16.A Little Accident

Hey honey, Hina and I be coming in for the weekend! Hope you're excited! Love,mom.

I read the message over and over again as I sat on my bed. It was currently Wednesday, and this weekend was the official game against Aoba Johsai. I dreaded having to miss their games if Hina and mom came in, they don't even know that I'm their manager, especially that I'm dating one of the players. I groaned and buried my head into the pillow before getting up for the day.

"Morning Y/n!" Nia said as we walked with the group.

"Morning!" I smiled closing my eyes. I didn't realize where I was walking before walking straight into a pole. I fell back onto Kiyaki as I held my head my vision going blurry.

"I feel dizzy." I groaned clenching my eyes closed as Kiyaki put me up against a wall. A crowd had formed around me as I felt blood rushing to my cheeks at the attention. A bump was starting to form on my head as I whined and groaned in pain. I didn't think I hit the pole that hard.

"Y/n? You okay?" Yua and Yui stood in front of me while Aiya went running off somewhere. I tried nodding my head, but I just felt my brain jiggle bringing tears to my eyes.

"She hit the pole head on. She might have a concussion." Nia said crouching beside Kiyaki.

"I feel like someone hit me with a bat. Am I that clumsy?" I buried my face in my hand trying to stop the pounding in my head.

"Y/n! Please move." I heard Ushi's voice as he crouched in front of me. I looked up at him through my hair giving him a smile. Aiya stood behind him giving me a smile. I guess she got him for me.

"Ushiwaka?" Nia said confused. I could tell most of the other students were as well, especially my friends.

I didn't have time to explain as Ushi put an arm behind my back and the other under my knees carrying me bridal style. My face blushed profusely as he carried me without a problem. I wrapped an arm behind his neck while the other was on my head.

I hope I wasn't too heavy for him.

"I'll take her to the nurses office." He informed Aiya as the stares were getting to be too much. It wasn't even that big of a problem.

We arrived at the main office as the receptionist shot up out of her seat at the sight of us. She pointed to the nurses office as Ushi gave a quick thanks.

"Oh dear! Lay her down here." The quaint nurse pointed to the small white bed. Ushi laid me down brushing the hair out of my face. I tried opening my eyes, but the bright white light became too much as I put an arm over my eyes.

"Let me have a look dear. She'll be fine, have a seat." Ushi nodded sitting down instead of hovering over me protectively. "Alright. Let's have a look." The nurse moved my hand as she winced at the sight.

"Is it that bad?" I groaned out.

"Well, it's worse then I thought. But nothing ice can't fix. I'll be right back." She smiled brightly and closed the door behind her.

"Welp. I'm a goner." I heard Ushi chuckle at my comment as I fixed my eyes on him. We locked eyes for a minute as I puckered my lips asking for a kiss. He obliged leaning over giving me a much longer kiss then intended.

"Thank you Ushi." I smiled and he gave a little one as the door opened again.

"Here you are dear. Now be a bit more careful." She handed me the ice pack with a lollipop as I widened my eyes in excitement.

"Thank you. I will." I smiled sitting up from my position. I felt less dizzy as I leaned on Ushi for support and headed for the door.

"Y/n!" I heard Nia yell as she ran up to me with the group in tow. I knew I had to tell them now, or else they would probably kill me.

"Hey guys. I'm much better now, so no need to worry." I laughed keeping the ice against my head. 

"Well that's good. We were really worried about you." Kiyaki said rubbing my arm and I smiled at her.

"Anyways. We really need to know." Nia said and my heart pounded. "Are you two dating or something?" She asked pointing to Ushi and I. I stiffened looking up at Ushi who just looked down at me, he shrugged his shoulders. I took a deep breath in.

"Yes, we've been dating for a couple weeks now." I smiled feeling guilty as all their jaws dropped, well except for Aiya who just stood in the back with Yua.

"WHA-"

"But." I held my hand up to stop them from making a scene. "I had been wanting to tell you guys for a while. But I guess we just didn't want to be public yet?" I said laughing as Ushi smiled slightly down at me. I felt giddy that I finally told other people and I'm glad it was my friends.

"Aww, you guys are too cute." Yui and Yua said at the same time making us all laugh, well except for Ushi. I ran my hand down his arm intertwining our hands, I knew he was going to be in my life for a while.

"I approve. My baby is all grown up." Nia said with tears in her eyes as she hugged us. I could feel Ushi stiffen, but I just laughed wrapping my free hand around her.

"I'm not going to lie, but I've known for a while now." Aiya said raising up her hand.

~~

"Well that was fun." I laughed up at Ushi as we walked back to my apartment.

"Agreed. I guess we have to tell the whole school now-" I stuck my lollipop from the nurse in his mouth stopping him.

"They can find out on their own." I smiled up at him taking the lollipop back into my mouth. He looked at me with wide eyes as he stopped in his tracks.

"What?" I asked sucking on the cherry flavors.

"Uh, I-I uh. No-nothing. He stuttered with a little red on the tips of his ears.

"No need to be embarrassed. I have had your di-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as Ushi took the lollipop out of my mouth and pressed his lips against mine making me smile.

"You shouldn't finish that sentence." He said as I laughed hooking my arm back around his as we made our way to my apartment.