Love Confession

"We broke up already, remember? I'm done with you!", Lance yelled at Connor.

I took a step and they caught me. Lance gasped as he saw me while Connor looked neutral.

"Tristan? Is that you?!", Connor happily greeted as he walked towards me.

What an asshole! Before I could react, he tightly hugged me and I looked at Lance. He looked scared. Shit! Connor broke the hug and held my arms.

"Why are you here?", He asked again.

"Well, I --- uhhh  -- came for --- uhhh --  Lance. ", I stuttered as I scratched my head.

Connor suddenly stared at me as I looked at Lance. I feel so worried for him.

"Wait -- are you friends with him?", Connor asked me as he pointed his finger to Lance.

" We're good friends!", Lance said quickly before I could reply.

Connor faced me with a silly expression.

"Really, Tristan? I thought you hated him? I thought you were so disgusted seeing him so obsessed with you from college? ", Connor asked as he raised his eyebrow.

What a fucker! He really had the audacity to tell me those while Lance is here. I better confess my feelings to Lance now.

"That was in college, Connor. Everything's changed since we met again last year. ", I said as I smiled to Lance.

He smiled back and Connor looked confused.

"What's with the smile, Lance? I thought you were going to reconcile with me? ", Connor asked as he was about to walk towards Lance but I blocked his way by my hand.

He faced me with a blank expression. I think he's getting the idea.

"I am not reconciling with you, Connor. I don't even love you. ", Lance said as he glared at Connor.

Connor removed hand as he faced me.

"I'm fuckig confused right now! Why are you stopping me from walking towards Lance? Are you his bodyguard or something? ", he angrily asked.

I gulped as I got intimidated. Shit! I'm such a big guy nd I'm too coward to maintain eye contact with Connor. You can do this! You have to protect Lance from him.

"Did you hear what he just said? He doesn't love you and he won't reconcile with you! Why forcing Lance to reconcile with someone he doesn't even love? ", I asked loudly as I pushed him by his chest.

He stepped back and maintained his balance. Shit! I'm getting really pissed off right now. He faced me with a wrath in his face. I think I did the wrong thing.

"Why did you even care? It's my thing with Lance and you don't have fucking care if I force him or not! You're just his friend. I assume you're not even comfortable with him since you hate gays, right?! ", Connor yelled at me as he kept on pushing me back.

I tried to balance myself as I failed to dodge his mini punches on my chest. Lance began to block his way as he tried to protect me.

"Please! Don't hurt Tristan!", Lance begged as he faced Connor.

He looked at Lance and he was about to lay a strong punch at his face when I held his hand. Connor looked shocked as I grip his wrist tightly. He stopped and stared at Lance. He stepped back and chuckled as he crossed his arms.

"Wait -- Could you both explain what the fuck is happening here? Tristan's fucking defending you and you're protecting Tristan.

Lance faced me and I just realized that I really need to defend him more. I should confess my love to him. I should tell him I love him. It's time for me to be brave.