Eight

"Come on!" Louis said, holding Harryʻs hand with a bandana covering his eyes. 

"Where are we going, Lou?" Harry laughed. The two of them were wearing gloves of course, different from last time they held hands but same brand. 

"I canʻt tell you, itʻs a secret!" He laughed again. 

They were both running down the halls at 11:23 at night. It did take Louis forever to think of something to do, but he knew exactly what to do. 

"Weʻre almost there." He said. They were going up a flight of stairs now. 

Once they reached their rooftop, Louis told him to unfold the bandana, since Louis couldnʻt.

"Weʻre stargazing? Louis youʻre copying me!" Harry laughed. 

"Just wait for it." He stood behind Harry.

Out of nowhere, fireworks started to pop up, scaring the boy, but it was a beautiful sight. 

"I was actually the one to ask someone to do this, took a lot of begging." Louis was now standing on the side of Harry, three feet apart. 

"You mean you actually did this... just for me?" Harry said in between laughs. 

"Itʻs always for you." Louis looked at him and smiled. 

They both looked at the sight in front of them.

"You know," Harry started off. "Iʻve never liked fireworks because they were so loud, but now... I feel like they matter in my heart, thatʻs all because of you, Lou." They were both looking at each other now. 

They were both silent now, just staring at each other in comfortable silence, until Louis spoke. 

"I wish I could kiss you, Harry." Louis spoke, Harry frowned. "I just want to hold you in your sleep, and just hug you every time I see you." 

"I want to do the same Louis, but-" Harry spoke up, but Louis cut him off. 

"Yeah I know, the rules." Louis said. 

Harry stayed silent. 

"Why canʻt we just break them?" Louis looked back at the fireworks. 

"B-Break them? Louis do you know what youʻre wishing for right now?" Harry said with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Yes I do, I just- I never wanted to do this until you came in my life." Louis confessed. 

"So itʻs my fault?" Harry asked. 

"No itʻs no-"

"Fine then," Harry said and walked away.

"Come on, Harry! The show isnʻt even over yet!" He yelled for him to come back, the fireworks eventually stopped. 

"Hey! You did that!" Louis yelled, Harry stood quiet. 

---

Cried, thatʻs all Harry did. 

He didnʻt even know why he did, part of the reason was Niall, since he did that every night, and half of it was because he knew Louis wanted to break the rules, but you canʻt possibly do that since Louis would die. 

Harry didnʻt even notice he was cuddling the giraffe, not the turtle, the giraffe. 

He only cuddled the giraffe when he cried because it was like he was holding Louis, he imagined the brown headed boy in his arms, or even Harry in his arms, just trying to calm each other down. 

It was like the giraffe was his therapist, and it always calmed him down no matter what.