Fifteen

It was February 7th, 2010. Harry could not wait for Valentines and could time travel to the day if he could. It was winter, so it was gonna be a cold day for the rest of the month, meaning he can snuggle up in his hospital bed to keep himself warm and watch Netflix movies in his bed. 

Louis has been more distant than usual towards Harry, but Harry hasnʻt acknowledge it yet. 

Louis was still furious about last night. He wanted it to be a special night, knowing it was probably going to be his last night to spend with Harry. 

"Hi, mom." Louis waved at his mom as she came into his room. She smiled at her son in awe and sat down next to his bed, waiting for Eve to announce the news, good or bad. 

"How are you?" She asked Louis. 

"Iʻm okay," he smiled. 

"Okay?" She furrowed her eyebrows in worry. 

"I havenʻt been feeling the best, physically and emotionally." He spoke truthfully. You could tell she understood him as she kept quiet, wishing she could do something about it. 

After a couple of moments of waiting, both Eve and Myra came into the room. Their faces looked guilty, which meant the news werenʻt good news. 

"How is he?" Johannah asked them both as she stood up from her place. 

Eve and Myra looked at each other for a second, debating on who was gonna tell the bad news to the two of them. 

"So?" Louis got impatient. 

"Second treatment isnʻt working... Iʻm sorry Johannah and Louis, thereʻs nothing we can do." Eve spoke up. 

Silence. 

"What about Harry?" Louis furrowed his eyebrows. 

"What about Harry?" Myra asked, confusion took over her. 

"How do you think heʻs going to react?" Louis cried. 

"Harry will be fine, baby." Johannah tried to calm him down. 

"No! Itʻs not, heʻs going to be crying in his room all night because of me." Louis turned the blame on him. 

"Because he loves you so much! Donʻt forget about that." Myra protested. 

Louis stayed quiet, tears were already forming in his eyes. He thought of ever happy memory he had, and it always lead to happy dates with Harry. How they first met, to the day they went on their first date, to the first time they held hands, to the first time they both opened up to each other about everything and anything. 

"Heʻs doing fine though, right?" Louis simply asked. 

"Yes, in fact, he might be doing better than the last time we checked." Myra replied. Her answer made Louis smile, he can look down on how Harryʻs doing once in a while, while Louisʻ in heaven. 

"But my son... is worse," Johannah pulled a worry face towards Louis and rubbed both of his shoulders up and down. 

"Iʻm so sorry, if we could do something about it, we would. But for now, we canʻt do anything." Eve confessed. 

---

"So you mean to tell me that I canʻt even see Louis?" Harry asked Myra. She had told him that he wasnʻt allowed to meet up with Louis again after what happened last night. 

"Iʻm sorry Harry, Iʻm afraid itʻs better that way." Myra frowned. 

"I mean yeah it is but it isnʻt at the same time!" Harry yelled. 

"What?" Myra furrowed her eyebrows.

"You know what I mean." Harry stroke a sassy pose. 

"Harry, Iʻm sorry but you leave me choice. You both canʻt be together." Myra spoke up. 

Harry stood silent as Myra left the room, leaving Harry alone. The boy didnʻt know what to do besides cry. He flopped onto his bed, smushing his face into his pillow and silently cried. He turned his head over and stared at the giraffe plushie. 

He stood up from his spot and grabbed the other turtle plushie, along with the other plushie. He stared at them both for a while and he slowly pushed the two of them together, making the plushies kiss. 

"I wish that were us." Harry thought to himself. 

He closed his eyes and imagined what Louisʻ lips would feel like on his, kissing him passionately. The way both of their lips move together in a pattern, like they were both in a teen romance movie or something of that sort. Just being able to touch him would be the best gift he has ever gotten, better than being able to stitch so fast, or being able to sing, or even being able to be the nicest person to ever exist. Just being able to touch him would be the best gift out of all the giftʻs heʻs received. 

Harry sighed and grabbed the giraffe plushie, hugging it tightly and imagining Louis as the plushie. If they havenʻt met, Harry wouldnʻt have believed in love, well, he believed in movie romance, but in real life, he didnʻt believe anything like that. Like it was just some sort of myth people made up just to get your hopes high. 

He laid down a bit, and stared at the ceiling. He thought of Louis beside him, staring at the stars like what they did for his birthday, their first ever little date. Harry liked to think of it as a date, it wasnʻt as big as their official one, but it was special so he considered it as a date. 

Harry had an amazing imagination. Usually heʻd imagine him with someone being in love with him, him being rich, him making albums with friends, him hanging out with Niall, and him touching Louis. All of those were mostly his imagination, especially him being with Niall and Louis. 

Heʻd also love to imagine him with his family and just playing board games, his momʻs laugh, his sisters voice, all of it. Them spending family quality time, just like what they would do before Harry was in the hospital, but he knew he would reunite with them once more. 

Harry brought the stuffed giraffe in front of his face and used his fingers to trace the letters that spelt Louis. Harry smiled to himself like a fool, Louis probably got so many cuts from the needle just for Harry to be happy. 

He then looked to the right and stared at the orange pillow Louis gave him the night Niall... you know. His smile faded once he brought the memory. Niall was his best friend and he could just hug him and heʻd be happy in an instant. Thatʻs how much of a good person Niall was, he was naturally a good friend.