Chapter 10

Happy Easter!!! So very sorry for the delay in posting this- things have been crazy! Hope you enjoy-'please comment your thoughts!!!!

Harry watches as his mate and Athena walk away from him, he feels his heart pound and remorse fill his body. He looks over to Lumi whom stands before him with a dark look. He can see she had thought and felt the same as he had. They had both made the wrong assumptions, they had both assumed the worst.

"Lumi go to the infirmary and check on the status of Jessica.. I'm going to check the border" his voice remains strong and calm as he speaks although he feels anything but calm.

He shouts for Zayn as he begins his walk through the trees, he hears the man quickly catch up with him. He's been working hard to try and prove himself to be the next head warrior for the last few months. And now that Sam is gone, Harry wants to give him a chance.

It's silent as they journey through the trees, Harry feels his wolf pacing in his head with worry. Trying to take his mind away from just how massively he had fucked up he turns to Zayn

"What could cover a vampires scent?" If what his mate said is true then they need to think of what could have been used.

"Casablanca Lilies. They carry an aroma that is persistent and lingers, many find it incredibly enchanting. It's the only scent strong enough to cover a vampires scent" Zayn replies confidently

Harry nods impressed by his knowledge. "Okay... so how would it be possible that we didn't feel Jessica leave the territory or the vampire enter?"

Harry has been thinking of this since Louis had told him. Harry couldn't figure out how a member of his pack could leave the territory and he not feel a thing. Someone may enter and could go undetected but never leave undetected.

"I Erm I'm I don't know alpha" he admits defeatedly. Harry shrugs neither of them knew the answer but they needed to.

As they finally reach the scene just outside of their borders. Harry sighs, Louis had been telling the truth. The vampire laid grey with his heart laid beside him, his mouth still had blood covering it and drying down his chin.

Zayn leans down grasping the weird looking necklace the vampire had on.

"Alpha.. I think I know how... this is a Fore Agate Crystal. My aunt is into them.. this is for courage and protection. If by chance this vampire found a witch to enhance the protection abilities it could hypothetically protect him from borders" Zayn looks up with wide eyes

Harry stands dumbstruck for a moment, there was no way a witch would help or do anything for a vampire... not since the shift. No one knows what happened but suddenly things changed. Vampires became savage they broke all peace treaties, started numerous wars and broke all laws.

"Grab the Crystal and take it to Saffi, she can see if it has magic properties and burn that body" Zayn nods quickly

Harry begins to walk away before he stops looking over his shoulder "be in my office by 6am tomorrow to report back and start your new position as head warrior" he pauses only to see the bright smile covering the mans face.

At least you've done something good today

I know I fucked up... I'm going to apologise . Harry grumbles back to his wolf

You think one lousy sorry will be enough... did you not see the pain in his eyes. You need to tell him why we feel how we do about vampires?

No. I can't do that

It's that or say goodbye to Louis. And I swear Harry if you make me lose our mate I will kill you from the inside out

Harry doesn't hear anymore from his wolf after that. Feeling the mental block he sighs. He knew he fucked up but he couldn't tell Louis about that. Not yet. He hasn't spoken about that night since it happened. There is no way he can even think about it now.

Stepping into the pack house he makes his way up to his mates room. Reaching the door he takes a deep breath mentally preparing himself for the worst.

Timidly he knocks on the door, feeling his nerves hit sky high as he waits impatiently for his mate to open so he can grovel and beg for forgiveness.

Holding his breath as he hears steps near the door and twist the handle slowly before revealing Athena. He startles seeing her eyes completely gold as she glares at him with a look of hatred.

"How dare you come here after what you said" her voice is as cold as ice as he feels his wolf shrink away

"I Athena I just want to apologise... please let me see him" he goes to take a step but her hands comes out and he is pinned to the opposite wall.

"You will not step foot in this room. You have no idea what you've done to him. All he wants is acceptance, happiness, peace... he thought he could finally have that with you, his mate. How could you say those things to him, accuse himself of hurting a small child" she spits her words like venom as he struggles to move

"I know okay. I fucked up. I'm sorry. But how could I think any different when he runs off and comes back with a bleeding child"

"YOU TRUST YOUR MATE." She screams and he feels a heavier force on top of him "you at least give him the decency to explain. You humiliated him in front of the pack he is suppose to be Luna to. How could he now?!"

Harry's heart feels as if it stops at her words. He had done that, before he even introduced his mate to his pack. Harry has showed disdain for who he is, distrust and humiliated him. How is he ever going to come back from that.

"Athena please" he pleads

"No... he isn't ready to see you. He has only just cried himself to sleep. You know it's funny no matter the torture we went through, the torture he went through I've never seen him cry the way he did tonight." She looks at him in disgust turning around to walk back into the room before she stops

"Oh and for your information your mate... he's a prince and has the greatest control of all vampires. Maybe next time you'll treat him as a mate should" as she finally closes the door he feels the force leave his body and he collapses hard.

He's panting as he stays on the floor with only thought of Louis

He's a prince

Yeah and you made him cry. Nice one dickhead.

What do you think???
What's going to happen next?