Seventeen

It was almost close to the day Harry could finally be happy. Watching romantic comedies in bed and just snuggle up in his blanket and cuddle his stuffed animals. But of course, he would watch them alone in bed, without Louis. Harry still kept his distance towards Louis because he didnʻt want to get in trouble, he always followed the rules. But, every time heʻs with Louis, he just wants to break them and touch Louis. 

He couldnʻt get those thoughts out of his head, but, they were just stuck there with no way out. For some reason, Harry didnʻt like the idea of breaking the rules, but, he just wants to break them with Louis. 

It was such a bad idea to think of such things, but, part of him didnʻt really care. 

"Good morning, world." Harry yawned as he rubbed his eyes to try to manage to see better. 

The way the cold concrete floor of his hospital bed touched the bottom of his foot as he managed to walk to his bathroom safely. 

It was a good seven minutes in the bathroom, and he had so many time in the world to do things. Being stuck in the hospital wasnʻt really the funnest things to do, in fact, it was the last place Harry ever wanted to be. The place he wanted to be in the most was in Paris, mostly Rome. He wanted to accomplish his dreams and have a romantic dinner with is partner, still wishing it was Louis there with him. 

The boy knew he was doing better than ever, was, in fact, a good thing. The bad news would be that he wouldnʻt be able to see Louis again. Part of him wanted to leave the dammed place, but mostly part of him wanted to stay, it was like his second home, but, mostly wanted to stay here with Louis. 

There was so many memories made here, good and bad. The way they both met each other on accident, or the way how he had his first ever date here in this hospital, or maybe how he had a paint fight with Louis on the rooftop, or maybe it was the way both of their hands touched through the gloves left on their hands. 

The memories were impossible to get your mind off of. All of his happy memories were stored into one pile, and the bad memories were stored in another pile. 

Harryʻs thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock coming from his door, he snapped his head at the sound knowing Myra had to tell him he had to take his medication.  

"Come in!" Harry yelled. 

Myra opened the door and stepped inside making Harry wanting to roll his eyes. 

"You are aware of your surgery, right Harry?" Myra frowned. 

He nodded, not saying a word. 

"You do know when it is, right?" She asked. 

He shook his head. 

"In an hour from now." Myra said leaving Harry widen his eyes, he didnʻt know it was so soon. 

"An hour?" He raised his voice. 

"Oh, look whoʻs talking to me now." She chucked, he rolled his eyes. 

"Yes an hour, now, prepare." She said before she walked out of the room, leaving Harry alone in his room. His eyes followed her as she closed the door. He sighed and grabbed his stuffed animals and using his finger to trace the letters on the red heart.

Harry didnʻt know why or how he loved Louis so much. Maybe it was the way his hair was left brushed to the side, or maybe it was how he never failed to make Harry smile or laugh, or the way he was so romantic in such ways he couldnʻt explain, or it could be the way his deep blue eyes stared into his green emerald eyes. His eyes were so beautiful to the point he could just swim in them and drown. 

The way Louis talked even gave Harry butterflies in his stomach, he had never loved someone so much to the point the littlest things could brighten up his day in an instant. All of Louisʻ smallest things would be something so big to Harry. 

Harry never thought he would think of these some day, heʻd never thought he would fall so hard in love one day, none of it. He thought he would be an ordinary boy, looking for someone to fall in love with for years and not be able to find true love by the age of sixteen. 

He surprised himself when he told Louis he loved him back on that night, he never knew he would say such things except towards a family member. He never thought he would have his first day, or his first time holding hands with someone, or even his first kiss. 

Even thought all of these thoughts were swimming in his mind, he still seemed to love love and Valentines. Heʻd admired couples enjoying their days from afar. He know it was a creepy thing to do, but, at the same time heʻd enjoy it a lot. Even if he didnʻt believe in love, he still enjoyed it.