Chapter 21

Chapter 21:
Previously:

Use this to communicate with Louis' aunt, Athena you can draw on this same Crystal for strength and white power, use it for protection and healing.... do not use it for death and destruction... if you do you risk the lives of all those around you. This is a powerful Crystal but I trust you'll use it wisely."

Athena stands twirling the crystal between her fingers feeling the power coursing through it and into her fingertips. She knows just how powerful this crystal is, the witch didn't need to warn her of that. She could feel it the moment it appeared within her grasp. She feels transfixed by this crystal, by the power it holds and the things it could do. She knows this is a test, a test of her. She knew that when Aphrodite handed the crystal to her and not Saffi, a more experienced witch. A witch whom has already shown her pure heart. No, she had given it to Athena for the simple reason of challenging her, giving her the power to destroy all of those that hurt her, that hurt Louis. She could use this crystal to give her unlimited black magic, she could rule over everyone and nothing would stop her. But the problem with that would be using black magic, the black magic that sucks every inch of pureness from ones soul, it would change her and change how she loves, how she cares and how she hates. She would be consumed with nothing but hatred and not just for those that hurt her but also those that helped her, healed her and protected her. She would lose everything and everyone and for what? A bit of power.

No, she refused to lose anymore of her self and her loved ones. She looked back down to the crystal in her hand to feel it almost pulsing as she feels her shoulders lighten and the weight lift from her decision. She didn't want to be a powerful dark witch. No, she wanted to be a powerful light witch, the kind with pureness never seen before. And she will be that witch.

'Athena?' the voice startles her from her thoughts and she turns to see Niall and Louis stood at the entrance.

She shows a small smile before sitting down on the window seat, leaving space for them to sit either side. She watches them both walk over and sit beside her. Louis' gaze focused on the crystal. She fiddles slightly feeling it pulse before it fills with a bright light. It startles everyone in the room for a moment before the light slowly fades.

'What the fuck was that?' Niall startles them again with his blunt question

'I'm not sure... it seemed like it was connecting us..' Athena is unsure of her own statement

'but why? I felt drawn to the crystal' Louis admits before continuing 'Niall and I was outside when I felt I needed to come here.'

'I just followed him.. he looked like he was in a trance' Niall admits

They all look down to the crystal in suspicion and curiosity. They weren't sure why the crystal reacted to them the way it did, or why it may have wanted them connected. Athena could feel their connection stronger than ever before. They didn't get long to dwell on it before other entered the room. Harry makes a bee line straight over to Louis, pulling him up from the seat before taking his place and pulling Louis onto his lap. Months ago Louis would have fought against that but now he gets comfortable and leans into the warm embrace.

Niall jumps up to greet his two mates before getting comfortable in between them. Athena feels Lumi slowly intertwine their fingers together. Athena had noticed how Lumi always approached her slowly and touched her even slower. She appreciated the gesture, she knew she would feel panicked if it was done any quicker.

'Okay, we have everything ready. I've strengthened the borders and gathered the few items we need for a communication link.' Athena looks towards Saffi as she explains and gets everything ready.

Athena nods taking a shaky breath before extending her hand to gently place the crystal into the dish. Saffi sits opposite her and they begin to focus on Rebecca, trying to form a connection.

Athena feels a jolt to her chest, she could almost picture the line of connection between herself and Louis' aunt, from crystal to crystal. Throughout the years Athena wondered if she had done the correct thing in handing over the protection crystal when she needed it so much for herself but now feeling this warmth, this connection that she knows would not have been possible if she hadn't have given it to them makes every thing worth it.

Taking a deep breath she opens her mouth 'Hello.. Rebecca'

'Athena? How? How is this possible?'

'I've formed a connection through a crystal so we can communicate. God we've missed you. how is everyone?'

She hears a sob echo through her head and her heart almost breaks, knowing it cant have been easy to be gone from family all this time.

'I have waited for this day for so long... Did Niall make it to you? Please tell me he is safe. Everyone here is fine, we've had to move around a lot'

'I know... we got out and we've found protection in the Nightfall Pack. Niall is here. It's time for you to make your way here.

'Seriously! We.. we can be together again. But what... what about Seth?'

'We are going to take him down... but the only way we can do that is together... he... he killed Damien'

There's silence for a few moments before Athena hears Rebecca's sobbing and some faint voices.

'No... how could he?'

Athena doesn't have an answer and so stays silent to allow Rebecca to calm down.

'Okay... okay we.. we will travel to Nightfall... but we are a fair distance away. It might take us a while especially with Cairo's injury.'

'What injury? I thought you said you were all fine.'

'It's not been easy Athena.. to live on the run. To have to hide because they nearly found us. We were attacked by a few savage vampires and rogues. They had Josiah cornered, he had only just found his wolf. Cairo saved him but not without a battle. He is healing but we've not been able to stop to hunt and its taking time.'

'Rebecca listen to me... Seth is getting more and more dangerous. His methods are cruel and he is no longer hesitating... you can not take your time getting to us... have Cairo hold the crystal. I will try and project a healing spell through our connection.'

Athena listens as there is some shuffling before a deeper huskier voice enters her mind.

'hello?' she can hear the confusion but somehow as she hears his voice she can picture him in her mind, she smiles as she sees the resemblance with Harry.

'Hi, my names Athena and I heard your a bit injured. We need you to travel back to your home... Nightfall pack. For that journey you need to be well so I am going to try and heal you okay?'

'Wait... your the witch that helped us that night. It's finally safe? We can come home... we can see our Harry?'

Athena smiles sadly 'Yes I helped you that night, along with my friend. It's not completely safe but its safer for you all to be home... yes you can see Harry, see the alpha he has become.'

She is sure she hears a choked sob but continues.

'Okay so this will feel quite weird but I need you to keep hold of the crystal no matter what. Heal what may be broken,, fix what is causing so much pain, through the words that are spoken, take away everything that may cause strain. '

'wow... your right that did feel weird but.. thank you so much. Not just for this but everything you and your friend has done for us in the past.'

'Of course...now I'm growing tired so it's best I go for now. Please begin your journey home and stay safe. You can use the crystal now to communicate with us if you need to.'

'Thank you Athena.' She hears a few voices say at once.

'Stay safe'.

The connection breaks and she falls back into Lumi's lap, feeling fatigue take over her body.

'They're coming... they're coming home.'

Nightfall Bond. L.Sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें