chapter 7

A/N: there is talk of body image issues in this chapter. ( to be expected in this type of book).

Y/n pov

" what do you mean?" I said into the phone.

"We don't need you anymore."

"Whys that? All I did was work as hard as I could for that place!" I say beyond anyoyyed.

" sorry y/n, we found someone better who dosnt bring trouble into work." Sam my now ex boss said

" you know what, fuck you asshole!" I yelled into the phone and hung up.

I slam my phone down on my bedside table with a sigh. I run my hands through my hair trying to stop the tears. Its only been 4 days since dabi gave me this choker. He has barly been home at all and its starting to worry me. He did say he used to have a bunch of one night stands. What if he's cheating? I mean we arnt that seroius yet but I need time. I hiccuped and the tears started to fall down my face. I curl up putting my knees to my chest, well trying to. That only made it worst. I started crying even harder. I guess everything from the past couple weeks is getting to be all at once. I sounded like somone was hurting me im crying that bad. My heart started to pound when I heard the door open downstairs. I jumped up out of my bed and to my mirror still crying. I take a couple deep breathes trying to calm myself down. I whipe my teary eyes with my sweatshirt sleeve. My breathing was still ragged and my eyes red and puffy. I decided I'd stay in my room. Its not like dabi wants to see me like this anyway.

I sit back down on my bed and curl up in the blankets grabbing my phone after im situated. I whioe my eyes and nose taking another deep breathe. Its been a long time since I've cried,it all just sort of burst out. I could hear what sounded pot's and pans clinging together. I want to go down and see what he's doing, but with the state im in i better not. I sigh get out of bed. If I can make it to the bathroom before he spots me ill be fine. I tip toe down the stairs holding the bottom of my sweatshirt. I make it to the bottoms of the steps without being heard. I peak into the kitchen to see bright red feathers moving all around the kitchen. I shake my head not wanting to deal with it right now. I walk towards the bathroom keeping my eyes on dabi and the this weird bird man. The guy with the wings starts to turn around so I book it to the bathroom and slam the door maybe a little to hard. I locked the door and sighed feeling the panic rise within me again. Why do I get like this over things so little.

I sit down on the floor with my head agiant the door. I could hear laughing emerge from the kitchen while I'm in the bathroom alone, and crying. I littely almost just had a panic attack over them seeing me upset. How pathetic can I get? I softly groan as I stand up and look at myself in the mirror. As soon as I saw my reflection the tears started in again. I swear I've gained weight. I dont even know how. I barly eat anything as it is. How am I gaining more? I take a wash cloth and wet it with cold water. I hiccuped as I softly cried. I calmed down not long after. I just wasn't going to be looking in the mirror anytime soon. I wash my face with the cold wet rag. I ring the rag out and set it up to dry off so I can use it later. I tap my face dry with the towel and sigh softly. As soon as I open my eyes back up I frown. I look in the mirror to see my eyes red and puffy. My visible double chin diddnt help either. No matter what I did it was there. It wasn't terribly bad,but its there. I whipe my eyes and turn away from the mirror. This is enough of hating my body for one day.

I carefully open up the bathroom door trying not to make any noise. I peak out the door and they are both still in the kitchen. I smile softly and open the door all the way. I slowly and carefully walk out of the bathroom and go straight to the stairs.