Chapter Three

"James what...what are you...what's going on?" At this point I can't breathe.

  "You'll find out soon enough-" His phone rings, and I can just barely make out the conversation on the other end. "What?" He says, annoyed at the caller.

  "He's cut off air traffic!! What the hell are we supposed to do now?"

  "I'll figure something out. Just trust me, boss."

  " There's no way you'll be able to get her off of White House grounds right now!! I assume you're still in the emergency escape route?'"

  "Yes sir-"

"Yeah, you're fucked. They know, James. Secret service'll be there in seconds. The plan is fucking screwed now."

  "I've got a  new one, I promise. Just buy me sixty seconds of time."

  "Fine- but if it doesn't work you know what to do." I realize something, and then I want to punch myself for being so stupid. I had about thirty seconds to beat the living shit out of him and I sat there hyperventilating. My baby may have died, but I do not plan on dying today. I swing my foot up to connect with his chin, in which I am successful. Three teeth and a significant amount of blood Falls out of his mouth, which buys me a couple of seconds to kick him in nuts while the blood from his mouth is pooling into his hand, but it still isn't enough with his training.

  I barely mange to slip past him, and of course- he catches me. I see my husband and mother's faces as he slams me against the hard metal, and then, nothing.
——— Kyle's P.O.V———

  "I've informed congressional leadership of the ongoing situation here and all travel  that is not for trade, work, or end of life purposes has been suspended until further notice." Vice President Marisol says.

  "Great. Let's just hope that team finds something in there." We were ordered away from the residence just in case, and are now at the furthest command oops room from the area. "Any luck with the security cameras, Ethan?"

"No sir, they're all still down."

"Then get them up, now."

"I'm working as fast as I can, sir. In the time  I've been working here I've never seen an encryption code like this and you know as well as I do I'm just about the best hacker in this country,sir. Well- second best, I guess." Ethan replies.

"Sir, you're gonna want to see this." The general says from across the room. "Princess Ariyah of England, the prime minister of Canada's son, and .... the First Lady's mother have also gone M.I.A in the past ten minutes."

"Do England or Canada have any leads on their people yet?"

" The prime minister's son was at school when one of his bodyguards killed the two others and shot every single person in that classroom in less than a minute, but princess Ariyah literally vanished into thin air. It doesn't make any sense, the cameras at the school and surrounding streets were cut along with every camera in and around the White House and every camera in and around the castle." The general says.

"At the same time?"

"Almost." He responds. My eyes scan over the screens in command opps, each one filled with every single tiny detail we have so far, which isn't much, but we are getting new intel every few seconds. It's moments like these when I'm so incredibly grateful to be working with the smartest people our country has to offer.

"Internationally coordinated terrorism." I shake my head. "I want every single person who has access to the west wing and to the presidential suite to be thoroughly investigated starting now."

"On it, sir." Special investigator Aileen says. "Does that include the Vice President and members of the cabinet?"

  "Yes, I mean everybody and by any means necessary." If anybody can follow a trail of breadcrumbs, it's Aileen. Currently, I trust her more than anybody in this room, as the traitor could be anybody.

  "Sir, I hardly think that's fair. I've been more loyal than anybody-" Marisol starts to say.

  "My wife has been missing for fifteen minutes , I don't have time to argue with you right now. If you have nothing to hide, you will not have a problem with full cooperation to the investigation. Speaking of which, where's James?"

  "BOOM!!BOOM! BOOM!!!"

—Third person P.O.V.—-

James sighed- he was in a tough spot right now. His boss would kill the one person he cared about if he didn't complete the mission as planned, and he would be executed by the Americans if his involvement in the kidnapping was found out. Here the First Lady lay, just a foot away from him, most likely with a severe concussion from what he did to her, and all he could think about was himself. "I'm a terrible person." He thought. "But I don't enough fucking time to think about morals right now."

He had just a couple of seconds before the agents would arrive, so he pulled out the device his boss provided him with for situations like this. A device that was so powerful it had a self destruct button just in case, similar to the cell phone. The cameras were still down, so they would not immediately know of his involvement,but once he carried this out, he would never be able to return to America.

James took a single deep breath, he knew what he had to do. The First Lady was still alive, but he had hit certain pressure points in just the right way so that she would be knocked out for well over an hour. He slung her over his shoulder, stepped outside of the plane, and waited until he could hear the agents at just the right place in the hallway. He pressed a couple of buttons, and almost instantly, the hallway blew into dust, taking out part of the residence, all of the special agents and secret service assigned to investigate. Every single person In the vicinity would be drawn to the site of the explosion like flies, so he didn't have much time, but he ran like hell, closing the door to the secondary escape hall at the other end of this one just as the panicked voices reached the room. There would be agents guarding the doorway of the exit, but the temporary shock of the situation gave him the three seconds necessary to take them out.

He took out two more in the process of getting over the White House fence, being extremely careful to take back roads and underpopulated areas where he would not be seen by citizens, and then ran again, until he could no longer breath, into the woods a couple of miles away. He kept running until he truly could not do it anymore, and then pinged his location to the boss. Within a few minutes, the transportation truck was there.

There was a false wall in the back of the storage container that would hide the both of them,only accessible by tapping on three very specific nails eight times, six times, and thirteen times. The rest of the truck was filled with chocolate products, and the driver was a thirty something year old woman that had been recruited against her will too. As he tied the First Lady up in the secret compartment, and took his seat as well, signaling to the driver that it was time, one thought kept passing through his head:

"Holy shit. I'm actually going to get away with this."