon after. Miro scanned the whole group but noticed that they weren't complete. he peeked on the doorway but their where no signs of Jannah in there.

"where's Jannah?" Miro said and the group immediately went silent. they looked at each other and were battling at who will tell him. Miro was getting confused at them already. what's so hard about his question?

"she's at the upper floor, she had a serious injury too since you guys were in the front seats." Vauna said and the smile on Miro's lips immediately dissapeared. he panicked and was about to stand up when Lyssa stopped him and pointed at his dextrose.

"this is all my fault. I'm deeply sorry..." Miro said while messing his hair harshly. everyone immediately denied what he said and calmed him down.

"it's no one's fault Miro. the important thing is everyone is still alive and rocking." Aubrey said while patting his back, calming him down a bit. he faced everyone and nodded.

"how's.... Jannah?" he questioned worriedly while looking down at his dextrose, avoiding everyone's eyes. he wanted to rip that shit off his hand and go to Jannah to check on her. but as much as he wanted to, he wants to heal quickly too.

"well, we still haven't visited her yet. but don't worry, we'll inform you how she's doing." Fatima said and nodded at him. he felt relieved knowing he has his friends by his side and still accepted him after all that had happened. after an hour of talks and chitchats the group decided to visit Jannah already so they went out of Miro's room with his permission and rushed to the elevator. they clicked the number just above Miro's and the door immediately shut. they waited for a few seconds until it dinged and open the door widely again. they went out and immediately spotted Jannah's room who was just near the elevator. they did the same as Miro's and knocked on the door lightly before opening it, revealing a still peacefully sleeping Jannah. they went inside silently and placed the same basket of fruits to what they gave to Miro.

everyone was silently making their way to circle Jannah's hospital bed. they looked at the wires and dextrose that was attached on Jannah.

"looks like she's still taking a rest." Julian said while sighing deeply. the group stared at the sleeping latter and scanned her room. Julian suddenly noticed the pink sticky note on Jannah's lamp table and immediately ran to it to take a look at what was written in it. she rushed to the group and opened the sticky note who was folded just once.

-I'll be watching you guys from now on, don't lose hope and get the justice she deserves!

15673

"what's with this number again!?" Lyssa mumbled and covered her face with her palms due to stress. Elyan took a pic of the sticky note and turned off her phone after. they have another case to solve again, another door to open. can they still do it after what happened?

goosebumps ran throughout their whole body and they immediately checked the whole room to see if anyone was there but to their dismay, there were no traces of a single soul in this room other than them. they were alerted and lots of things were running inside their head. who could possibly give them the note and how did he/she went inside Jannah's room? this person must be stalking them since he/she knew what happened. Julian crumpled the note and threw it at the nearest trashbin. they looked at each other and knew they were stuck in this already. they couldn't get out of this situation but they have to and they will.

who could you possibly be???