chapter 7

They gathered up in the rooftop once again but this time, without Julian. the air was silent and they were thinking about where could possibly the key be inserted at. Jannah scanned the silver key, her eyes squinting. it seemed like it was old since it had rusts on the tip. Elyan walked closer to the old wooden table and sat down, sighing.

"everything is messed up." Vauna said while squinting her eyes due to the sunlight. Aubrey looked at them one by one. she noticed that everyone was in their own world. suddenly, she remembered her conversation with Julian earlier at their practice.

"I swear i saw that key somewhere!" Julian said anxiously while massaging her head. Aubrey gave her some time to remember where she saw the silver rusty key and thankfully, Julian's face lit up.

"ah right! the principal's secretary! ms. jorsell! the key was very similar to hers!" Julian said with a wide smile on her face but Aubrey looked at her with a confused face.

"the only key that she brings is the principa-" Aubrey widened her eyes in realization. she's slowly connecting the dots. thanks to Julian who wasn't here.

"Fatima, I need you to hack the principal's email and get a copy of his schedule. I think I know where that key belongs to." Aubrey said while speedily getting her laptop that was inside her backpack. she quickly opened it and handed it to Fatima while nodding for reassurance. everyone's eyes was focused on the laptop until they heard footsteps going up the stairs. they all turned towards the stair's direction, their heart beating fast. afraid of getting caught by the guards.

"sorry I'm late?" Julian said while scratching her nape. everyone was looking at her silently, hiding the smiles on their faces until, Elyan ran towards her direction and crushed her into a big hug. followed by everyone well, except for someone.

"I'm sorry." Julian said with her voice muffled because she was in the middle of the group hug. Miro raised his arms and stretched a bit to pat her head.

"it's alright. no one will be left behind right?" Elyan said that made everyone burst out in laughter and let go of the group hug. Julian fixed her blazer until her eyes landed on Lyssa who was staring at her. Julian smiled and opened her arms requesting Lyssa for a hug. Lyssa went closer to the latter but her arms where still crossed.

"forgive me?" Julian said with her arms still widely open. Lyssa smiled fakely and went closer to Julian who was closing her eyes waiting for the hug. but insted, she got a strong flick on the forehead. the group bursts into laughter while looking at Julian who was now rubbing her forehead.

"that's for being a coward." Lyssa said while smiling at the latter who was scrunching her nose. everyone went back to business and waited for Fatima to finish. minutes later Fatima stopped typing.

"here it is. seems like he won't be going to school tomorrow." Fatima said and looked at everyone. Aubrey smirked to what Fatima said.

perfect

"okay listen up everyone, this may sound a bit crazy but-." Aubrey said while looking at everyone who's attention was on her.

"please don't tell me we're going to sneak in inside the principal's office." Julian said with her palm covering her face clearly against Aubrey's idea.

"bingo! c'mon, we have to find Yuree's files in this school." Aubrey said while begging them to agree with her plan. each one of them was still hesitant.

"2013 was a long time ago. are you sure her files are still at the principal's office?" Jannah questioned her to which everyone nodded to.

"I was once in the principal's office. he has a very thick folder of student's files each school year. trust me with this." Aubrey pleaded at everyone who was looking at each other. they finally nodded hesitantly. they were afraid ofcourse, but Aubrey told them to trust her.

"I'm in." Lyssa said with surenesss laced on her voice followed by everyone one by one. Aubrey clapped her hands and raised her fists up in victory. they proceeded on planning how to get pass the guards at the private floor tomorrow.

"how many guards are in the private floor?" Vauna questioned Aubrey who was now standing up watching the beautiful view. everyone followed Aubrey and listened attentively.

"three. one at the side of the elevator, and two infront of the principal's office." Aubrey said surely and each one of them nodded. Elyan had a plan popped up on her mind and discussed it to the group quickly. the group were all ears and was ready to listen to the plan.

"Fatima and Jannah, i need you to hack all the cctv that are located on the private floor and ofcourse, inside the principal's office. please make sure to turn them off. Aubrey, i need you to distract the guard at the side of the elevator. tell him you are a new student here at Berriens, and you were lost. tell him you can't find your way back at the school's exit. for sure he will lead you to the exit. Miro and Julianne. okay, this might sound crazy and I'm sure we will surely get in trouble if they see you guys. that's why, you both have to wear masks. I need you guys to smack their nape as hard as you can using a heavy object. that's the only thing I could think of that will make them unconscious. while me, Vauna, and Lyssa. we're going to find that damn file." Elyan said while looking at each one of them. everyone nodded and noted down the things that Elyan said and the things that they needed. they weren't sure if this plan will work but they were determined, and that's what matters the most.

sometimes you just have to believe in yourself...