Six

A Couple Days Later

"Harry!" Louis yell-whispered to Harry from outside his door. 

"Louis!" Harry yell-whispered back. 

Louis walked into his room and smiled. 

"Itʻs finally New Years! Iʻve been waiting for this one," Louis said. 

"I know right! I canʻt wait for 2010 already." 

"Whatʻs gonna be your New Yearʻs revolution?" Louis sat on the chair he usually sits on. 

"Mʻnot sure." Oh, he knew for sure what his revolution was. 

"Same, still need to do lots of thinking." Louis said as he pointed to his head with his index finger, Harry laughing. 

"Arenʻt you supposed to be in bed? Itʻs three in the morning!" Harry asked Louis. 

"I know! Thatʻs cause I wanted to do something." Louis smirked.  

"Oh boy, I know that smirk, you want to do something like rob the hospital." Harry shook his head.

"I want to have a walk with you," he said. 

"Around the hospital?" Harry asked Louis, he nodded his head. 

"Fine, but get out, I wanna change." Harry shooed him away with his hands. Louis held his hands up in a sarcastic way of protesting. 

Once Louis was out of his room, Harry got up and felt the cold flooring touch his feet.

---

"Why do you take so long to change into a blue sweater and black tight jeans?" Louis said with furrowed eyebrows. 

"I dunno." Harry simply said. 

He noticed Louis was wearing a black plain shirt and also wearing tight black jeans. 

Out of nowhere, Louis threw him a glove. 

"Whatʻs this for?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he held the glove. 

"Yours has extra protection, mines also has extra protection, not as much as yours though." Louis said as he waited for Harry to put his glove on. 

"Louis, what are you up to?" Harry laughed, still trying to put on his glove. 

Once he put his glove on, they were still still three feet apart, surprising how they could actually reach each other. 

"What if it doesnʻt work and I just end up giving you SARS, which makes you worse than now." Harry said, before he reached for Louisʻ hand.

"Itʻll be fine, I did research to see if this works." He shook his hand, signaling him to hold it.

Once Harry reached for his hand, it felt like he could be happy again, like the world lit up once more. 

"It feels nice to actually touch someone again." Harry smiled at the two of their hands holding on like there was no tomorrow. 

Louis smiled along with Harry and began to walk down the hallways. 

"Harry," Louis said, trailing off. "Iʻm so sorry about Niall." 

Harry sighed at the memory of Nialls funeral, Harry couldnʻt even go because it was the same day he had to take his seventh surgery. 

"At least heʻs in a better place now, way better than this cruel reality." Harry said. 

"Anywhere is better than reality." Louis said. 

The walking became silent, their feet being the only sound. They didnʻt plan on going anywhere specific, but they made it into a hallway with glass walls, being able to see the street lights, and the stars. 

"I know we only met, but, it just needs to come out of my mouth, you know?" Louis stopped, which also stop Harry. 

Harry turned his head to Louis, wondering why the boy stopped walking. 

"What do you mean Lou?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You just- You always give me things in my stomach every time and I canʻt somehow stop it and itʻs killing me." He started off, "The thing is, I know why." Harry was confused, why would he tell him in such an odd time. 

"Harry.." Louis trailed off. 

"Yeah?" Harry asked. 

"I love you... so much. I really do." Louis confirmed.  

"What?"

"I love you." He repeated. 

"Oh Lou, I love you too." Harry smiled. 

Louis looked like he wanted to cry, but he was happy at the same time, really happy. 

"You know how hard it is to confess such a thing?" Louis laughed, looking down at his shoes. 

Harry giggled, "Wanted to say that first, but you stole it." Harry fake pouted. 

"Too late!" Louis looked at him again, his shinning blue eyes matching with his blue sweater. 

"Come on, letʻs go adventure this hospital together." Harry held his hand up, Louis grasped his hand and smiled. 

---

Somehow, they ended up telling each other many things about themselves on the rooftop, under the stars. Their backs were leaned against the wall, four feet apart.  

"Wait- Wait- You mean you actually got chased by a goat when you were ten?" Louis laughed at Harryʻs weird childhood. 

"It was scary!" Harry widen his eyes at the memory, Louis laughing even more. 

"Lou! It is so not funny, I hated goats ever since

"Lou! It is so not funny, I hated goats ever since." He said as he squinted his eyes and shook his head with a smug look on his face. 

Louis exhaled deeply, trying to calm down after the laughing fit he just had at Harryʻs story. 

"What time is it?" Harry turned his head to Louis. 

"Uh- Let me check." Louis said as he stood up a little to grab his phone from his back pocket. 

"4:38." Louis responded, putting his phone back into his back pocket. 

"4:38?! Louis I want to go now, Iʻm tired." Harry put on a sad face and leaned his head on the wall, his head still facing Louis. 

"Okay fine, come on love." Louis stood up which put a smile on Harryʻs face. 

Louis grabbed Harryʻs hand, both of them still three feet apart. 

---

It was a five minute walk to his room, not too long, Harry was getting more tired by the minute. 

"Thank you Lou, seriously." Harry smiled as he stood in front of him, outside of his room.

"Anytime, love." Louis smiled. 

"I love your smile so much!" Harry laughed. 

"Well, I love yours! Until the day I die." Louis smiled. 

"Bye Louis,  see you in a couple of hours!" Harry opened his door and peaked his head out of the door so his head was only showing. 

"Bye Haz!" Louis waved him and he went down the hallway with that smile on his face.