25

You never really get how pretty a ball is until you go to one. It was like living her dark academia dreams.

Cherry and Fred were the first to enter the great hall, which they had barely even recognized as the great hall anymore. The chairs and benches and lunch tables had all been removed, cleared out for a dance floor. The ceiling was covered with Christmas decorations and artificial snowflakes, the walls covered in even more decorations.

The stands and the tables at the side holding food and treats and punch, which had probably been spiked already by Lee.

Mesmerized by the scene, Cherry slowly walked in, admiring the festivities, all the students in ball gowns and suits and dress robes on the floor, talking and dancing and having fun, some of the teacher's sitting out on the sides watching from a distance, the ghosts of their pasts lingering in their eyes. And speaking of ghosts, the ones that resided inside Hogwarts were also floating about, enjoying themselves.

Fred was next to her, arm in arm, not in a formal way but in way that they could hold each other's comfort, trust, compassion, something Cherry had never really gotten from Fleur. But she wasn't thinking about her. No, while she was on that dance floor with Fred, slow dancing to a song playing through the big microphone speaker thing, she wasn't thinking about much at all besides him, and her, and how they managed to connect with each other.

Suddenly, interrupting the two's love bit, George and Lee came out of no where. "Fred! Remember what we were going to do? It's time!" George said excitedly, Lee bouncing up and down by his side.

"Wait- what?" Cherry asked, confused.

"You wanna join us?" Fred asked, smirking.

"Yes but-"

"Well come on then!" The two twins tugged on Cherry's arms, pulling her to the front of the hall near the main speaker, where Filch was distracted by dancing with his cat.

"Wait, Fred, what is that in your hand-" Cherry came to a realization when she saw Fred with his phone in his hand, the music app pulled up. "Oh my god! Yes!!!!" she nearly squealed, and helped Fred plug it in with a wire thing.

"You ready?" George said, his finger hovering over the play button. "This might be a bit loud."

Jumping up and down, which was slightly hard to do in her heels, she squealed, "Yes!!!"

George tapped on the play button, and the medieval tavern like music suddenly stopped, and the students and staff looked around, confused.

From across the hall, Fred could see Professor McGonagall giving them a very warning like dangerous look, but it was too late.

The WAP had started playing through every speaker throughout the great hall. Some of the students just stood there, their faces red, but some started laughing.

"Get a bucket and a mop, that's a WAP..."

Fred, George, Cherry, and Lee ran up to the front and started horribly dancing to the WAP, the dance that Cherry had taught them their first time up on the astronomy tower at night.

"What is this vile muggle music! Turn it off!" Filch yelled, raising his fist in the air. "Oh, I'm sorry you have to hear this Ms. Norris," he turned to his creepy red eyes cat, petting her head and she meowed in discomfort.

"AYYYY LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" They heard a shout come from the middle of the room, and everyone was surprised to find Draco Malfoy come up to the front of the room and started dancing with the four, even though he did it terribly, since he had never learned the dance (or did he??).