Chapter Forty Five

Joe's P.O.V

When thinking about legal ethics, this feels so, so wrong. If I can push the way my brain's wired aside, it's just another way of grieving. Not that that makes what we're doing any more acceptable, but neither of us are concerned right now. None of us have gotten a break this week. Not one.

As I throw my blazer aside, my free hand traveling up the bare skin of her back and my lips connecting with hers, my only thought is how far into this we'll get before somebody comes up with something urgent that one of us'll have to do right now. It never fails- you can't get more than a fucking second alone in this place. My hand reaches her bra as the other is cupping her face, and I unclasp it instantly.

We pause for a second, each tearing our tops off like we'll die if it takes too long. I support her weight with one hand under her ass, the other around her waist as I carry her over to the desk, a perfect height for what we need it for right now. Her nails dig into my back as my teeth hit that sensitive spot on her neck, a loud moan escaping her mouth. Thank god the offices are soundproof and she regularly wears turtlenecks.

  My fingers travel under the hem of her panties, hooking around them and pulling her pants down in one go. I look up at her for permission, to which she quickly nods yes to. I push her legs open slightly more to give me better access, sensing a disturbance in my pants that I ignore.

I waste no time. My tongue swirls around her clit in figure eights as my fingers pump in and out of her soaking wet pussy, angled to hit that spot every time. She's a moaning mess, her hands gripping the edge of the desk with her knuckles white. Just as I can feel her walls pulsating, her about to reach an orgasm, I stop.

"The fuck-" She curses me.

"I fully intend on fucking you today." I say lowly. "But if I'm being honest, I've thought about fucking you every single day. I was just waiting on the opportunity and the consent."

  "Joe, I swear to god if you don't-"She yanks my pants down quickly.

  "You'll what?" I chuckle. "Fire me?"

  "Maybe."

  "Oh we both know that's bullshit." I say. "But since you insist-" I pause for a second, remembering something, and then I want to slap myself. "I don't have protection."

  "It's okay-" She replies. "I got sterilized after that second one. There's about a .003% chance of me ever getting pregnant again with that and the... being forty two part. Even if I did the chances of it surviving are almost zero, thank god."

  "Thank god." I repeat. With my hand on the back of her neck, another on the desk to support my position, I bring myself even closer to her, my tip brushing up against her entrance. Her lips hungrily press against mine, and that's when the knock comes.

God fucking damnit.

"What?" Marisol says, trying to hide the annoyance in her tone of voice.

"Senator Miller is requesting a meeting to discuss the finalized amendment before a vote." One of her aide's answers.

"How soon?" She asks, putting her clothes back on with a "fuck this" look on her face.

"Preferably within the next hour." The aide replies. "He said they'd like to get the vote done before midnight if possible. Also, the president's security team has recommended to him that he spend at least a week getting a normal amount of sleep after the stress of this week, so... I do have to inform you that you will be the acting president for another full week."