3.First Official Day

The second day of school had started as you walk Aiya to her class. The halls were crowded as you bumped shoulders with almost everyone.

"Ugh can these people get out my damn way." Aiya groaned shoving a guy who just winked at her.

"Ew." I groaned and turned around as we arrived at the entrance of Aiya's class.

"I miss you in my class." She pouted and I mocked her expression making her slap my arm.

"Ow." We both laughed. "I do too. I actually made a new friend. Her names Yua and she invited me to lunch today. Wanna join?"

"Totally! I'm down for some new girl friends. All I have in here is Tendō and some kid named  Hayato Yamagata." She pointed to the two kids as Tendō had his pencils in his mouth imitating a walrus. We both laughed at his joke as he slapped his hands together.

"That's a seal dingus!" I jokingly shouted at him as his jaw dropped making the pencils drop too. We all laughed as he got up coming towards us.

"Hey Yamagata." I waved at him as he smiled walking with Tendō towards us.

"You know him?" Aiya asked

"Yea he's on the volleyball team." I asked and she gasped.

"You decided and didn't even tell me? What a friend you are." She smiled as she hit my arm again. I swear a bruise is going to appear there.

"Y/n~" Tendō sang. "Aiya." He deadpanned as his weird eyes made shivers go down my spine before i giggled.

"He doesn't like me because I stole his Manga yesterday." Aiya whispered to me as she waved Shōnen Jump in front of Tendō's eyes making him run after her as you could hear laughs going down the halls.

"They're friendly." Hayato said turning my attention to him.

"A little too friendly." I said and we laughed. "So Hayato how long have you been playing volleyball?" I asked.

"Since I was 11." He said and I looked at him surprised.

"Wow and you're already a starter." I said and looked back down the hallway to see Tendō, Aiya and Ushijima.

"How'd you know that?" He asked looking at where I was.

"I know things about everyone. I am the manager after all." We both laughed that's when I noticed Hayato's real height. He was around the same height as me.

"Say Hayato, how tall are you?" I asked as I compared our heights tracing the top of my head to his as I put my hand on his head making him blush.

"5'8. One of the tallest Liberos in high school volleyball." He smiled making my heart stop. His smile was very cute.

"He should've come to Shiratorizawa." I heard Ushijima's voice come closer as I looked towards them again. I gave Ushijima a curious look before Aiya wrapped her arms around me.

"Tendō monster almost killed me y/n~. You should kick him." Aiya pouted in my ear. I wrapped my arms around Aiya placing a protective hand on her hand.

"What did you do Satori?" I gave him a glare as he gulped running into the class.

"Nothing!" He yelped. And we all laughed at him. Well, except for Ushijima as he started to walk off.

"I'll see you later guys." I smiled before catching up to Ushijima walking beside him. My stick legs couldn't compare to his as I almost had to jog walking next to him.

"Morning Ushijima~." I sang as his expression was as stoic as ever.

"Good morning L/n."

"You know you can call me y/n." I said in a happy expression as I nudged his arm making him look at me for a second before straight again.

"You're our manager. I'm just being respectful."

"Hmm, okay whatever floats your boat." I skipped.

"I don't have a boat."

"It's just a saying, Ushijima." I laughed again at his face.

~~

Lunch rolled around as I waited with Yua and her friends for Aiya. Soon her small figure started skipping towards us from the opposite end of the hall. I smiled before telling Yua that's her, I noticed a glint in her eyes before she smiled welcoming her with open arms.

"Hey Aiya! I'm Yua." The two girls connected right away as the hugged each other.

"This is Yui my sister, and Kiyaki-." Yua introduced her twin sister who had the same short blond hair and slim figure. And Kiyaki who had long black hair with a fringe.

"I'm Nia." The small girl with glasses raised her hand as Aiya stared at it before shaking it giving a bright smile.

"No need to be so formal Nia." Kiyaki rolled her eyes before walking to the exit.

"Don't be a meanie Kiyaki." Nia said and giggled punching the taller girls bicep lightly. Kiyaki just rolled her eyes again and turned away.

"Why don't we go to that new cafe down the street!" Yua exclaimed catching all of our attention. We all nodded with excitement making our way to the gates.

"Y/n. Where do you think you're going?" You heard your uncle say form behind. You groaned inwardly bowing your head in annoyance.

"I'm sorry guys. I forgot I have practice during lunch today." You pouted, your bottom lip sticking out as all the girls pouted too.

"C'mon Y/n. We don't have all day." Coach said and you nodded your head making your way to the gym doors with a quick goodbye to your friends.

"Coming uncle. Can I grab a quick drink though?" I asked and he nodded heading inside the gym while I went to the vending machine nearby.

I put in the change needed out of my little pocket change and pressed the button. A3. The machine sounded and I stuck my hand in grabbing the neatly packaged strawberry milk. I smiled in content and stuck the straw in the small hole skipping back to the gym.

"Nice kill!"

I made my way to the bench grabbing out my notebook form my bag and sat down starting to write out schedule for the day. Everybody was doing well as I put my notebook down holding my strawberry milk with both hands as I walked around the gym.

"Y/n! Watch out!" I heard someone yell before a ball came flying my way hitting my hands.

"Aw. My strawberry milk." I whined looking down to the poor box on the floor. I looked up to the team who all looked red and flustered as they stared at me, or well, my chest. I looked down noticing that my black lace bra was showing through the white button down uniform. I screeched crossing my arms over my chest to try and cover my embarrassment and my dignity.

"Y/n. Why don't you go home and change." Coach said looking at the players with angry eyes. I gulped and nodded my head running over to my bag and quickly shoving everything back into it.

"Here." A rough voice said behind me, startling me. I looked behind, my face met with the soft fabric of a Shiratorizawa Volleyball jacket. I looked at the big hand holding as I followed the arm to Ushijima's flushed face. He was looking out the window trying not to look at me, and I blushed softly taking the fabric from him.

"Thank you Ushijima". I said and swiftly put it on and zipping up the front. The sleeves were so big as half my arms fit through it, and the sweater reached just above the end of my skirt.

"Looks a little big." I said and held out my arms making him look at me. His eyes widened for a quick second before he cleared his throat and flushed.

"Little bit. Have a safe walk home." He curtly nodded and walked back to the court. I smiled to myself, my face heating up and walked to the gym doors. Waving a quick goodbye to the team.

He gave me his flipping jacket.