16

"Sirius Black?"

Cherry was stunned. Where was Mikey? Where was her father??

And what the hell was the mass murderer Sirius Black doing inside the Gryffindor common room??

"Sh! Be quiet, someone will hear us!" he whisper shouted, approaching Cherry.

She stumbled back a bit, her wand still pointed at him, the other hand clasped tight on her mouth, scared she was going to let out a piercing scream that would wake up everyone else in the Gryffindor dorms. "What the fuck are you doing here??" She whispered, sort of scared for her life, since after all he could very well kill her at any second.

"No, it's me, M- Mikey."

Cherry froze, right there on her spot in front of the couch, processing the words that had just came out of Sirius's mouth. "Y- you're Mikey? No- no you can't be!"

Fuck my dad is a mass murderer.

"Yes, I am. I just used Mikey as a name so people wouldn't have recognized me. They're starting to check people's mail, and I couldn't risk it, now please, let me explain," he shushed her, and carefully walking towards her talking. "I'm not the murderer everyone claims I am."

Cherry was extremely confused as to who the man standing before her was. He was her father, Mikey Way, Sirius Black, the wanted criminal, Azkaban escaper, evil mass murderer.., who was he?

Not lowering her wand, she took another step back. "So you're my father? Sirius Black? You're the one who left my mother? And killed all those people??"

"Yes, and I am very sorry about that, if I had known anything about me having a daughter I never would have left you-" --a lie-- "and I regret leaving Alicia every day of my life," he said, lying as easily and taking another step forward. "And I never killed anyone," another lie.

"No- no you can't be- are you really? You're not kidding me?"

"Yes, Cherry, I am," Sirius said, in truth. "I am your father." [(Luke) *sorry*]

"So then, who was the teacher that helped you in?" she asked warily, lowering her wand the tiniest bit.

"Oh, an old friend of mine, you may know him as Professor Lupin now," he said, a bit of pain flashing through his dark eyes, giving his face a ghostly look.

"Wait- Remus??" she asked. Thinking back, it had all made sense now. She had learned about animagas, and werewolves, when Snape had been filling in for Lupin that one time.

Now, it made sense, Remus had been a werewolf! That's why she'd been seeing flashes of a dog everywhere, it was Sirius! Cherry was also sure she'd overheard Hermione talking about it with Ron and Harry, and it all made sense now.

It wasn't a surprise that Remus had kept that part of him hidden; she could guess why. Lots of people didn't like werewolves, no matter how close he was with her. But Cherry didn't care that he was a werewolf.

"Yes, Remus," Sirius continued.

"Does anyone else know you're here?"

"Only you two, and Harry," he said, looking left and right, checking to see if anyone was coming.

"Wait- why Harry??" she asked.

"I'm his godfather, and it's a lot to explain, I promise I will explain everything to you later-"

"But then why-"

Suddenly, there was a noise, a rustling from above them, coming from one of the stairs, and the two snapped there heads toward it. Sirius said, "I must leave now, but I will send you a letter-"