9

It had been nearly a week since that night with Fred in her dorm room. She barely even remembered it, and couldn't remember it until she had a small glass of wine after her lunch in the dorms, when all the memories of the sunset, the drinks, the bottle, the camera, and Fred, came tumbling back into her mind, making her nearly choke on the liquid in her mouth.

Fred had put her to bed that day, taking the rest of the bottle with him. Maybe he was trying to get her to stop, if he even thought that way in the first place. Well, taking half a bottle of wine from Cherry wasn't going to stop her from being a borderline alcoholic. She didn't think it was that bad; yet, at least.

I mean, even Fleur didn't know. Well, maybe she would've, if she had talked to her girlfriend just a bit more, checked up on how she was doing. Cherry didn't want to worry or upset her. The two had only called about once the entire week, which was far less than what Cherry had been hoping for, but she had to cling on to what little her girlfriend had to give her, now that she was countries away.

They had texted a few times too, once every couple days, but it just wasn't the same, and neither was calling. Both missed each other, both wanted Cherry to go back. Or used to, at least. Now, who knew? Maybe the both of them were losing their grasp on the little they had for each other.

Cherry had made a few friends. Fleur was still busy with Beauxbatons, and everything that was going on in the school, it was all insane. Cherry was just starting to get settled in, just starting to feel slightly more comfortable in her empty dorm room, and the weird stairs at the school in the great hall, the paintings and the ghosts that seemed to love taunting each other. It was as if they no longer needed each other. But yet they still hung on to what felt familiar, even if they knew in the back of their head they wouldn't work out, still clasping their fingers tight until one of them would start to loosen their grip.

Cherry hung out with the twins a lot, after school especially. They made her laugh, they made her feel comfortable, they even showed her around the school and showed them some of the secret routes out of the school, anytime they ever needed something off the grounds. Hogwarts was starting to grow on her, and she started feeling at home almost. But she reckoned there was just something about Fred that just made him stood out a tiny bit more, a sort of comfort that Cherry never had, not that she noticed this of course. She was still tricking herself into believing that Fleur was the one for her.

She'd also made friends with Luna, someone she had met in the hall one day when she was running late to charms, and even though the blonde haired girl was two years younger than her, not to mention she was in a completely different house than her, Cherry couldn't help but notice the way her eyes could light up a room whenever she walked in.

Some of the Gryffindors and other students told Cherry that Luna was crazy, not right in the head, but that only made her want to be friends with her more. After all, she really did need friends, both of them. They sometimes talked, and made small talk whenever they bumped into each other in the halls. Cherry just hoped that these friendships she'd made would last.

~~

Monday morning, she had gotten out of bed after Fred and George were both pounding on her door, telling her that they were going to be late if she didn't "get her arse up and eat this really good roll over here we got from breakfast", laughing as they went back down into the common room.

Fred and George had sort of made Cherry their new partner in crime, the girl best friend, side kick, whatever the bloody hell you wanted to call it. She didn't mind obviously, especially if a certain red head was involved... she shook the thought of it out of her head, laughing at how silly she was being.