Chapter 26

Enjoy....,

My heart stutters as I look at the betrayal in his green eyes, the hurt and pain that soon follows. His eyes widen and mouth parts ready to speak but he seems to be at a loss.

"I'm sorry... please understand I need you to be okay" my voice hoarse as I look at the man looking defeated before me

I turn away and look at Athena, "are you sure about this Lou?"

"Yeah... I need to do this and I need to know he's okay" she nods silently before we both begin our walk away from the room Athena had cast a barrier around.

"LOUIS... DON'T DO THIS" I hear my mates voice echo throughout the hallway as I continue my walk.

This night is cold in the kingdom
I can feel you fade away
From the kitchen to the bathroom sink and
Your steps keep me awake

We continue our walk towards the cold end of the castle, knowing that's where my uncle will be lurking, hiding while his minions kill and die outside. I know that once he's dead they will feel it, feel it as I had felt my father die. Then they will stop... they will bow down and if they don't then they'll die.

Our journey comes to a sharp stop as we feel the coldness grow, Athena shivers as her eyes glow. "There's people coming Lou... you go on and I'll deal with these"

"No A-"

"GO!" Her voice is loud as she summons her powers a light glowing around her making me close my eyes before I open them and I see her telling me to leave

I nod at her. Proud to see how far she's come... proud and in awe to finally see her at her most powerful, at her strongest and most confident time in her life. I smile before I turn and follow the corridor.

Cold skin, drag my feet on the tile
As I'm walking down the corridor
And I know we haven't talked in a while
So I'm looking for an open door

I open the door at the end of the corridor feeling the presence on the other side. Taking a breath I step inside, looking around my fathers office.

"Oh my dear nephew I should have known you'd come after me" his voice causing my heart to freeze as my wolf battles to get free. My eyes flash but I try and keep them under control.

"It was always inevitable we'd end up here" I reply "you knew the moment you betrayed my father, that one day I'd come for you"

"Mhmm... I suppose you are right... however I knew that for sure when I killed my dear brother... did you feel it Louis? Did you feel that bond break?" His smirk spreads wide as he sees my eyes turn red, I feel that emptiness once again, that sharp pain that remains in my chest.

I stay silent as I try to rein in my anger, it won't help me here not against him. He's smart, unfortunately but I'm smarter. I need to stay calm and in control. I watch as his smirk falls at my lack of reaction and as it does he steps around the desk where I see the small black blade... the blade cursed to kill the one it draws blood from.

I eye him as he twirls it around his fingers... I understand straightaway that he planned for my temper to take over, for me to attack and then all he had to do is cut me with that blade.

"I suppose it was a similar pain to what you felt when your dear wife died... what was her name?" I pause as I watch his body fill with rage "oh yes.... sweet Adelaide"

"Don't you dare say her name boy" he growls his eyes a blood red as he lurches forward before he stops himself

"It's funny because her name... Adelaide means kindness and from what I remember she was always kind.... but yet your nothing but a sad pathetic and cruel man. Do you think she'd be proud of what her beloveds become?" I know I am pushing him to breaking point and that's exactly what I want. I can see his body shaking with rage as he stares at me and his grip on the knife tightens.