chapter 3

Y/n pov

A blaring alarm fills my ears. I groan and grab my phone shutting my alarm off. I lazily rub my eyes and yawn stretching out my arms. I open up my eyes to be greeted with the dimly lit sky. I smile softly and look down at the time. 5:30,just perfect i guess. I sit up and groan rubbing my side. Nothing like sleeping on a couch again. I shake my head with a small frown. All the memories of couch surfing flooding my head. I mean damn I'm only 21 and I've been homeless 3 no 4 times?  I get up from the couch  and head into the bathroom. I rest both my hands on the counter and look up into the mirror. Thats why I dont look in mirror let alone own any. I huff looking at my chubby face and my double chin. Yes a double chin that is also ways visible. I guess its not that bad but its there.  I take off dabis shirt and shorts setting them on the counter. I put on my cholths that I wore yesterday. Shit I left my boots in his room, and the brush is in there to. Just my luck. I sit down on the toilet and put my socks on. I get up with a sigh as I make my way to dabis room. I slowly open his door trying not to make a single noise. I diddnt want to find out what he's like in the morning let alone being woken up. I open the door and just leave it open. I tiptoe to his tv and grab the brush brushing through my hair. With each knot it untangled I flinched,yeah its not that loud but I don't want to chance it. When I get done I set the brush back down and look around the room to find my boots. I mentally slap myself in the face. He moved me boots right by his bed, just great. I softly take each step slowly the floor board creaking with each step. I bend down to grab my boots and smile, mission accomplished. " what time is it?" He groaned and rustling of the sheets could be heard.   " im  so sorry if I woke you,Its around 6." I sigh standing up straight boots in hand as I held them close to my chest.  He groan again and rolled over. " see ya at noon." Thats all he said before going silent again. I bite my lip as I walk out of his room and softly shut the door behind me. My cheeks turn a soft pink. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He was muscular but not alot, very slender and lean. I shake my head trying to get the thoughts out of my head. I then softly giggle to myself. I shake my head alot don't I?. I sit down on the couch and slip my boots on. As I tie my boots the thoughts of the phone call flood my head. Oh shit thats right. Josh is coming to the bar to " talk" to me. I dont know what to think. I mean its a public place and people should be around. I just hope dabi dosnt show up early, that wouldn't end well.  I finish tying my boots and grab my things heading out the door,caful to shut it as softly as I can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      " hello welcome, how may I help you?" I asked a group of men. They had just sat down and they wouldn't stop staring at me. It made me so uncomfortable, but I try not to show it.   " a bottle of jack for the table." One of the men said. I nodded my head and put my notepad back in my pocket. " ill be right back with that."
I walked away and went up to the bar. " a bottle of jack please." I said with a sigh.   sam grabbed the bottle and set it on the bar. " your slacking, today y/n, be better." He said with a smile. " right  sorry." I grabbed the bottle and went back to the table. I set the bottle down in the middle along with a couple glasses. " that will be $30. Anything else?" I asked trying to maintain my fake smile.
" whos paying?" One of the men asked. He seemed pretty younge, maybe mid 30s.
   " I got it." I bigger man said. He handed me the money with a smile.
" if you need anything holler." I said and walked off. As I was about to sit down josh came walking through the door. He gave me a smile as we made eye contact. He sat down and motioned me over. I clench down my teeth as I walk over. " what would you like?" I asked trying to avoid eye contact. It just made me so uncomfortable with him. " ill have a beer, when is your break?" He asked. I looked over to the wall and to the clock. " about 5 minutes, just let me get your drink." I said and walked away.

     " a beer, and could I start my break early? " I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. Sam rolled his eyes while he opened the beer and handed it to me. " sure." Is all he said. " I thought you weren't going to come into work today?" I looked at him slightly confused. " somone couldn't make it ,so I had to fill in." He answered. I nodded my head and walked back over to Josh. I set his beer down and sat down across from him in the booth.  " so, what do you want?" I want to get straight to the point ,get it done and over with. I never want to see him again, he needs to leave.
" I want you of course, why else would I be here?" He smirked taking a drink of his beer. Just the thought of being with him made my stomach churn. " you think I want to be with after what you did? After what both of you did to me? Your full of shit!" I scoffed and put my head in my hands looking out the window.  He reached his hand over and grabbed my hand in his. I tried to yank my hand away but he just held it tighter to the point it alsmot hurt. He leaned forawrd so we were only inches apart. " dont make a scene dear, you don't want somone getting the wrong idea." He smirked and winked at me. My face filled with disgust. " you used to say I was the only thing you wanted,what happen to that? Plus I can ways take you by force." He snickered and leaned back in his seat but diddnt let go of my hand. I once again tried to pull my hand away but he just held it harder making me whimper. " w..why me? Cant you just leave me alone?" I pleaded. He shook his head and clicked his tounge. " your dear father has a project and you are the perfect subject." He ran his thumb over my hand. I want out of here so bad. I need to get away. I look to the clock and see i only have a hour left till dabi gets here.i need to finish this fast. " what is he planning now? What dose this have to do with me?" I choked on my words.  " you see, Sean has come into some viles. These liquids can take give quirks. I think you can put two and two together."  My heart sank. I knew Sean has been working at this for years, but now he finally has them. " I will never do that! It could kill me. What makes you think I dont have somone who can stop you?"
" thats why, no one would care if you die. Maybe your dear mother but you know, she's dead. And even if you did have a so called protecter you won't tell them. You know im stronger then alsmot anyone. So what do you say, easy way or the hard way?" He smirked and let go of my hand finishing his beer.  I cross my arms and shake my head. " no. I will not give into you every again. Ill just alert the police." I said with a small smirk forming on my lips. He chcukled and rested his fist on the table. " oh how funny, some seem to be working with us. They think we are the good guys." My heart dropped and I stood up grabbing his empty beer bottle. " try all you want, but im not going with you. Fuck off and leave." I snapped and walked off throwing away the beer bottle.

       " whoes your boyfriend?" Sam asked nodding towards Josh. I scrunch up my face and make a gagging noise. " hes not my boyfriend, more like a annoying man who won't leave me alone." I hid my fear with a laugh. I looked over to Josh to be greeted by his wicked smile. " oh i see, anyway I'm having Lillie come in early so you can clock out." He said while whiling down a glass. " alright thanks. See you next week. " I sigh and get ready to clock out but im stopped. " about that. I'm taking you off the schedule all next week." I turned and looked at him confused.     " what why?" I asked a little panicked, is he firing me? " im just seeing how the other staff dose without you, dont fret. Ill call, have a nice break." He said and went back to his work.  I groan and walk to the back grabbing my things.  I clcoked out and  walked back out. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to be greeted by Josh. " ill see you later sweetheart." He smirked and walked out if the building.  I rolled my eyes and got my phone out. I texted dabi that I was going home and he diddnt have to show up. After It sent I walked out and started walking down the street. I'm going to have to pack and get out of here. This place was nice and I liked most the people here. But nope, I once again have to run.  My phone dinged and I took it out seeing a text from dabi.

( this side is you)

" im coming over"

" what why?"

" I have some news. "

" what kind of news."

" ill tell you when I get there"

" I swear I'm not in the mood for bullshit rn"

" I think you'll like it "

" ok fine"

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket.

~~~~~~~~~

      I finally got to my apartment. I walked in and shut the door behind me and locked it. I cant chance it. I went around the apartment and locked all the windows and any entrance. I groan running my hands in my hair. What am I suppose to do? I can't drag dabi into this, but I have noone else. Its fine ill just run again. But I don't want to leave dabi here. I guess I'll figure this out another time, but soon.

    I sat everything down and got into the shower. The hot water relaxed me instantly.  I cleaned myself and got out of the shower. I put on a band t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I brushed my hair and heard a knock at the door. I smile softly and walk to the door. I straighten out my cholths and fix my hair. Wait why am I doing this? I can't like him, not now.  I opened up the door with a smile. " hey, come on in." As soon as I saw it was dabi I welcomed him in. He walked in and gave me a soft smile. I shut the door and relocked it.   I turned to face him and crossed my arms over my chest.
  " so whats the news?" I asked and leaned agaisnt the kitchen counter.
  " I just got myself a house, two bedroom." He seemed so proud if himself. Im happy for him. But my question is how?  " thats so great! It must feel great. " I smiled unrolling my arms.  " yeah well I thought you might want to stay with me. It closer to your work and plus you wouldn't have to worry about bills." He smiled and walked over to me. I had a giant smile on my face, I coukd just leap for joy. " what about rent money and things like that? Wont you need help?" I asked trying to hide my excitement. " I bought the house, so I own it. All ill have to pay is the utitlies. So is that a yes or a no?" He asked tiling his head slightly. I squealed and and threw myself start him trapping him in a hug. He chcukled and fell back a couple steps from the force I used. He wrapped his arms around my back and pushed me away just a little. " so a yes? I wasn't expecting you to say that."  I looked up at him and let go if him my cheeks turning a soft pink. " w..well uhm yea. It would help me out alot. But why did you ask?" I ask hoping to hear somthing like he had feeling for me or so.thing along those lines. " I just figured it would be easier. We are always at each other apartments so why not." He answered. I nodded my head and grabbed my coin purse.  " we have to celebrate, drinks on me. Let's go to the store. " I smiled and started for the door. " are you sure you want to get drunk with me?" He asked walking behind me. I shrugged. " you can't be any worse then me. Now let's go. " I giggled and went out the door. Tonight is going to be fun.its either going to end up with me crying and spilling my guts or a very spicy
y/n.