Chapter Eleven

Kyle's P.O.V

"YOU HAD AN AFFAIR WITH THE SENATE MAJORITY LEADER?!!"

"Ryan, I know it looks bad but-"

"YOU'RE THE FUCKING PRESIDENT WHAT THE FUCK!!"

"He wasn't the majority leader at the time and it wasn't technically an affair! This was ten years ago and Lauren and I were separated for just a couple of weeks. We both agreed that we could see other people during that time but it didn't last very long and I haven't had any contact with him that wasn't professional since then."

"Try telling that to the American people." Kylie sighs. "Which one of you geniuses ideas was it to film that?"

"We didn't film it- have somebody sweep his house for bugs. Ryan- you write a statement, the Canadian prime minister and British ambassador are here and I need to catch them up."

—-Aileen's P.O.V——

"So-" I slam the printed out evidence down on the table in front of him. A prince, handcuffed- now that's quite a sight. " Explain. Now."

"I can't."

"The fuck you won't-"

"For the safety of my daughter, I cannot."

"You wanna talk about her safety?" I laugh. "She currently lives in a country where she could be killed for walking down the streets without you,Have her clit cut off for falling in love before marriage, and be executed for following the wrong religion. Don't you fucking dare talk about her safety."

"You're one to talk." He snorts. "The president knows you are a refugee- but does he know the full story?"

"I'm not discussing the past with you." A tear threatens to spill over.

"Does he know that when you got out, you left behind your three month old daughter?"

"Prince-"

"Does he know that she died from pneumonia- oh wait, you didn't even know, did you?"

"I did what I had to do to survive. And if you want your daughter to, you will comply with the investigation."

"Fine." He sits back. "Get both of my children out and then we can talk."

"You'll have to make a direct call to your second in command, whoever the hell that is, and tell him to hold back military forces and let us in."

—-Ryan's P.O.V—-

  "Senator, thank you for coming on such short notice." I say.

"Yeah, well, I have as much of an interest in protecting my reputation as the president does." He sits back, annoyed.

"We'll need permission to sweep your house for bugs-" I ignore his attitude. "And your approval before releasing this statement."

"Shoot."

"While these past few days have been a bit more controversial than usual for President Wells's administration, I and the president can assure you that the relations seen in the recently released video- which was taken ten years ago by bugs, were halted almost immediately after. President Wells and I have had professional conduct only since then."

"That's good-" He says. "But it needs a little more. Make it one hundred percent clear that I am not a homewrecker and that Ms.Wells knew about our  relationship."

"I'd also like to add that The First Lady was one hundred percent aware of the relations between the president and I- who was, at the time, a senator, and that adultery was not, at any point, a factor in our brief relationship."

"Add that-" He replies. "And uh, do you think you could get Kyle in here for a second? With everything going on I'd like to speak to him directly."

"I'm sorry Senator, with everything going on that just won't be possible right now."

——Kyle's P.O.V——

"Minister Garland, Ambassador Felix- how are you holding up?"

"Well at least we're alive." Minister Garland rolls his eyes. "Can't say the same for them."

"Don't. Not yet."

"There are terrorists out there that managed to blow up the fucking White House from within using its own defense mechanisms that were supposed to protect against attacks like that!! So please, fucking excuse me if I'm not being optimistic, Mr.President."

"Look, we have people in thirty countries looking through every possible lead- we'll find them, alive." I reassure.

"It has been three days and we've spent a collective two billion dollars in the search effort- how much money are we going to have to cough up first? How soon before somebody leaks the disappearances?" Ambassador Felix says.

I turn around to face the main screen. "However damn much it takes." I remember that when Lauren was attending the FBI academy, she didn't take a break- not once. Every little bit of 'free time' she had went to studying, which she also did while she was eating, working out, and 'relaxing'. Point being- she never stopped, and I don't plan on stopping either.

"Mr.President we just received two more videos-" Ethan sounds panicked again.

"Alright- let's see it. "Minister Garland says.

"You...don't need to see them." Ethan shakes his head.

"Excuse me?" Minister Garland raises an eyebrow.

"I mean... it's not the best idea." Ethan glances between the three of us.

"For fucks sake, just play the video, Ethan." I sigh.

He gulps, pulling up the window. The next few seconds move in slow motion, with the ear piercing, agony filled screams of the prime minister filling the room. I Lean over Ethan's shoulder, and feel like screaming myself.

I am looking at The beheaded, bullet filled face of his son.

  "Ethan what's in the second one?" I almost wish I hadn't asked. "Oh my god."

—10 years ago—

  One month. We've been separated for one month and I still wake up reaching for her on the other side of our bed. She's been staying at her mother's - who I'm sure has said something along the lines of 'I told you so' by now. All of this over one stupid fight; I guess we're both a bit dramatic, but that was the only fight we've ever had. I can't take this anymore, and according to her mom, neither can she- but she's stubborn. Stubborn because she normally is right- except this time, but I'm definitely not going to tell her that.

I have a meeting with Senator Miller in about an hour, but I really, really, do not want to see him after what happened last week. It's not like i have a choice, though- the meeting is for a humanitarian aid package. Almost at the exact same time that my feet hit the floor , I hear the familiar jangle of keys.

I jump up, running down the stairs. I want to immediately embrace her, but instead we both stand still, unable to find the correct words. "I'm-" I start before I'm interrupted by her lips hungrily pressing against mine. Thirty seconds later, when she finally pulls away for air, I'm still holding her.

"I love you, okay? God, I freaking love you."