Chapter Twenty Five

"As if this day couldn't get any stranger." I think to myself. Here I am, in the royal limo with the crowned princess of England and her fiancé. They sit across from me, his arm around her shoulder, in comfortable silence.

  It, understandably, took Lauren a long time to open up to me after what happened to her, but after that, we got the comfortable silence. After she was finally able to trust me, I wished that I'd met her a year earlier. That way I would've been able to stop him- at the very least punch the living shit out of him until he bled out. I am not a violent person. I usually don't believe in the death penalty, but that fucker  deserved every single thing I would've done to him if I had the chance.

  I definitely would've cut off his penis and made him eat it. I can't decide, to this day though, if I would cook it or not. If I would let him suffer for as long as possible so he could feel what she felt, or if I would snap his neck like a twig. If it would be more satisfying to watch the life slowly drain out of him, or watch it leave all at once.

  I might've started by tying him up, then I'd probably leave him there for a couple of days so he could sit in his own piss and shit. Maybe i'd slowly cut it in thin slices. Play hangman with his penis-and after it was fully sliced up, I'd serve it to him as his last meal. I might've used that medieval rat-torture on him, and I wouldn't have felt sorry about any of it.

  That's the scary part- I'm far from a murderer. I know for a fact I'm not crazy. But I would enjoy every second of watching him suffer.

   -Lauren's P.O.V, Age 14-

  "You know I can't come- my dad'll fucking kill me." I roll my eyes at my girlfriend. "He caught me trying to sneak out last week."

  "Oh screw him-"She says, grabbing a book out of her locker. "When was the last time you got to leave the house? Live a little. Ya only get one shot."

  "I would if I could. He's got fucking bars on the windows and If I don't come home right after school he'll take my phone privileges away for a month." I sigh.

  "Then I'm coming to your house. 4:30- I'll be there." She plants a kiss on my forehead.

  "But I'm not out to him yet-"

  "So what?" She shrugs. "Aren't you pansexual?"

  "Well yeah, but-"

  "Then the odds are you'll probably end up with a dude anyways. Your dad needs to mind his fucken business."

  "It's not that simple." I reply. "He's old school. Really old school. He's like the "You're my property until you get married type."

  "Do you need me to kill him?" She laughs. "Cause it's really not that hard to get rid of a body. Come on- let's tell him. It's gonna slip out at some point anyways if we don't. I love you and.. I'm not ashamed of that."

  "I love you too- okay."

  "Okay?"

  "Okay."

  We're about a mile away from my house and my hands are already shaking. We walk with our hands gripping onto each others despite the cold, causing mine to be slightly red and numb by now. I start to slow down the closer we get to my house, and she stops completely, slightly annoyed. "Come on-" She says. "We can't avoid it forever."

  "No-" I shrug. "But if we walk super slow we can avoid it just a little bit longer. Or you could turn around and go home and forget about meeting my drunk excuse of a dad-" she cuts me off with a kiss.

  "I don't care what he is. I fucking love you, okay? So deal with it." I slowly insert my key into the doorknob, turning it. The entire house reeks of alcohol and futile attempts to mask the scent with febreze by my mother. Yet still, her nose doesn't turn up for a second.

  "Dad- I'm home!" I call.

  "Yeah, and your three whole fucking minutes late-" he pauses when he walks into the living room and sees her. "Who the hell is this?"

"Mr.Snipes- it's so nice to meet you." She puts her hand out and back down when he doesn't reach out to shake it.

"This is Isabelle, dad she's my...well, she's my..."

"I'm her girlfriend and I intend on marrying your daughter when it becomes legal for us to do so." Isabelle finishes my sentence. I gulp, knowing exactly what's about to happen even though a part of me wants to believe that someday, he'll change.

"You're a fucking faggot?"he yells.

"Dad-"

"Don't you 'dad' me!! I raised you better than that!"

"Dad-"

"What are you, a fucking animal? Penguins do that shit because they don't know any better! I raised you with Christian values and you will continue to follow them one way or-"

"DAD! I'M FUCKING PANSEXUAL AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR YOUR GOD CAN DO ABOUT IT SO GO FUCK YOURSELF!" I regret it the second those words leave my mouth. I've seen my dad angry before, but not like this. The look in his eyes now is almost inhuman, like he's a lion that hasn't eaten in months stalking a dear. There's a moment of silence where he's just looking at me, daring me to open my mouth again, but I know better. I never should've opened it in the first place- I should've waited four more years until I could get the fuck out of here, but I guess it's a little too late for that now.

  "Okay well I'm just gonna go..." Isabelle says, breaking the silence. She's known for a while what my father is like- it's just seeing it in person that's different. "It was.. nice meeting you."

  "Oh you're not fucking going anywhere." The scent of vodka drifts across the room. "Sit down."

  "Dad don't-"

  "Shut up fag!" He grabs his shotgun off of the wall.

  "Dad what the hell-" He gives me the look again.

  "Homosexuality is one of the worst sins there is. Leviticus 20:13- If one lies with the same gender as they would the opposite, both of them have done what is detestable. They shall be put to death."

  "Oh please-"  Isabelle laughs in his face despite my pleading looks to just go along with it. "That's not what it says."

  My dad looks up at the ceiling like his drunk ass sees something there. "Forgive them, for they know not that they have sinned. The lord is merciful and forgiving. He asks us to save lost souls and give them opportunity to be forgiven before anything. Isabelle, will you denounce homosexuality?"

  The look on my face is almost begging her to just say yes. She looks between us, contemplates this for a second, and stands up, looking my dad straight in the eyes. "I've spent my entire life hiding from my sexuality or.. being told I was too young to know. That god hated me. You know, if your god was truly as merciful as you say he is, he wouldn't give a shit. So fuck you, you crazy son of a bitch- and  fuck your god."

  I want to crawl out of my own body right now. "Well I'm sorry to hear that."My dad chuckles. "But I can't say I didn't try to save you." He presses the gun to her forehead.

  "DAD NO-"

  "Shut up or you're next! You're damn lucky god commands us to love our children no matter what- even when they've committed the gravest of sins."

  "Dad please-" The impact of the bullet splatters her blood all over me.