Chapter 14

Insight into Athena and Lumi... enjoy
Athena and Lumi POV

Quietly they walk through the halls back to Athena's room, she's still shaking from the conversation that had happened in the office. Although she knew it had to happen, they had to talk about his parents and that lead to questions of their captivity she wanted to be open about it. She knew she needed to be honest with what happened to her, so her mate knows why she is so terrified of someone's touch and using her magic.

She could feel the magic flowing through her veins down to her fingertips, she wiggles them as the want of using magic began to overwhelm her. Of course she has used magic through the years but she had always paid the price. When she summoned the wind to force Harry to the wall, she hadn't been thinking. She had simply reacted on instinct, the second she re-entered the room to Louis she broke down. She was convinced she'd be punished and locked away.

She wants to use her magic, she wants to feel free and uncontrolled. Athena smiles at the comforting feeling she feels from having her magic run through her body, it comforts her as she relives her fearless moments in her head.

Reaching her room she's enters quietly and quickly makes her way to her bed, sitting comfortably before looking back to her mate stood at the edge of the bed. Lumi hesitantly sits her self down unsure of what to really say. Her wolf for once is completely silent, feeling the pain her mate is in is completely new for her. She's so used to being strong and unbothered, as the first female beta she's always had to prove her self more than others. Even against opposition within the pack.

"Do... erm do you still want me?" Lumi's head shoots up at her words

Her eyes widen as she sees her mate sat looking so vulnerable, trying to smile but looking even more sad as her eyes well up with tears

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Lumi crawls towards her mate slowly watching for a reaction of fear. As she reaches close enough to touch her she's stops and sits crossed legged opposite her. Their knees lightly knock together.

"Baby... your my soulmate. My one and only... I couldn't live without you. Why on earth would you think I wouldn't want you?" She questions while already knowing what her mate is thinking

Athena blushes at the words spoken trying to avoid eye contact she speaks her mind "because... I'm damaged in more ways than one. I've been tortured mentally, physically .... sexually. You must be ashamed"

"No. I'm not ashamed... my beautiful mate has suffered more in a few years than most ever will in their life time, my mate has overcome so much and survived. My mate is fighting everyday and is the strongest person I know. Everyone has their pasts, their own battles and scars, you may have a few more that we will work on together. But there is not one ounce of me that is ashamed, disappointed or anything other than completely in awe of who you are."

Athena is for once completely speechless as she stares at her mate wide eyed. She feels her body move before she can really stop it but she's glad she can't. As she launches her self into Lumi's arms, feeling them wrap around her body and keep her secure as they fall back onto the bed, her face tucked tightly into Lumi's neck. They hold each other soundly in the embrace no more words needed to be spoken to say how they're truly feeling. Athena smiles a happy smile for the first time in years as she sighs in contentment and slowly falls asleep.

—————————————-
Louis and Harry's POV

"Promise to never let go"

He feels arms tighten around him before he jumps lifting his legs and wrapping them around his mates waist. Arms secure him tightly as they hold their embrace, Louis's almost asleep when he hears a soft whisper

"I promise"

As Harry holds his mate closely to his chest he hears the whispers from the others in the room. He ignores them as he concentrates on his mates touch. He never could have dreamed how this moment would feel, it's better than he could have ever imagined. The warmth, the happiness filling his chest, his wolf embracing the intertwining of souls at their first touch. Harry opens his eyes as he hears the room go silent, he realises that the other have left them to enjoy this moment.

Harry makes his way over to the sofa and quickly sits himself down, giving Louis time to adjust so he's now straddling his lap before he leans back. They're still within the embrace, not quite yet ready to let go of one another.

"Lou... does this mean you'll give me a chance? Give us a chance?" Harry questions feeling nervous as he holds his breath waiting for a reply.

Leaning back Louis looks into Harry's eyes getting lost for a moment before the voice snaps

Louis he's waiting for an answer.

Jumping slightly Louis blushes "I never imagine meeting my beloved... my soulmate. I could never see any such happy ending after the years of torture. I can't promise it will be easy... I'm going to struggle at times... but I want happiness, I want love and I want you. So I will give this my everything... just please be patient with me"

Harry's heart skips a beat and his wolf howls with joy so loud it almost gives him a headache

"We'll take it slow... we'll learn about each other. We'll grow together and we'll be the best leaders to this pack. And when your ready and Athena is ready... we'll make your uncle pay and put this family back together" Harry brings his wolf close to the surface as they speak together wanting Louis to feel their strength

Louis shudders at the power emitting from his beloved. He smiles as he feels safe. He smiles because he feels content and happiness grow in his chest. He smiles because this promises a future.

What do you think is to come in the future?