Seven

Harry created scenarios in his head of him and Louis living in a cottage, this became a daily thing for the boy, he just canʻt seem to get him out of his head. 

His thoughts disappeared as soon as he heard someone going into his room. He thought it was Louis, so he sat up straight as he possibly could, his stomach hurting a bit from his stitches.

He saw Myra instead, so he slanted his shoulders and sighed in defeat. 

"Never seen you so disappointed when I go into your room," Myra grinned at him.

"I was expecting someone else." He crossed his arms. 

"Itʻs alright, just say Louis," she shook her head and smiled. 

He sighed, knowing he was caught.

"But remember Harry, you know the rules." She said.

"Follow the rules..." He nodded his head. 

"Your birthdays coming up, how do you feel?" She smiled at him as she placed her hands on her hips, changing the subject so sudden. 

"Good, donʻt know what Iʻm gonna do though," he said. 

They both stayed silent, Harry avoided eye contact, not liking the awkward tension. 

She sighed all of a sudden, like she had to tell bad news to him. 

"Harry," she started off, "Iʻm really sorry Niall died on such a special day for you. It was supposed to be a happy day, but everything just turned out to be the worst." She said. 

"Itʻs fine, really. Heʻs in a better place now, better than this world." He looked up, she looked up with him. 

"Are you gonna be fine alone?" She asked him, he nodded. 

"You better be taking that medication, it really does help you." She raised her eyebrows at his pills that were left on the counter. 

"I am," he smiled. She walked out of his room, he was alone now. 

After some time, he decided to call Liam and check how he was doing.

Once he had reached the contacts, he almost pressed on Nialls despite he usually calls him. 

He sighed and skipped past that and pressed Liams contact. 

Liam wasnʻt quick to respond, so by the time the fifth ring came, he answered. 

"Hey Liam," Harry tried to smiled, but failed miserably. 

"Hey Harry, howʻs everything going?" He faked a smile. 

"Good, what about you?" Harry asked. 

"Not good, Zayn wonʻt stop crying and coming over to my house and eat all my ice cream, although, I donʻt blame Zayn, I did the same thing." Liam said. 

"Imagine how his girlfriend, Holly, must be feeling." Harry pouted. 

"Devastated defiantly," he replied. 

"Howʻs Danielle?" Harry asked and changed the subject. 

"Sheʻs doing fine, thanks for asking." He said. "Oh, sorry, have to go. Bye Harry!" Liam waved at the camera.

"Bye Liam!" Harry waved back. 

---

A Couple Of Days Later

"Harry! Itʻs your birthday!" Myra woke the curly lad up.

"Hmm? What?" He woke up and looked around. 

"Itʻs your sixteenth birthday!" She smiled

"It is?" He asked, sitting up straight and rubbing his eyes. 

"Yes Harry, and we have a surprise for you." She clasped her hands together. 

Eve came in with a cupcake with a candle lit up on a plate in her hand. 

"Make a wish Harry," Eve whispered as she placed it on the tray and rolled it towards him, keeping the three feet apart rule. 

"I want to have a happy ending and live with Lou." He thought and blowed out the candles. 

Both Eve and Myra clapped their hands with smiles on their faces. 

"Happy Birthday Harry." Eve cheered. 

"Thank you," he smiled. 

---

It was a nice day, the clouds were gone, the hot sun burned his skin, and the wind was blowing making the trees move along the way. 

Harry decided to go on the rooftop, gaining memories here and there. He sat on the edge of the building, so his feet were dangling off, and there was a possibility he could make one wrong move and he was done for. 

"Didnʻt expect seeing you here, Styles." Louis came from the door. "Whoa, thatʻs a pretty dangerous spot there, Haz." Louis widen his eyes as he closed the door. 

"Is it?" He challenged. 

"Mʻnot sure if youʻre trying to pull my leg or really asking for a death wish." Louis came closer.

"It is pretty far down isnʻt it?" Harry looked down. 

Harry shifted in his seat until his feet met the ground. 

"Donʻt scare me like that Harry!" Louis said. 

He laughed, "I was being extra careful!"

"That doesnʻt mean anything." Now Louis had a straight face and shook his head side to side slowly, his eyes squinting because of the bright sun. 

"Guess what?" Harry smiled.

"What?" Louis was still slightly mad. 

"Itʻs my birthday." He whispered. Louis widen his eyes. 

"And you didnʻt tell me?!" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You didnʻt tell me either last time so you canʻt be the one scolding me," Harry protested. 

"But still! Myra told you about mines but no one told me about yours! Itʻs a cruel world out there." Louis shook his head and looked at the ground. 

"You could always make me a last minute birthday present." Harry smiled. 

"Sure there is, but the only thing I can do is stitch things, I mean, the only fun date weʻd had that we actually have in common with would be to hang out with the elders and stitch with them." Harry laughed. 

"We can always be like those indie couples and hang out in the record store, although, we canʻt leave the hospital," Harry looked down to his shoes on that last part. 

"Once I find something we can both do, youʻll love it." Louis smiled.