11. Training Camp

1 month later and we were officially at the doors of Nekoma High. Training camp was the best part of the year where everyone would he able to see their friends and make new ones.

"Shiratorizawa! Welcome to Tokyo!" Kuroo shouted walking up to the team. By his side was Kenma playing on his DS. I laughed at his antics as the team said they're hellos. Ushijima stood beside me looking around the venue before meeting my eyes.

"Y/n! You're not gonna give me a hug?" Kuroo got your attention holding out his arms. You groaned pulling him in.

"What about me?" You heard your little pudding head friend pout playfully. You smiled before giving him an even bigger hug.

"I missed you so much Kenken." You patted his head as he blushed slightly.

"Me too."

The team watched your exchange as a new feeling sparked up in Ushijima. Jealousy? He didn't realize you and Kuroo were so close, besides you never really told him anything.

"I'll show you your rooms and then introduce you to everyone." The team followed Kuroo down a hall as they reached a pretty big room, but you gulped thinking you would have to share a room with all of them. "Y/n, you'll be with the rest of the managers in a separate room."

"Oh thank god." You smiled and followed him out waving to the team. Ushijima noticed your closeness with Kuroo as your shoulders rubbed together. He couldn't take his eyes off you guys until you turned a corner. He angrily put his stuff away before sitting on his bed.

"You good Ushiwaka?" Tendō asked the giant as he stood over him.

"Yes." He said getting up and leaving the room. Tendō stood there stunned at his tone of voice, but brushed it off not wanting to irritate him more.

"Here you go." Kuroo smiled opening the door to a room of girls.

"Thanks Kuroo." You walked into the room greeting everyone.

"Hi everyone. I'm Y/n L/n, but you can call me Y/n." You bowed your head a little as the girls greeted introducing themselves back. Soon enough you guys were all talking like best friends.

"Wanna help me make lunch?" Kiyoko asked and you nodded following after the beautiful girl. You felt a little insecure brushing the hair out of your face as you reached the kitchen.

"We'll make some fruit platters and snacks?" She asked you guys got to work. Soon the other managers helped out as you all sang along to the music playing out of the speakers.

"I'm in love." The whole training camp stopped as they watched you guys laughing and singing. They were all caught in a trance before a loud buzzer was heard indicating it was lunch time.

Ushijima couldn't stop staring at your smile as he stood at the door watching your figure sway to the music. He shook his head before you caught him and joined the team in the cafeteria.

"Thank you for the food!" They all yelled before munching onto the snacks. You sat with the managers as your eyes kept glancing at your boyfriend. He was listening to his friends as he sipped on his juice. You smiled as he rubbed his nose.

"Why are you staring at Ushiwaka?" Kaori, the manager of Fukurodani, asked catching your attention.

"I wasn't!" You yelled catching some of the teams attention before stuffing your face with crackers. The girls laughed at you as your face flushed. Ushijima smiled a little at your puffed cheeks thinking you looked like a cute little chipmunk.

"What are you staring at Ushijima?"

~~

A practice game was about to start as I filled up the water bottles at the other end of the court.

"Ushijima!" I heard the voice of a girl. Turning around I noticed Kiyoko standing in front of Ushijima. They were talking and I couldn't pry my eyes off of them.

I wasn't upset, but I was in a way.. I noticed the way they're talking flowed so well. They looked good together, and I couldn't stop the jealousy from crawling up my spine. It was overwhelming as he gave her a small bow and she smiled. She was gorgeous.

"Y/n-chan!" Someone yelled catching my attention. It was a large bean pole, one I could never forget.

"Tsukishi-" I tried calling back before the water spilt over getting on my jacket . "Aw shit."

"Here let me help." He said holding his towel in his hands before rubbing on my stomach. My cheeks heated up at his touch embarrassed.

"Hey!" A rough yell was heard as we both turned our heads towards the source. Ushijima came walking towards us looking even more angrier as I shrunk at his appearance. "Get your hands off of her."

Tsukishima obeyed pulling his hands up in defence. I looked at him before looking back to Ushijima who kept glaring at the boy.

"Ushijima, it's okay." I tried calming him down before his glare turned to me. I shrunk even further as his eyes burned into me.

"No it's not. He didn't even ask before putting his hands on you." He said grabbing the attention of some of the teams. I noticed Yamaguchi come up behind Tsukishima widening his eyes at the scene.

"Ushijima, please let's go talk." I grabbed ahold of his hand as his eyes softened looking down at our hands. I nodded my head at Tsukishima as he bowed apologizing, before walking away. Ushijima nodded his head grabbing the towel rather aggressively from Tsukishima's hands, and following behind me as our hands stayed together.

"I'm sorry. That was rather odd of me?" He asked unsure of himself as he grabbed the hem of my shirt playing with it.

"It's okay. I get it. He's a friend of mine." I smiled up at him as he nodded his head in understanding. He looked up to me for reassurance and I nodded letting him wipe away at the water on my jacket.

"Y/n." He said and I hummed responding.

"We're a couple right?" He asked stopping what he was doing.

"Yes?" I said smiling a bit.

"Then why aren't we acting like it? We have barely been together this whole camp, and it feels like before we were together all over again. Me just staring at you and thinking about you all the time." His lips went out slightly almost in a pout. My heart warmed at his confession.

"Hey, if you want me around so much. All you need to do is ask." I reassured him tilting his chin up to me. He smiled a little stopping my heart as he nodded. I went on my tippy toes placing a kiss on his forehead. He looked surprised before grabbing my bicep pulling me into him as his other arm cupped my jaw tilting my head up to him. He placed such a passionate kiss on my lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck deepening it. I felt his hands wrap around my hips slowly as I felt a fire ignite in me.

I pulled away before it could get any worse as we both stood panting not noticing we had to breath. I chuckled grabbing his hand as we went back onto the court.

"Good luck out there Ushi." I said and he kissed my hand before warming up.