•29•

Ariana's POV.

The sound of my annoying phone ringing woke me right up out of my peaceful sleep. With one eye open, I looked around and noticed that I was stretched out on the pull out couch and Y/N was cuddled up on the bed next to Armani.

After a second my phone finally stopped ringing so I rolled back over falling back to sleep. That was until it started right back.

"Oh my god." I groaned tiredly putting my phone to my ear. "Yeah?"

"What's up kid? You ready to hit the road?" Scooters cheerful voice rang throughout the line instantly aggravating me. Especially since we started to go on and on about some unknown plans and issues that he "fixed". Shit. I had no idea what he was even talking about.

Slowly I sat up rubbing my hands down my face. "Wait-huh?" I said still half sleep.

"Ariana, are you kidding me? This week is the last week of your extended vacation. You go back on tour next week. So we need you to be ready, rehearsals start today and I know it's a tight schedule but that's the only way we could fit everything in."

I looked back at Y/N sleeping peacefully on the bed holding Armani.

It made me want to smile but cry at the same time. Because Armani wasn't awake, and he hasn't been for some time now.

Before I could let my thoughts affect me too much, I cleared my throat.

"Well that's actually not gonna work scooter."

It was silent on his end of a moment. "What do you mean that's not gonna work? You're a professional dude, to be completely honest you don't even need the rehearsal."

"Nah man, not that. Look, I'm sure you've heard by now. My son is in the hospital and he has been for the past two months. That's kind of why I needed the extra time."

When all of this first happened I went to talk to him and let him know that there was just no way in hell that I was going back on the road and leaving Y/N and my family behind. Especially with Armani in this state he was in. He didn't seem to mind and I've been here ever since.

"Ariana, I gave you a lot of extra time off with no questions asked. But now, it's time to get back to work, nothing else I can do."

Rolling my eyes I heard Y/N start to move around on the bed making me turn to look at her.

She gave me a small smile making me give her one back.

"Scooter seriously. I know you can push some shit back, please. Just-at least until he wakes up?"

"You had one week Ariana, I'm not extending any more dates. Get home and get packed." He said sternly making me hit my hand against the wall and toss my phone over to the side.

"Fuck me man!"

"Hey, what's the matter?" I heard Y/N ask in a very drowsy voice.

I inhaled deeply shaking my head. "Scooter, he wants me back on the road ASAP."

The room fell silent for a moment. "Oh. Well did you talk to him and explain to him what was going on?"

"Of course I did Y/N. Hell everybody knows about it, especially scooter. But his ass just doesn't seem to give a fuck." I spat out feeling my jaw clench just thinking about it.

Y/N sighed deeply as she came closer to me and sat in front of me. Her eyes were red and puffy, I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was about to break.