4. A Duo of a Kind

I woke up in a puddle of my own sweat as the memories of the nightmare faded before my eyes. Was it a vampire or a zombie? I threw the blanket off of my legs as my feet stepped down onto the cold floor. I stretched out my muscles as I opened my blinds watching as the sunrise shone through the houses and electrical lines. Before I went to the bathroom a maroon and white jacket caught my eye.

Ushijima's jacket hung loosely on my chair as I swept my fingers across the soft fabric. I shook my head of him as I made my way to the bathroom. I splashed my face with cold water waking myself up. Flushing the toilet I made my way to the kitchen starting my morning coffee as the sound of the espresso machine rung throughout my apartment. My mom and little sister were back in Tokyo for my sisters ballet as I made the abrupt decision to move all the way to Miyagi. Shiratorizawa accepted me through an academic scholarship, I could remember the excitement on my moms face as I opened the letter. My little sister, Hina locked herself in her room the day of my leaving and I never got to say goodbye.

I brushed through my (h/c) hair and put on mascara and lip gloss as I threw on my uniform. Aiya had texted me she'd meet me at the entrance as I chugged down my coffee. Locking the door on my way out I gave a quick kiss to the picture of my family.

"Hey gorgeous!" Aiya called out to me. I ran up to her giving her a quick hug as she noticed my tear stained cheeks.

"Missing them again?" She asked quietly and I nodded against her shoulder. She gave the side of my head a quick kiss. "We'll head out for lunch today okay?" She asked and I nodded again as she squeezed my hand before letting go as we headed in.

"Morning y/n!" Tendo sang. "Aiya." He smirked at her and I noticed the slight blush on her cheeks.

"Morning Tendo." I smiled at giving him a quick hug.

"Woah! What's this for y/n, not that I'm complaining." He said wrapping his lanky arms around my shoudlers. 'Tch' I let go.

"She's missing them again so expect a bunch." Aiya said and Tendo nodded in understanding since this has happened before.

"Good morning." I recognized the deep voice behind me as I turned around looking up to his face.

"Morning Miracle boy." Tendo sang again and I laughed at his nickname for Ushijima.

"Morning Ushijima." I said and held out his jacket. "Thank you again. I made sure to clean it for you."

"You're welcome. Thank you as well." He nodded his head and walked off to first class.

"See y'all later!" I called as I caught up to Ushijima. We stayed silent as we walked next each other and I noticed her slowed down his pace as I walked comfortably.

~~

"No practice!" I called to my friends as I wrapped my arms around Yua and Kiyaki as Yui, Nia and Aiya laughed next to us.

"Where we headed?" Yua asked.

"How about that cute bakery near the convenience store?" I asked and we all nodded getting into Kiyaki's car.

"This is delicious!" Nia said stuffing her 5th chocolate eclair in her mouth.

"We know!" We all said in unison laughing at her as she just rolled her eyes grabbing another one. I just stuck with my strawberry addiction eating a strawberry shortcake. I smiled in delight as I ordered another one for after school.

The bell rang as another customer came in. There were two boys, a very tall one with blond hair and glasses, and a shorter one with brown hair with a fly away piece on top. They were both quite cute as I eavesdropped on their conversation.