Disturbing Behavior. Edited *smut* Edited

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck." I give Damon a small smile before turning to my right in the kitchen to give Elena a big smirk as she wipes her hands on the nearest towel on the counter in front of us while rolling her eyes. "Everyone brings chili." I give her a chilling smile while she watches us dance back in forth trying to avoid each other as I grad the nearest wooden spoons stirring the multitude of tomatoes, meat, peppers and spices trying to avoid spraying the red on the white marble tops.

"If you show up with chili at the founder's party there's going to be nine other families with chili."

"Hey it's a family recipe but Lena band me from cooking since I set the microwave on fire." Damon laughs at my statement before grabbing the cloth from my hands and starting to wipe his mess from the juice left over on the cutting board while simultaneously moving around me to place the knife and cutting board in the mucky water that housed a multitude of dishes, pans and pots.

"I know, I knew your family and they made sucky chili." I roll my eyes before bumping my hip with Damons as he gives me a smirk back and bumps his hips with mine effectively throwing me off balance as I stretch out to hit the island but slide at the last minute and land on my ass. "I fucking hate my life," I say as I rub my sore ass before leaping up at the sound of footsteps.

"Hey, Rick what's up?" I question Alaric as he makes his way through the living room and into the kitchen with the three of us before his eyebrow raises and he crosses his arms around his chest while giving me a pointed look.  I raise my hands in surrender as Damon's hands wrap around my waist before his pointed chin found a home on top of my head resting between my curls while placing his hand on the silk of my dress right above my belly button, his thumb moving soothing circles as a smirk spills itself on his lips as the wrinkles of his eyes increase while his breath fans my cheek giving it a ghost kiss.

"I swear Rick they wouldn't hire me if I didn't give a reference!"

"Reference for what?" Elena questions as she looks over her shoulder at my horrified expression. Alaric reaches across the granite countertop and takes the spoon from Elena's hands before starting to mix up the chili and vegetables from her separate pot.

"Yes Eliza tell her what you did last night." I give her a sheepish smile before I let out a large sigh.

"I needed a job reference and I didn't have any then I realized I have a depressed, loner high school history teacher at home so I put Ricks's number and  name down."

"Oh no don't stop there it gets better." I quickly look up and glare back at Rick.

"I panicked on the phone when they asked me where he works and I said we used to work at Deja Vu together."

".........isn't that a strip club?"

"I panicked! then they asked me what contributions you did and I told them that you typed a stripper your tax refund."