Chapter 3

Hope you enjoy reading... thank you!

"Stop... you need to stop" I hear Athena scream as I keep her secured on my shoulder. I knew they had given up the chase by now. As soon as we ran through different territories they stopped.

That didn't mean that we escaped unscathed. I know Athena is in pain, I heard the gun before hearing her scream as it pierced her side. I also know I'm hurting her by continuing to run but we couldn't stop, it isn't safe.

"Please" I hear her sob and my heart breaks "Lou... you'll die if you don't stop"

I already know this. I could feel my body slowing. I could feel the exhaustion full force and the burning pain that still hadn't stopped. I know there isn't a way I'm going to survive this and I'm fine with that. I've lived through pain long enough, I'm tired.

I hear her continue to sob the heart wrenching sobs and so I slow to a stop and gently place her down on the forest ground. I look at her side to see it soaked with blood. I see the tears falling from her eyes and I quickly try to wipe them away.

"Athena you must heal yourself" I speak as my legs buckle slightly

"Athena you must heal yourself" I speak as my legs buckle slightly. I stumble but manage to keep my balance.

I strain my hearing as I hear a few twigs snapping, I try to convince my self that it's a deer and nothing more but as I say that I feel my heart pound and my fingers tremble.

I can hear Athena refusing to heal herself until she's healed me but we both know it's far to late for that.
We both know what is going to happen, it's inevitable.

"Lou-" I shush her quickly as I hear a snarl. My fingers tremble as I step in front of my dear friend on the floor. Her eyes glow as she notices we aren't alone.

I watch as three wolves walk from the trees standing before us, as a man walks in between them. I stare at him already feeling his disgust seeping from his pours.

"Who are you and why are you on nightfall territory?" I hear Athena gasp behind me at the name but I've never heard of any packs.

"We apologise... we didn't realise this is your territory" I reply keeping my voice as steady as I could.

"You expect us to believe this is an accident" he pauses for a moment as his eyes glide over to Athena. I watch his eyes fill with lust and greed, a look I've seen far to often

"Grab them and take them to the cells." His voice is steady as he keeps his eyes on us

One of the wolves change to their human form looking to their leader with questioning eyes.

"But.. shouldn't we take them to the infirmary. They're injured" I stare in shock at the suggestion before I share a look with Athena as she tries to stand

"Do not question me. I was left in charge so do as I say. They could be dangerous, look how much blood is covering the two that can't be all of their own" I snort at his stupidity. Any one could see that I could barely stand and Athena couldn't. We definitely weren't a threat